Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:53 pm

We don’t need Coutinho - we moved on from him and it’s no surprised to see someone harking back to him - we won’t be signing someone for the midfield - there is no space for one

Henderson
Gini
Fabinho
Milner
Keita
Ox
Lallana
Shaqiri

7 players for three spots - the manager isn’t going to waste funds to bring in someone who won’t fit into his system which works

Now Pepe might well arrive because he brings in something more up top

Mo
Mane
Bobby
Origi
Brewster

With Sturridge going that leaves a spot - which is where Klopp will sign someone - Pepe would be a great signing to add into those roles

And then we would a new Fullback to replace Moreno

So apart from young players the only decent money I see him spending is a full back plus someone up top

Coutinho won’t arrive and neither will Fekir - we have moved on from both and moved on for the better. Coutinho can rot in Spain the snide ***** - refusing the play and faking injury - never should be welcome at the club again and to say it would be good for moral is laughable - the players won’t forget how he treated the club
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:56 pm

I'm surprised we haven't seen more stories in the press linking us to players tbh, Jurgen tends to be one of those managers who likes to get his business done early.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:06 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:53 am wrote:We don’t need Coutinho - we moved on from him and it’s no surprised to see someone harking back to him - we won’t be signing someone for the midfield - there is no space for one

Henderson
Gini
Fabinho
Milner
Keita
Ox
Lallana
Shaqiri

7 players for three spots - the manager isn’t going to waste funds to bring in someone who won’t fit into his system which works

Mo
Mane
Bobby
Origi
Brewster

With Sturridge going that leaves a spot - which is where Klopp will sign someone - Pepe would be a great signing to add into those roles

So apart from young players the only decent money I see him spending is a full back plus someone up top

Coutinho won’t arrive and neither will Fekir - we have moved on from both and moved on for the better. Coutinho can rot in Spain the snide ***** - refusing the play and faking injury - never should be welcome at the club again and to say it would be good for moral is laughable - the players won’t forget how he treated the club

I disagree, imo we need a creative player in the middle of the park who can open teams up. It's easy to forget now but there were times last season where our only gameplan was to hoof the ball up and hope our front players could get onto it, it was our gameplan last Saturday in fact. To take that next step as a team we need to improve our creativity and goal scoring from midfield.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:13 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:06 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:53 am wrote:We don’t need Coutinho - we moved on from him and it’s no surprised to see someone harking back to him - we won’t be signing someone for the midfield - there is no space for one

Henderson
Gini
Fabinho
Milner
Keita
Ox
Lallana
Shaqiri

Mo
Mane
Bobby
Origi
Brewster

I disagree, imo we need a creative player in the middle of the park who can open teams up. It's easy to forget now but there were times last season where our only gameplan was to hoof the ball up and hope our front players could get onto it, it was our gameplan last Saturday in fact. To take that next step as a team we need to improve our goal scoring/creativity from midfield.

Of course you disagree - you have said our midfield isn’t good enough all season yet the results show how wrong you are and will continue to be so, you still hark back to the days of Coutinho as if he was some sort of Messi - he wasn’t and he many times was invisible and certainly not as affective as some want to make out.

Our game plan got us 97 points and only just pipped by the supposed best Prem team ever - it also won us the CL , the game plan is not to hoof it up to the front three in any way shape or form. Last Saturday was all about winning , the early goal changed the mentality and Bobbys lack of touch and fitness was a big reason why we didn’t create as much. Just look at the squad and it’s players Klopp wants - he isn’t going to bring in another midfielder and I reckon he has shown he knows what he is doing.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:14 pm

That lad Mannure have snapped looks pretty good. I think he would have propelled into a very good player under Klopp. He has got the attributes that Klopp likes.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:44 pm

redshade » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:14 pm wrote:That lad Mannure have snapped looks pretty good. I think he would have propelled into a very good player under Klopp. He has got the attributes that Klopp likes.

The guy from Swansea ? Nah way overrated - he is quick yep but Wilson is better and had a better season and he isn’t good enough
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:55 pm

We will need two full backs. No way Clyne will be staying here
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:58 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:55 pm wrote:We will need two full backs. No way Clyne will be staying here

With Milner and Gomez around that gives us 4 fullbacks - hence why Clyne was allowed to go in the first place. So just one fullback comes in for me
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:46 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:13 pm wrote:

Henderson
Gini
Fabinho
Milner
Keita
Ox
Lallana
Shaqiri

Mo
Mane
Bobby
Origi
Brewster

I disagree, imo we need a creative player in the middle of the park who can open teams up. It's easy to forget now but there were times last season where our only gameplan was to hoof the ball up and hope our front players could get onto it, it was our gameplan last Saturday in fact. To take that next step as a team we need to improve our goal scoring/creativity from midfield.

Of course you disagree - you have said our midfield isn’t good enough all season yet the results show how wrong you are and will continue to be so, you still hark back to the days of Coutinho as if he was some sort of Messi - he wasn’t and he many times was invisible and certainly not as affective as some want to make out.

Our game plan got us 97 points and only just pipped by the supposed best Prem team ever - it also won us the CL , the game plan is not to hoof it up to the front three in any way shape or form. Last Saturday was all about winning , the early goal changed the mentality and Bobbys lack of touch and fitness was a big reason why we didn’t create as much. Just look at the squad and it’s players Klopp wants - he isn’t going to bring in another midfielder and I reckon he has shown he knows what he is doing.

Results speak loudest but point still stands ,Our MF isn't creative enough that's a fact ,Our reliance on the front 3 is just insane and isn't sustainable...Having said that this is why Keita was signed...If he can give us 70% of his potential we have got this covered as well..If their is a deal to be made sure go for it i don't see why not.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:02 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:13 pm wrote:

Henderson
Gini
Fabinho
Milner
Keita
Ox
Lallana
Shaqiri

Mo
Mane
Bobby
Origi
Brewster

That 97 points could have easily been a total in the low 80's, a lot went our way last season, City blasting a late pen over the bar, Origi's last minute winner against Everton, Spurs's last minute own goal at Anfield, that late pen we got against Fulham, Origi's header that went in off the defenders head against Newcastle etc etc, all in games where we didn't play particularly well.
There was also that other period where we blew the big lead we had over City, we played West Ham, Leicester and a United side with 2 kids in the middle of the park and 2 players who couldn't run yet couldn't create ***** all.
No ones disputing we had a great season but we are nowhere near the finished article, as I said we need more creativity in the team and more goals from midfield. As Only Me says we are too reliant on our front 3, we were also lucky in the sense that we kept them fit for most of the season whilst City were without their best player (KDB) for large swathes of the campaign.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:13 pm

It' simple really, City pipped us by 1 point and will boost their squad- so if we want to maintain a sustained challenge we need to bolster our starting 11 with one top drawer signing each summer at least.

As yakka pointed out we are over reliant on our front three and therefore we need an AM who can score 10+ goals a season - Also a Pepe type player as a rotation with the front three is vital. If one of the three had been out for a couple of months we would have finished 10 pts+ behind City IMO.
Last edited by electrum on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:17 pm

Ffs you really a depressing bugger - doesn’t matter what it “could” have been - it is what it was - we got 97 points

No team can be perfect , we dropped points , we gained points and we just got pipped. We could have been more creative but let in more goals and dropped more points.

Yes we won when we didn’t play great at times - name me a team that hasn’t , City didn’t cruise every single game - they struggled at times and only won a couple of games by a millimetre or a wonder lucky goal from a CB.

We were lucky because City had one player injured ?! Is that the reason why we went so close - f*ck all credit to the manager and a midfield that shoved your words down your throat - you spent all year slagging of the midfield yet they were superb and did their job

Our best league points total ever - lost once , CL winners and you go on about us being lucky and we could have lost this and that

It’s almost if you are gutted we did well so that you could bring out the “ i told you so” and to start dribbling on about the snidey ***** Coutinho - it’s sad that you still harp back to days of Rafa and Rodgers.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:20 pm

electrum » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:13 pm wrote:It' simples really, City pipped us by 1 point and will boost their squad- so if we want to maintain a sustained challenge we need to bolster our starting 11 with one top drawer signing each summer at least.

As yakka pointed out we are over reliant on our front three and therefore we need an AM who can score 10+ goals a season - Also a Pepe type player as a rotation with the front three is vital. If one of the three had been out for a couple of months we would have finished 10 pts+ behind City IMO.

We are not going to go out and buy at AM - Klopp has Ox , Keita and Shaqiri to fill that role and on the pitch Firmino plays it a lot

Again all these “ifs” - it doesn’t matter who scores the goals as long as the goals get scored and the points get on the board.

Klopp will bring in players in the summer and once again those players will be questioned and once again he will show that he knows what he is doing
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:45 pm

I agree with Lallana, in fact I've been saying it for a while, we probably won't be singing an attacking midfielder, or any kind of midfielder, we just have too many players in mf. Hopefully Ox will hit form and Keita will finally start performing, and we'll forget all about it.

I expect we'll buy one good attacker for rotation, that can play on all 3 positions, or at least on both wings. Pepe would be nice, hope we get him. Also one fullback for cover, we'll probably get some incognito LB, Milner will cover for RB.

So unless we sell, say, Lovren or Mignolet, I expect we'll sign only 2 players for the positions mentioned above.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:30 pm

I think we will try to sign an AM or we'll switch permentely to a 4-2-3-1 and play Firmino behind Mane, Salah and someone else we buy - possibly Pepe by the sounds of it.

It's well known we nearly signed Fekir last year. For those that think we won't be trying to sign a creative player this summer, why do you think Klopp has changed his mind?
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill