Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:45 pm

I sincerely hope there is zero truth to any rumor we were looking at Depay. Utter dogshyte.
By the way, tried to post this over the weekend but the forum seemed to be fubar'ed. Anybody know what the problem was?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:45 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:17 pm wrote:Ffs you really a depressing bugger - doesn’t matter what it “could” have been - it is what it was - we got 97 points

No team can be perfect , we dropped points , we gained points and we just got pipped. We could have been more creative but let in more goals and dropped more points.

Yes we won when we didn’t play great at times - name me a team that hasn’t , City didn’t cruise every single game - they struggled at times and only won a couple of games by a millimetre or a wonder lucky goal from a CB.

We were lucky because City had one player injured ?! Is that the reason why we went so close - f*ck all credit to the manager and a midfield that shoved your words down your throat - you spent all year slagging of the midfield yet they were superb and did their job

Our best league points total ever - lost once , CL winners and you go on about us being lucky and we could have lost this and that

It’s almost if you are gutted we did well so that you could bring out the “ i told you so” and to start dribbling on about the snidey ***** Coutinho - it’s sad that you still harp back to days of Rafa and Rodgers.

Coutinho is no more of a snidey ***** than VVD or Mane or Keita or Lovren or any other modern player who wants to move to a perceived bigger club, we've been through all this before Benny and came to the conclusion that you're a hypocrite.
You keep saying we won't sign an AM because Jurgen doesn't play that way but he told Coutinho he wanted to build a team around him, he tried to sign Fekir and according to reports we are in for Fernandes.
You know no more than anyone else on these boards Benny so stop pretending that you do, you are guessing, just like the rest of us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:48 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:45 pm wrote:I sincerely hope there is zero truth to any rumor we were looking at Depay. Utter dogshyte.
By the way, tried to post this over the weekend but the forum seemed to be fubar'ed. Anybody know what the problem was?

In the Echo the other day the club said there was no truth to the rumours that we were in for Depay.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:03 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:45 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:17 pm wrote:Ffs you really a depressing bugger - doesn’t matter what it “could” have been - it is what it was - we got 97 points

No team can be perfect , we dropped points , we gained points and we just got pipped. We could have been more creative but let in more goals and dropped more points.

Yes we won when we didn’t play great at times - name me a team that hasn’t , City didn’t cruise every single game - they struggled at times and only won a couple of games by a millimetre or a wonder lucky goal from a CB.

We were lucky because City had one player injured ?! Is that the reason why we went so close - f*ck all credit to the manager and a midfield that shoved your words down your throat - you spent all year slagging of the midfield yet they were superb and did their job

Our best league points total ever - lost once , CL winners and you go on about us being lucky and we could have lost this and that

It’s almost if you are gutted we did well so that you could bring out the “ i told you so” and to start dribbling on about the snidey ***** Coutinho - it’s sad that you still harp back to days of Rafa and Rodgers.

Coutinho is no more of a snidey ***** than VVD or Mane or Keita or Lovren or any other modern player who wants to move to a perceived bigger club, we've been through all this before Benny and came to the conclusion that you're a hypocrite.
You keep saying we won't sign an AM because Jurgen doesn't play that way but he told Coutinho he wanted to build a team around him, he tried to sign Fekir and according to reports we are in for Fernandes.
You know no more than anyone else on these boards Benny so stop pretending that you do, you are guessing, just like the rest of us.

VVD and Mane wanted to play for us - Coutinho wanted to leave us - the difference is clear , I don’t care how players arrive to us - it’s how they treat Liverpool , if someone forces a move to the club that means they want to play for us - Coutinho forced a move away - he wanted to leave , he treated our club with disrespect that’s what matters - to try and compare it to others looking to go to Liverpool is laughable and it’s just you try to cling on to some hope - that’s not hypocritical that’s bias to my own club - how our fans should be.

I didnt say he won’t sign an AM because he doesn’t play that way - I said he won’t sign an AM because he has 4 players plus Firmino who will fill that role in the system that he has found success in

“According to reports” - basically baseless ***** , if last summer doesn’t show you anything they you should ignore ***** like “according to reports”

What I do know is when Coutinho left we - reached a CL final , the we won a CL , we had a best ever season in the Prem and we improved massively

The owners made their statement about Coutinho and just like that Judas ***** Owen , Coutinho found out that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side and can live with his choice

Unless someone leaves from - Ox, Keita , Lallana , Shaqiri then we won’t sign another AM
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:05 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:48 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:45 pm wrote:I sincerely hope there is zero truth to any rumor we were looking at Depay. Utter dogshyte.

In the Echo the other day the club said there was no truth to the rumours that we were in for Depay.

I doubt we are in for Depay but the media, including the Echo, have very little info since Klopp and Edwards took charge. The Echo also reported we weren't interested in Alisson, we'd moved on permanently from VVD, etc. They are nothing more than a mouth piece for the club in recent years and in exchange they get exclusive interviews.

Most of the genuine info is coming from abroad.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:42 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:03 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:45 pm wrote:

VVD and Mane wanted to play for us - Coutinho wanted to leave us - the difference is clear , I don’t care how players arrive to us - it’s how they treat Liverpool , if someone forces a move to the club that means they want to play for us - Coutinho forced a move away - he wanted to leave , he treated our club with disrespect that’s what matters - to try and compare it to others looking to go to Liverpool is laughable and it’s just you try to cling on to some hope - that’s not hypocritical that’s bias to my own club - how our fans should be.

I didnt say he won’t sign an AM because he doesn’t play that way - I said he won’t sign an AM because he has 4 players plus Firmino who will fill that role in the system that he has found success in

“According to reports” - basically baseless ***** , if last summer doesn’t show you anything they you should ignore ***** like “according to reports”

What I do know is when Coutinho left we - reached a CL final , the we won a CL , we had a best ever season in the Prem and we improved massively

The owners made their statement about Coutinho and just like that Judas ***** Owen , Coutinho found out that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side and can live with his choice

Unless someone leaves from - Ox, Keita , Lallana , Shaqiri then we won’t sign another AM

Just as I said you are a hypocrite, as for those players you have listed none of them are in the class of City's AM's, it's an area we can improve.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:48 pm

But it’s not an area Klopp sees as somewhere to improve - unless City want to sell us KDB, we aren’t going to be able to be better than City in every position

And even if Klopp did want to replace one of them - then it won’t be with Coutinho , he won’t ever play in a Liverpool shirt again

And no it’s not hypocritical even if you want to use it as some sort of justification that Coutinho would be ok coming back .

I actually thought this season winning the CL and going so close in the Prem would actually make you open your eyes to the FACT we have a squad and team good enough to win major competitions and it would be time for you to stop downtrodding them every chance.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:51 pm

Pig Catcher » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:05 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:48 pm wrote:

I doubt we are in for Depay but the media, including the Echo, have very little info since Klopp and Edwards took charge. The Echo also reported we weren't interested in Alisson, we'd moved on permanently from VVD, etc. They are nothing more than a mouth piece for the club in recent years and in exchange they get exclusive interviews.

Most of the genuine info is coming from abroad.

The Echo is normally pretty reliable, that story about us moving on from VVD probably came around the time when Southampton were going to report us to the FA and we wanted to convince Southampton that we'd dropped all interest in the player. In fact if I remember correctly the club actually sent a delegation to the south coast to apologise to Southampton's board in person.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:54 pm

The club keep it in house now - Fabinho and Alisson last summer two perfect examples , done and dusted before anyone knew including the Echo
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:11 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:48 pm wrote:But it’s not an area Klopp sees as somewhere to improve - unless City want to sell us KDB, we aren’t going to be able to be better than City in every position

And even if Klopp did want to replace one of them - then it won’t be with Coutinho , he won’t ever play in a Liverpool shirt again

And no it’s not hypocritical even if you want to use it as some sort of justification that Coutinho would be ok coming back .

I actually thought this season winning the CL and going so close in the Prem would actually make you open your eyes to the FACT we have a squad and team good enough to win major competitions and it would be time for you to stop downtrodding them every chance.

I think we have a terrific defence and a terrific attack, it's our midfield which I think is average and it is.
Look we've been through all this before, a few months ago I listed about 10 midfielders from our past and asked you where you'd put Henderson, Gini and Milner in that lot, to be fair you admitted that all the MF I listed were better players but you said it's not about how good Hendo, Gini and Milner are as individual players but how they fit into our system and I agreed.
Hendo et al do a good job at being workhorses, they've got big hearts and will run all day but you can't tell me that we wouldn't have a better side if we had Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano in our midfield instead.
That's my point, our MF do a good job but it's an area where we can obviously improve. To be fair Fabinho has come in and pretty much nailed down a place now and he is a huge upgrade on Hendo at DM and Keita, after a slow start, is a player who can go past a man and thread a pass even though he see' himself as primarily a defensive player.
Our midfield is evolving I acknowledge that but imo we still lack someone who can open up teams, we saw it last year, Shaq et al either aren't good enough or consistent enough, Ox may have been the player we were looking for but he suffered one of the worst injuries a footballer can get, we don't yet know if he'll be the same player.
I only mention Coutinho because I know him, if you know a midfielder with Phil's passing ability great get him instead, but we need someone.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:48 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:11 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:48 pm wrote:But it’s not an area Klopp sees as somewhere to improve - unless City want to sell us KDB, we aren’t going to be able to be better than City in every position

I think we have a terrific defence and a terrific attack, it's our midfield which I think is average and it is.
Look we've been through all this before, a few months ago I listed about 10 midfielders from our past and asked you where you'd put Henderson, Gini and Milner in that lot, to be fair you admitted that all the MF I listed were better players but you said it's not about how good Hendo, Gini and Milner are as individual players but how they fit into our system and I agreed.
Hendo et al do a good job at being workhorses, they've got big hearts and will run all day but you can't tell me that we wouldn't have a better side if we had Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano in our midfield instead.
That's my point, our MF do a good job but it's an area where we can obviously improve. To be fair Fabinho has come in and pretty much nailed down a place now and he is a huge upgrade on Hendo at DM and Keita, after a slow start, is a player who can go past a man and thread a pass even though he see' himself as primarily a defensive player.
Our midfield is evolving I acknowledge that but imo we still lack someone who can open up teams, we saw it last year, Shaq et al either aren't good enough or consistent enough, Ox may have been the player we were looking for but he suffered one of the worst injuries a footballer can get, we don't yet know if he'll be the same player.
I only mention Coutinho because I know him, if you know a midfielder with Phil's passing ability great get him instead, but we need someone.

How many trophies did we win with - Gerrard , Alonso and Mascherano - None , Zero , zilch

It’s always about the sum of the parts - you spent all season trying to compare our midfield constantly calling it average and constantly comparing to a midfield that won nothing

The midfield is not average - it’s very good and provides the exact platform for the team , it was excellent in the second half of the season as Klopp mixed and matched it and they were a hell of a lot more than runners and grafters but you won’t ever give them the credit they deserve , that midfield has a CL medal round it’s neck and next season with a returning Ox and a more settled Keita will go again for me. We opened up teams from all over the park and will do again - get used to the fact we won’t be getting a Coutinho type player. And calling him”Phil” - shows the love you still harbour for the snidey *****
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:08 am

We will definitely sign a full back and a keeper as we will lose two from those positions and I read that is what Klopp said. I’d like Pepe as he already plays like what we have but will he want to rotate? B Munich are chasing him and he will probably play every game as they have so many old players leaving. I agree with Yakka that we really need a creative top class midfielder but I think Coutinho in not the player as we will be less solid defensively as his work rate is not the best. I do think Keita will have a good year for us next season and maybe Klopp feels the same.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:13 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:48 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:11 pm wrote:

How many trophies did we win with - Gerrard , Alonso and Mascherano - None , Zero , zilch

It’s always about the sum of the parts - you spent all season trying to compare our midfield constantly calling it average and constantly comparing to a midfield that won nothing

The midfield is not average - it’s very good and provides the exact platform for the team , it was excellent in the second half of the season as Klopp mixed and matched it and they were a hell of a lot more than runners and grafters but you won’t ever give them the credit they deserve , that midfield has a CL medal round it’s neck and next season with a returning Ox and a more settled Keita will go again for me. We opened up teams from all over the park and will do again - get used to the fact we won’t be getting a Coutinho type player. And calling him”Phil” - shows the love you still harbour for the snidey *****

There you go again being a hypocrite, I don't know why you feel you have to be such a zealot but if someone like myself who was born in Mill Road hospital, grew up and went to school in the shadow of Anfield and barely missed a home game in over 2 decades can get over the fact that modern players act like ***** to engineer their way out of clubs then I'm sure you can.
You're like those arl fella's when I was a kid who refused to go the game anymore because players started hugging each other after they scored instead of shaking hands. Move with the times Benny.
You seem to think the fact our players won a CL medal makes them great footballers, it doesn't, one of the most limited players I ever saw in a red shirt (Joey Jones) was in the team that won our first European Cup in 1977, the likes of Traore, Smicer, Baros etc won a CL winners medal under Rafa.
Granted those players did a job, just like Henderson etc have done a good job this season, but make no mistake without the likes of Emlyn Hughes and Kevin Keegan Jones wouldn't have a European Cup winners medal, without the likes of Gerrard and Alonso Traore et al wouldn't have a CL winners medal and without our terrific front 3, defence and keeper our midfielders wouldn't have CL winners medals either.
Even when they win major trophies the best managers don't rest on their laurels, that's why European Cup winning fullback Joey Jones was immediately shipped out and replaced by Alan Kennedy, a far better player who incidentally went on to score the winning goals in 2 more European Cup finals.
That's my point, Jones played in a team that won the league title, European Cup and a team that missed out on a treble in the days when doubles happened twice a century because of probably the most jammy goal ever scored in an FA Cup final, having limited players in your team doesn't stop you having great success, the best managers though like Bob Paisley recognised that successful teams can still be better. Bob never rested on his laurels, he constantly improved his team and that's why he won so many trophies.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:31 pm

Any truth to any new signings boys? instead of just rumours, I'm hoping we get at least TWO stellar signings this window, particularly in Midfield.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:21 pm

Red Rum » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:31 pm wrote:Any truth to any new signings boys? instead of just rumours, I'm hoping we get at least TWO stellar signings this window, particularly in Midfield.

Well according to the Echo we won't be signing a striker because Klopp is impressed with Brewster and has faith in Origi.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill