Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:08 pm wrote:Apparently Mane could barely muster a sprint in the ACN final, he was completely out on his feet.
He's going to need a lot more than a 16 day rest, he's been run into the ground. 13 solid months of top level football is just too much for the body to take. We are going to have to start the season without him.

He had plenty of sprints in him - the game overall was very poor and Mane was lost on the pitch due to a lack of support or quality to help him
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:08 pm wrote:Apparently Mane could barely muster a sprint in the ACN final, he was completely out on his feet.
He's going to need a lot more than a 16 day rest, he's been run into the ground. 13 solid months of top level football is just too much for the body to take. We are going to have to start the season without him.

Assuming he gets 3 weeks off like Bobby, Alisson and Salah, he'll probably only miss the first league game. Should be available for the 2nd league game.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:02 pm

Wherte the fck is the signings Jurgen, you dozy idiot???????????

did he actually watch any of those games last season through them Glasses with a 9" Lens!, our midfield creativity last season was woeful!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are two players short of the quality Man City have got.. I watched US, and I watched City last season. City were far more dynamic and efficient going forward, than us last term..

LUNACY if he thinks we are good enough
Last edited by Red Rum on Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:15 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:08 pm wrote:Apparently Mane could barely muster a sprint in the ACN final, he was completely out on his feet.

I'm not among those that believe we need 3 or 4 big money signings, but we definitely need a quality forward as back-up for the front 3. Mane will miss the start of the season and Salah and Bobby won't get much pre-season either. Don't know how many minutes they've played for club and country in the past 2 years but I'm sure it's a lot. Even if all 3 of them manage to not get injured for the entire season, fatigue will definitely prevent them from performing on their highest level.

Love Klopp to bits, but he's notorious for running players into the ground. Hope he doesn't make the same mistake as he did with Dortmund.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:35 am

I've been stunned by the stupidity of the African cup going on so long after the euro leagues finished... it amazes me that players didn't simply pack up and walk away. The league is going to be extremely tense this season from the off and inevitably come late Sept/October Mane is going to be feeling it already both physically and mentally.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:38 am

Yeah it feels like that tournament went on for ages. Its much better than it being in January though so hopefully it can be streamlined a bit in the future to finish a few days earlier.  Overall the amount of international football they have to play sucks tbh. Loads more this season as well with 5 rounds of Matches still to play in the Euro Qualifiers.

Had a look and the W.C finals were typically played on or before 15th July. Mexico was end of June and the 66 final was 30th of July.

Anyway I wouldn't expect Mane to be available for the start of the season. He will just about be returning then and it could be a few games before he is eased back into it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:33 am

If these preseason games have shown anything, its that we need to dip into the transfer market. Without our regular front 3 we just dont look like scoring
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:26 am

Agreed. The european champions can't beat Seville?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:33 am

Reg » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:26 am wrote:Agreed. The european champions can't beat Seville?

A Bit harsh mate ,those are make-shift team we playing...I do think we need to sign players and i don't buy Kloppo BS on injured players coming back as a new signing..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:28 pm

We won our preseason games last season and this year we lost two on the trot, not sure why but we play for the super cup and the charity shield and we want to be in a winning rhythm.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:08 pm

I sense there is an unreal atmosphere at the moment, too many first team footballers away, the youngsters struggling at this level etc.. No reflection of how things will pan out later. Don't read anything into it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:28 pm

Pre season is primarily about Fitness.

Of course I'd like us to be winning every game but with so many key figures not involved am I bothered about results  ???????????

:no

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:30 pm

We drew to Bury last year and lost to Dortmund 3-1. We also beat City. Pre-season results mean very little. You'd want to see some sort rhythm in our play in the final friendly but apart from that it's not much of an indicator of where we are. Wrong thread anyway.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:44 pm

Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:30 pm wrote:We drew to Bury last year and lost to Dortmund 3-1. We also beat City. Pre-season results mean very little. You'd want to see some sort rhythm in our play in the final friendly but apart from that it's not much of an indicator of where we are. Wrong thread anyway.

Wrong thread anyway

:nod

C'mon lads , let's try and stick comments on "games" in the LFC Games topic.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:08 pm

We are paper thin without our front three, how about Bale on loan as cover. He wouldn't expect to play every game as he doesn't with RM and there are plenty of golf courses around Liverpool
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill