Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:23 pm

Red Rum » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:31 pm wrote:Any truth to any new signings boys? instead of just rumours, I'm hoping we get at least TWO stellar signings this window, particularly in Midfield.

Won’t be getting a midfielder unless one leaves - will mainly get a wide forward and fullback plus youngsters
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:19 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:23 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:31 pm wrote:Any truth to any new signings boys? instead of just rumours, I'm hoping we get at least TWO stellar signings this window, particularly in Midfield.

Won’t be getting a midfielder unless one leaves - will mainly get a wide forward and fullback plus youngsters

It's well known we nearly signed Fekir last year. Why do you think Klopp has changed his mind about needing a creative midfielder?
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:15 am

Pig Catcher » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:19 pm wrote:

It's well known we nearly signed Fekir last year. Why do you think Klopp has changed his mind about needing a creative midfielder?

Signed Shaqiri and adjusted the tactics to get Bobby playing a bit deeper picking the ball up and playing a lot of times as a “9.5” - and I reckon Bobby prob last season played more through balls and opened up gaps than we got from Coutinho say. Bobby was the number ten and worked very well
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:23 am

I thought Firmino had a poor season tbh, seemed to take an age for him to get going after the World Cup.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:49 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:23 am wrote:I thought Firmino had a poor season tbh, seemed to take an age for him to get going after the World Cup.

Or you didn’t understand the change in role for him this season

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/06/c ... on-review/
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:50 am

bunglemark2 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:45 pm wrote:I sincerely hope there is zero truth to any rumor we were looking at Depay. Utter dogshyte.
By the way, tried to post this over the weekend but the forum seemed to be fubar'ed. Anybody know what the problem was?

Agree comment on Depay

Re site problem.

From Thursday to early Sunday I could access the site but it was totally unresponsive, kept getting a "SQL error" message (whatever that means,  :p .)

Finally managed to get hold of admin early Sunday via e:mail and passed on error message. Problem was then quickly resolved, apologies if it inconvenienced any of you lads.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:49 am

woof woof ! » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:50 pm wrote:Finally managed to get hold of admin early Sunday via e:mail and passed on error message. Problem was then quickly resolved, apologies if it inconvenienced any of you lads.

Woof I thought you'd pulled the plug on the site mate. Liverpool's first team squad in Madrid was bigger than the group of posters on this forum...  :ghostface:

What can we do to bring it back to life and attract new folk?  Change the forum name for starters?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:08 am

will mainly get a wide forward and fullback

Why Lallana, when Jurgen has Shaqiri and Origi as backup, who can play out wide or central attack? Plus according to Klopp Brewster will get some first team opportunities next season.

Also, we have Gomez and Milner as cover for our full backs also??

It's the Midfield that needs bolstering most, with your namesake Adam offloaded first.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:20 am

Lallana in Pyjamas

Signed Shaqiri and adjusted the tactics to get Bobby playing a bit deeper picking the ball up and playing a lot of times as a “9.5” - and I reckon Bobby prob last season played more through balls and opened up gaps than we got from Coutinho say. Bobby was the number ten and worked very well

We used the 4-2-3-1 for the first half of the season with Firmino as the 10 and Salah up front. But once Fabinho had settled and was comfortable playing as a single pivot we switched back to the 4-3-3. In the second half of the season we played with Salah on the left, Mane on the right, Firmino upfront and behind them three from Fabinho, Gini, Henederson, Milner, Ketia and Lallana. The experiment with Shaqiri as the 10 was short lived and he’s mainly been used from the left.

I’ve be very surprised if we don’t try and bring in 10 this year weather Klopp plans to play a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 going forward.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:52 pm

According to the Echo we are looking for a forward who can play in a variety of positions but Nicholas Pepe isn't being considered, we aren't interested in him. Shame, he looked a good a player.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:52 pm wrote:According to the Echo we are looking for a forward who can play in a variety of positions but Nicholas Pepe isn't being considered, we aren't interested in him. Shame, he looked a good a player.

Hopefully we won't go for the cheap option like we did in the past. We've earned enough money to buy at least one quality player this transfer window, surely. Since our team is pretty good as it is, that player might be used for rotation mostly, but in this day and age a quality rotation player is a must if you want to compete for major titles. We have Man City to compete with ffs.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:36 pm

Pig Catcher » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:20 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas

We used the 4-2-3-1 for the first half of the season with Firmino as the 10 and Salah up front. But once Fabinho had settled and was comfortable playing as a single pivot we switched back to the 4-3-3. In the second half of the season we played with Salah on the left, Mane on the right, Firmino upfront and behind them three from Fabinho, Gini, Henederson, Milner, Ketia and Lallana. The experiment with Shaqiri as the 10 was short lived and he’s mainly been used from the left.

I’ve be very surprised if we don’t try and bring in 10 this year weather Klopp plans to play a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 going forward.

Even when we switched to the 4-3-3 Bobby was still dropping deep to pick up the ball which allowed midfield runners to get past ( Keita started to take advantage of that to good effect ) and it’s rhe way I expect us to play next year - Bobby being key. So I don’t think we will see a Coutinho type player coming or a traditional number 10. Will certainly bring in someone to rotate with Mo and Mane
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:27 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:36 pm wrote:
Pig Catcher » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:20 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas

Even when we switched to the 4-3-3 Bobby was still dropping deep to pick up the ball which allowed midfield runners to get past ( Keita started to take advantage of that to good effect ) and it’s rhe way I expect us to play next year - Bobby being key. So I don’t think we will see a Coutinho type player coming or a traditional number 10. Will certainly bring in someone to rotate with Mo and Mane

But that's what Firmino did and that's how we played the season before and the season before that. Firmino dropped and the wide players exploited that space. Lallana broke from midfield in the 2016/2017 season and Ox broke from midfield in the 2017/2018 season. In the 2018/2019 season with Lallana and Ox injured, our failure to get Fekir, and Shaq not really working out in the 10, Klopp decided to use Firmino to solve a problem, as he often does. Eventually he went back to a 4-3-3 and moved Firmino back upfront and used the likes of Keita, Henderson and Gini to break from midfield and link with the attack. I don't think we'll have interest in Coutinho but I'd guess Klopp still wants a real quality midfield player who can break the lines and link with the the front 3.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:32 pm

I don’t see it and watching Fekir a few times last season he was a lot higher up the pitch than an attacking mid - more a forward.

Just look at the amount of midfielders we have - none are leaving , he doesn’t sign players for the sake of it and maybe Fekir was coming to the fill the gap opened up by Ox getting injured

Fabinho , Milner , Gini , Hendo , Ox , Keita , Lallana and even Shaqiri can play high AM - you add another and one is leaving because Klopp doesn’t normally do big squads

He will imo look at the front three and bring in someone to help out

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... s-16406796
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:57 pm

Jurgen did say that we wouldn't be doing much business this summer, which would be a mistake imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill