Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Penguins » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:05 am

With very few players leaving by the looks of it, i don't see many new arrivals.
With Milner, Hendo, Gini, Fabinhi, Keita, Ox and even Lallana staying, you can't do much.
Klopp is extremely poor at one thing, selling deadwood before their contracts run out. Sturridge, Moreno being prime examples. Lallana will probably be another.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:27 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:14 am

http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Penguins » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:05 am wrote:With very few players leaving by the looks of it, i don't see many new arrivals.
With Milner, Hendo, Gini, Fabinhi, Keita, Ox and even Lallana staying, you can't do much.
Klopp is extremely poor at one thing, selling deadwood before their contracts run out. Sturridge, Moreno being prime examples. Lallana will probably be another.

Sturridge and Moreno weren’t “deadwood” though just like Lallana isn’t “deadwood”

Klopp has shown he has no problems getting shot of players who aren’t going to have any role in the squad. Any player who stays it’s because he wants them to stay
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:57 pm wrote:Jurgen did say that we wouldn't be doing much business this summer, which would be a mistake imo.

I can hear the panic and overreacting starting already because signings haven’t already been sorted

We don’t need to do much business - the squad is good enough to win the title , gaps need filling after players have left and the manager will fill those gaps but we have one of our best squads in 20 plus years - we aren’t going to have a squad like City’s - just can’t afford it but if the managers see someone who can improve the squad then he will look to get him

Hopefully people won’t go overboard in their reactions when we don’t spend like we have previously and it’s a quiet summer
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:05 pm

Wilson looks a decent prospect but the problem is if you want to finish above City you need top quality players because let's face it that's what they have got.
De Bruyne, Aguero, Bernardo Silva, Sane, David Silva, Sterling, Fernandinho etc etc etc they are all top quality.  We did unbelievably well to get to 97 points but City got 98 and they were without their best player for large swathes of the season.
If De Bruyne stays fit next season I think any team wanting to finish above City has got to be looking at racking up a total North of 100 points and I'm just not sure players of Wilsons profile are good enough to take us to those type of heights, players like De Ligt and Nicholas Pepe might be but it looks like Jurgen is happy with what he's got.
Personally speaking I think he squeezed every last drop out of the current squad last season, I think these same players would struggle to get 97 points again, I think we need to strengthen and with money in our pockets and our star riding high I don't think there's a better time to do it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:05 pm wrote:

Wilson looks a decent prospect but the problem is if you want to finish above City you need top quality players because let's face it that's what they have got.
De Bruyne, Aguero, Bernardo Silva, Sane, David Silva, Sterling, Fernandinho etc etc etc they are all top quality.  We did unbelievably well to get to 97 points but City got 98 and they were without their best player for large swathes of the season.
If De Bruyne stays fit next season I think any team wanting to finish above City has got to be looking at racking up a total North of 100 points and I'm just not sure players of Wilsons profile are good enough to take us to those type of heights, players like De Ligt and Nicholas Pepe might be but it looks like Jurgen is happy with what he's got.
Personally speaking I think he squeezed every last drop out of the current squad last season, I think these same players would struggle to get 97 points again, I think we need to strengthen and with money in our pockets and our star riding high I don't think there's a better time to do it.

Are you ever positive about anything ? Is it always looking at the negative- what a depressing person you are

You do nothing but praise everyone else , constantly praise on ex players , opposition players but the opposite on our players by constantly downtrodding them as if they are worthless.

Yes City have great players - yet those great players managed one whole point than us , in the games between the two those midfielders didn’t overrun our midfield and it was fine margins between the two. How about give yourself a kick up the f*cking ***** and realise our squad is good enough

There is a guy who sits near us - he does nothing but whinge like f*ck about everything in the team constantly moaning , calling for players to go and the manager - we score and he is sitting there like thunder as if his toys have been taken away - it’s as if he is only there to whinge and moan and keep going on and on about the old days. Depressing. Is it you ?

Wilson hasn’t even been given a go - yet written off , team written for next season

We aren’t going to get a truck load of players better than City - we just aren’t , we aren’t that club , we don’t have that manager who just goes and spends.

If you want to be like City then we need new owners and a new manager - it’s prob easier for you to support City , you are certainly far more complimentary about them than you are your own supposed team.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:05 pm wrote:

I get your point about needing quality and that now is the best time as we are not that far away and we have the money... I will say that Be Bruyne was sold by Chelsea then he became a player, so we should not be so quick to write players off, giving Wilson a chance in preseason to see how he does with the team is not a bad idea as the only downside is we do late business if it does not work out. I’m sure you might have said the same when we bought Robertson who came from a small club and was a gamble and now he is one of the best left backs which could be said for most of our team, we have to trust Klopp’s eye for a player.

Fernandinho was crucial for City last season and he is getting older, will they find a perfect replacement or reshuffle the system which could mean all bets are off. Just like we may not achieve 97 points next season maybe City won’t achieve 98, can they really do it three years in a row?
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:03 pm

I'm not panicking at all as we haven't got our cheque book out yet, but this season we looked so flat and devoid of creativity in midfield it SLAPS you in the face! If Klopp doesn't see this and address the issue, then we are doomed to finish second or worse next season as I don't think we will get more than 90 points.

theres too much defending in our midfield , with only the OX willing to be more attacking.

Maybe we should go back in for Fekir.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:16 pm

Red Rum » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:03 pm wrote:I'm not panicking at all as we haven't got our cheque book out yet, but this season we looked so flat and devoid of creativity in midfield it SLAPS you in the face! If Klopp doesn't see this and address the issue, then we are doomed to finish second or worse next season as I don't think we will get more than 90 points.

theres too much defending in our midfield , with only the OX willing to be more attacking.

Maybe we should go back in for Fekir.

How did it manage to get 97 points last season and won the CL ?

To suggest it’s devoid of creativity allows you to continue to show your complete lack of any sort of knowledge.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:13 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:57 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:05 pm wrote:

Are you ever positive about anything ? Is it always looking at the negative- what a depressing person you are

You do nothing but praise everyone else , constantly praise on ex players , opposition players but the opposite on our players by constantly downtrodding them as if they are worthless.

Yes City have great players - yet those great players managed one whole point than us , in the games between the two those midfielders didn’t overrun our midfield and it was fine margins between the two. How about give yourself a kick up the f*cking ***** and realise our squad is good enough

There is a guy who sits near us - he does nothing but whinge like f*ck about everything in the team constantly moaning , calling for players to go and the manager - we score and he is sitting there like thunder as if his toys have been taken away - it’s as if he is only there to whinge and moan and keep going on and on about the old days. Depressing. Is it you ?

Wilson hasn’t even been given a go - yet written off , team written for next season

We aren’t going to get a truck load of players better than City - we just aren’t , we aren’t that club , we don’t have that manager who just goes and spends.

If you want to be like City then we need new owners and a new manager - it’s prob easier for you to support City , you are certainly far more complimentary about them than you are your own supposed team.

I don't like the tone of your posts, you come across as a fvcking know all.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:24 pm

Or maybe I’m sick of hearing and seeing so many negative ***** who do nothing but downplay everything the club and manager does

CL winners and want an amazing time it was over there and just after our best ever Prem season

Yet read your posts and Christ you would think we just about struggled to qualify for CL

You spent most of the season being negative and it’s depressing - prob still dreaming of the return of Rafa along with the players that fell short many times

We haven’t even started pre season training and you have already gone negative. I suspect you have a little bit of disappointment in you that your constant predictions of doom didn’t come true
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:52 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:24 pm wrote:Or maybe I’m sick of hearing and seeing so many negative ***** who do nothing but downplay everything the club and manager does

CL winners and want an amazing time it was over there and just after our best ever Prem season

Yet read your posts and Christ you would think we just about struggled to qualify for CL

You spent most of the season being negative and it’s depressing - prob still dreaming of the return of Rafa along with the players that fell short many times

We haven’t even started pre season training and you have already gone negative. I suspect you have a little bit of disappointment in you that your constant predictions of doom didn’t come true

There you go again, if you can't talk to people civilly don't fvcking bother at all. You're a nobody with an opinion just like the rest of us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:40 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:24 pm wrote:Or maybe I’m sick of hearing and seeing so many negative ***** who do nothing but downplay everything the club and manager does

And? One doesn't exclude the other...
Yes, we had an amazing season, but still fell short to city in the PL. And yes, Klopp squeezed everything out of that group of players, but it still wasn't enough over 38 games.
And Wilson is the one to take us there, even though he hasn't even Pl experience. Is this the time to go that route when trying to overtake city? I call that delusion if anything.
Resting on your laurels is bad any season, even when you win the league.
For Wilson to even be considered he has to go on loan to a PL team and prove he's got it at that level. We are trying to win the Pl ffs....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:30 am

Penguins » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:40 am wrote:

And? One doesn't exclude the other...
Yes, we had an amazing season, but still fell short to city in the PL. And yes, Klopp squeezed everything out of that group of players, but it still wasn't enough over 38 games.
And Wilson is the one to take us there, even though he hasn't even Pl experience. Is this the time to go that route when trying to overtake city? I call that delusion if anything.
Resting on your laurels is bad any season, even when you win the league.
For Wilson to even be considered he has to go on loan to a PL team and prove he's got it at that level. We are trying to win the Pl ffs....

Go down that route ? What route is that - a player that Klopp May rate ?

Can you name me any transfer window where Klopp afterwards hasn’t improved the club - each year it’s a forward progression and the club are saying once again it’s going to be another forward progression, no standing still but going forward - Klopp looks like he wants to see if Wilson is someone who can fill the gap within the squad instead of spending £80mil on a forward who may also not work out. If he decides that Wilson isn’t the one then he will sell him and bring someone in

But can people really still judge Klopps judgment on players ? He doesn’t waste money.

Wilson is being dismissed because he doesn’t have a foreign name and isn’t coming from abroad but the guy has the potential to be a star if he can become consistent - but is suspect he isn’t a star on some computer game so people dismiss him.

It’s always the same with silly season - people throws teddies out of the cot because the rumour from some wannabe on twitter turned out to *****

Whoever does come in I know for sure it will be because the manager wants him and his judgement is far superior to anyone on here
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill