After 29 LONG years, this is finally our season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Wed May 08, 2019 1:28 am

Common lads lets not spoil it enjoy there is meant to be a huge wankfest here..

No6 is coming home.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 12, 2019 6:44 pm

Not meant to be lads we will have to wait another year.

The ride has been one hell of a roller coaster.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 12, 2019 7:10 pm

Notched up more points than ANY man utd team has ever managed in premier league history. 

Hugely proud.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Sun May 12, 2019 11:40 pm

Im not sure we can we can win the league in the next 2/3 seasons., with this steam train that is Man City in the way, their financial muscle is frightening at times.

just getting to 90 points in a season takes a mammoth effort, and I hope Jurgens reign is not in vein.

We need more quality in Midfield.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Boocity » Mon May 13, 2019 4:40 am

Red Rum » Sun May 12, 2019 10:40 pm wrote:Im not sure we can we can win the league in the next 2/3 seasons., with this steam train that is Man City in the way, their financial muscle is frightening at times.

just getting to 90 points in a season takes a mammoth effort, and I hope Jurgens reign is not in vein.

They beat us by a point and your saying they are unstoppable, their focus will be more and more on the CL, its what their owners crave, we continue to invest wisely and take it to the next level next season
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 13, 2019 6:42 am

Man City were running scared all season and cracked in the CL. We'll win the league next season.

Pep is painfully aware that the spot light is shining on the CL and UEFA cup finals this month and Citeh are all at home walking the dog.

WE have had a better season than City even if we come away empty handed. We have set Europe alight, they know we are back.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Mon May 13, 2019 11:17 am

Boocity » Mon May 13, 2019 3:40 am wrote:
Red Rum » Sun May 12, 2019 10:40 pm wrote:Im not sure we can we can win the league in the next 2/3 seasons., with this steam train that is Man City in the way, their financial muscle is frightening at times.

They beat us by a point and your saying they are unstoppable, their focus will be more and more on the CL, its what their owners crave, we continue to invest wisely and take it to the next level next season

City lost four games though and still got 98 points, so relying on them to slip up is questionable next season.
can we achieve as many as 97 points next season and not slip up?

We need a faultless season it seems to lift the title.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 13, 2019 1:01 pm

How long do people honestly expect Pep to hang around? He has looked like he's been ready to crack this season. And the only reason he left his beloved Barca was because the pressure became too much for him.

Another season like this and he'll walk...mark my words.
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Mon May 13, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon May 13, 2019 1:01 pm

It was a pleasure to be a part of such a memorable campaign...….tinged with a bit of sadness that we didn't win it but proud that we as a club are doing it the right way..... listening to other clubs supporters,they were desperate for City to win because they can always say "it was the money that won the league"  …. Thankfully we have the European Cup waiting to be brought back home.... It will be nice to hear "We won it 6 times...In Espanyol , we won it 6 times"
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Mon May 13, 2019 1:06 pm

It was a pleasure to be a part of such a memorable campaign...….tinged with a bit of sadness that we didn't win it but proud that we as a club are doing it the right way..... listening to other clubs supporters,they were desperate for City to win because they can always say "it was the money that won the league"  …. Thankfully we have the European Cup waiting to be brought back home.... It will be nice to hear "We won it 6 times...In Espanyol , we won it 6 times"
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Red Rum » Mon May 13, 2019 1:32 pm

It's funny, but 97 points would have been enough to win the league in all but ONE of the last 26 years of the Premier league, so I'm gutted.

21 clean sheets, and conceded just 22 goals is great.

We need 2 stellar signings this summer to be stronger next season, a no 9 striker and a decent playmaker, that's it
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue May 14, 2019 9:19 am

I blame this stupid thread...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed May 15, 2019 7:09 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed May 15, 2019 6:06 pm

It’s one thing the fans behaving like complete and utter morons but frankly I would’ve expected a little bit better from the players. A tad sad really.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed May 15, 2019 11:42 pm

I do think that City will not be able to sustain the consistency they have shown in the past 2 seasons. It is unheard of. So if we can continue our excellence shown this season, we will win the league within the next 2 seasons. But we gotta keep continuing to improve the squad. I'm hoping players like keita and fab will impact with their quality from the beginning of next season. And players like Gomez , Ox  and lallana would have recovered from their long term injuries and be like new signings. Nevertheless we seem to need a quality cover for our front starting trio.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion