Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Red Rum » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:59 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:16 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:03 pm wrote:I'm not panicking at all as we haven't got our cheque book out yet, but this season we looked so flat and devoid of creativity in midfield it SLAPS you in the face! If Klopp doesn't see this and address the issue, then we are doomed to finish second or worse next season as I don't think we will get more than 90 points.

theres too much defending in our midfield , with only the OX willing to be more attacking.

Maybe we should go back in for Fekir.



How did it manage to get 97 points last season and won the CL ?

To suggest it’s devoid of creativity allows you to continue to show your complete lack of any sort of knowledge.

OK... Give me the names of our creative midfielders!?
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:22 pm

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:55 am

Red Rum » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:59 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:16 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:03 pm wrote:I'm not panicking at all as we haven't got our cheque book out yet, but this season we looked so flat and devoid of creativity in midfield it SLAPS you in the face! If Klopp doesn't see this and address the issue, then we are doomed to finish second or worse next season as I don't think we will get more than 90 points.

theres too much defending in our midfield , with only the OX willing to be more attacking.

Maybe we should go back in for Fekir.



How did it manage to get 97 points last season and won the CL ?

To suggest it’s devoid of creativity allows you to continue to show your complete lack of any sort of knowledge.

OK... Give me the names of our creative midfielders!?


Every single midfielder we have created chances last year and had assists to their name , crosses , through balls , cut backs , free kicks
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Advanced Member
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:01 am

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:18 am

You know what... feck all of you arguing...

I'm gonna vote for Coutinho coming back. He will be a useful addition to the squad and create strength in depth... but only if the fees are reasonable  :D
Image
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 8184
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:39 pm

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:40 am

maguskwt » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:18 am wrote:You know what... feck all of you arguing...

I'm gonna vote for Coutinho coming back. He will be a useful addition to the squad and create strength in depth... but only if the fees are reasonable  :D


I think we'll be after someone who can break from midfield and create and score but don't think there is any chance of it being Coutinho. Fekir for £20-30mi or someone like Bruno Fernandes who is a goal scoring threat from midfield.

I think people are panicking because normally by mid June you would have some pretty solid links to real targets but there is nothing so far. But I think that's just a consequence of how we work nowadays. More often than not in the past few years targets only tend to be leaked to the UK press in the days before a deal is announced.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:51 pm

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:49 am

The people that are panicking are the ones that always do

Right now we have - Euro Qualifying going on , players on holiday , the Copa America and the ACN starting

And people should have learned from the last couple of seasons that we do our business quietly and effectively irrelevant of any rumours. It’s time people trusted the manager and the club more
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Advanced Member
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:01 am

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:52 am

We gotta be realistic... this summer will not be about big spending and improving the squad drastically like past 2 seasons. This summer will be about fine tuning... careful consideration of where to strengthen. We have players like Gomez, AOC and Keita coming back. Klopp hasnt given up on them and would want to see how they contribute to the team once they are fully fit. All 3 of them have the potential to play a huge part. Gomez-VVD pairing is mouth watering. AOC when fit could become just what we need in the middle. And Keita when he capture his form form Shalke brings something that Henderson and Milner couldnt. If these 3 are fully fit, our squad isnt as weak as some people are making it out to be...
Image
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 8184
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:39 pm

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:14 pm

maguskwt » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:52 am wrote:We gotta be realistic... this summer will not be about big spending and improving the squad drastically like past 2 seasons. This summer will be about fine tuning... careful consideration of where to strengthen. We have players like Gomez, AOC and Keita coming back. Klopp hasnt given up on them and would want to see how they contribute to the team once they are fully fit. All 3 of them have the potential to play a huge part. Gomez-VVD pairing is mouth watering. AOC when fit could become just what we need in the middle. And Keita when he capture his form form Shalke brings something that Henderson and Milner couldnt. If these 3 are fully fit, our squad isnt as weak as some people are making it out to be...


Yep it's not about bringing in 3/4 players for the first team and a few squad players like we have done in the past. I think 3 signings overall is about right. We need an attacking player who is as close to the front 3 in terms of quality as possible. A creative midfielder. And a defender who can play at LB and probably also cover others positions. And if Migs does move on then someone to cover Alisson. So a more low profile window than last season.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:51 pm

Postby Red Rum » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:03 pm

No panicking here dudes. I'm only expecting two signings at most anyway. Hopefully Fekir, and some other dude.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:22 pm

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:04 pm

Red Rum » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:03 pm wrote:No panicking here dudes. I'm only expecting two signings at most anyway. Hopefully Fekir, and some other dude.


What position in what formation do you think Fekir will play ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Advanced Member
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:01 am

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:13 pm

Something that makes Fekir quite a good fit is that he has already shown in his career that he can play 3 different roles that we employ. First and foremast he would play as the 10 whether we play a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. And even though he is a different type of player to Mane and Salah, he can play as a wide forward. He has also played as a false 9 and has excellent pressing stats so would be a good alternative to Firmino.

You could look at the midfield options as per the below but I don't think it quite tells the whole picture. Firstly, we all know that Lallana's time at the club is coming to an end. He's on the best contract he will ever have so I wouldn't blame him if he decided to stay here until it expires next summer. But regardless of what he has said in the media, if a decent club came along offering him first team football and it made sense financially for both him and the club, he'd be off. Secondly, I don't think we will look to have three or four specialist attackers to cover Firmino, Mane and Salah the way we have in midfield. We will probably buy one who would be first change, but beyond that, I think if Fekir was at the club he would replace Firmino, Mane or Salah if they weren't playing, ahead of Shaq and Brewster. Finally, Milner is almost like a spare man who in addition to being able to play in midfield, can also cover both fullback roles. I don't see us buying both specialist LB and RB cover.

No one has any idea if we're still interested in Fekir but if the people at the club are comfortable with the financials and his knee, then he'd be an excellent fit and there is space for him here whether Lallana leaves this summer or next.

.....................6
                    Fabinho
                       Gini

......8                                10
     Keita                           Fekir
    Hendo                            Ox
    Milner                         Lallana
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:51 pm

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:35 pm

But then there is the knee injury and Klopp walking away from the transfer - that knee hasn’t got better and I suspect big clubs will avoid paying any more for him

There is a reason why no one is actually proactively bidding for him
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Advanced Member
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:01 am

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:47 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:35 pm wrote:But then there is the knee injury and Klopp walking away from the transfer - that knee hasn’t got better and I suspect big clubs will avoid paying any more for him

There is a reason why no one is actually proactively bidding for him


No one really knows all the detail behind the deal breaking down with us and if other clubs have tried to buy him since. As his then agent said (see below), there was more to it than his knee. The rumours at the time were that after we got a second opinion on the knee, we wanted to restructure both the transfer fee and Fekir's contract to give us some protection. While the latter wasn't a problem, the former was a no-go with Lyon. My gut feeling is that if the financials made sense, we'd still do the deal. And with him going into the final year of his contract, we'd probably pay a lot less than last summer.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... p-16094534
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:51 pm

Postby kazza » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:10 pm

Pig Catcher » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:47 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:35 pm wrote:But then there is the knee injury and Klopp walking away from the transfer - that knee hasn’t got better and I suspect big clubs will avoid paying any more for him

There is a reason why no one is actually proactively bidding for him


No one really knows all the detail behind the deal breaking down with us and if other clubs have tried to buy him since. As his then agent said (see below), there was more to it than his knee. The rumours at the time were that after we got a second opinion on the knee, we wanted to restructure both the transfer fee and Fekir's contract to give us some protection. While the latter wasn't a problem, the former was a no-go with Lyon. My gut feeling is that if the financials made sense, we'd still do the deal. And with him going into the final year of his contract, we'd probably pay a lot less than last summer.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... p-16094534

I think this is a likely option, good post
User avatar
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4460
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: Third rock from the sun

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:21 pm

Let me guess it’s the article from Fekirs agent.

Let’s be clear Klopp is a strong person , he has the say on the player

Are we really going to have another summer going on about the same player again only for the teddies to fly when he doesn’t sign ?

The club will not sign Fekir - it’s easier to realise that now instead of being disappointed later down the line.

And the issue was with the knee - simple as that , you can believe his agent or talk about finance etc but Liverpool walked away from him because of the knee
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Advanced Member
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:01 am

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:29 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:21 pm wrote:Let me guess it’s the article from Fekirs agent.

Let’s be clear Klopp is a strong person , he has the say on the player

Are we really going to have another summer going on about the same player again only for the teddies to fly when he doesn’t sign ?

The club will not sign Fekir - it’s easier to realise that now instead of being disappointed later down the line.

And the issue was with the knee - simple as that , you can believe his agent or talk about finance etc but Liverpool walked away from him because of the knee


Who said Klopp doesn't have the final say?

And we'll never know the full details of why the Fekir deal didn't happen last summer so you're not in a position to state the above as fact.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

  • Advertisement
Online Shop Builder Sell online and/or ePOS Till System sell in-store ShopTill-e provides you everything you need... With ShopTill-e you can sell everywhere it's a true Multichannel Retailing system!