Newcastle vs Liverpool 04/05 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby electrum » Sat May 04, 2019 10:51 pm

Great result against a fired up Newcastle and their crowd.

Relief is the only feeling I had at the final whistle, now I'm optimistic that City will draw tomorrow - they must have been watching us and seeing us  win it late will have hurt them- The pressure is now ramped up to a different level on them- there is no road left if they don't win tomorrow.

All we have to do (hopefully) is believe and beat Wolves  :buttrock
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:43 pm

Was at the top of the runway in LHR watching the match updates on BBC. The cabin dolly told me to switch the phone to flight mode "immediately". This was with 8 mins of normal time remaining. I was a bag of nerves.
45 mins later, landing in Dublin I turned it back off. Relief was an understatement !!
Then I read Mo is likely out of the game Vs Barca, Bobby deffo out. Not looking good.
What a season..
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:45 am

Well, another classic match against Newcastle, great game for the neutrals but for us fans this is definitely not good for our health!

Origi to the rescue yet again! Wasn't it right after the Everton win back in December, with Origi's late goal, that City had their first defeat and we went to the top of the table? Hopefully something similar is about to happen!

Shaq is another who did ok when he came on. No idea why Sturridge is starting games though, played OK for most of the match but he missed way too many chances and is obviously way past it. Both Origi and Shaqiri deserve to start games more than him.

Lovren showing us why he shouldn't be playing for us. As I say after most games he playes, I hope this is his last start for us.

We could have done without that Salah injury though. First Bobby and now Salah, without them we have no chance against Barca on Tuesday. If City drop points on Monday though, I would play the under 17s vs Barca.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun May 05, 2019 1:18 am

Didn't catch the game but yet another late winner against Newcastle...Origi is now into Collymore and Fowler territory of Liverpool folklore. Will need to catch the game later

One observation, and I know it's easy to say behind my PC but why is Salah keep crying when leaving the field? Imagine if he were to put a thumbs up while being stretchered off, it would calmed a lot of nerves for both fans and players alike. Again I'm not sure if this is fair on him but it's just my observation. Me think he need to grow a bigger cojones rather than appeared soft because opponents will look at this as a weakness. What do you think?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun May 05, 2019 4:12 am

We're all different mate, I'm pretty sure it's an emotional trigger not pain etc..

Good win for the reds, well done Divock, you continue to totally confuse me. The new Sturridge.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun May 05, 2019 4:36 am

Yup defo an emotional trigger it goes to show how much he wants to play and help us to success.

Hoping he ain't to bad and will feature against Barca.

If Leicester get something off City I'd rest Salah and get him ready for Wolves.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sun May 05, 2019 4:46 am

Reg » Sun May 05, 2019 3:12 am wrote:We're all different mate, I'm pretty sure it's an emotional trigger not pain etc..

I don't think it's pain, more a disappointment than anything else...but still, these little signal would guaranteed him a rough treatment the next time we faced an Italian, Spanish, Portuguese team to nullify his skills and threat.

I'm sure he should be all right to face Barca...that is unless Brenda finished he job he so nearly accomplished 5 years back. Fingers and toes crossed
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun May 05, 2019 7:11 am

What an incredible season, hoping for a deserved miracle and not a bittersweet memory

Whatever happens , fabulous efforts from the mighty reds this season
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun May 05, 2019 9:26 am

Phew!

Gritty stuff.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun May 05, 2019 9:30 am

Reg » Sun May 05, 2019 3:12 am wrote:We're all different mate, I'm pretty sure it's an emotional trigger not pain etc..

Good win for the reds, well done Divock, you continue to totally confuse me. The new Sturridge.

:D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun May 05, 2019 12:19 pm

If he wanted to rest matip then I would have preferred Gomez, lovren just unsettled the defence.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 05, 2019 10:48 pm

What a game  :laugh: 

Missing Bobby hurt us along with Lovren starting. Sad that Bobby's season is over but hope that Lovrens career is finished with us. Mo is gone as well and without them we have no chance of going through over Barca  :down: .

Its been a hell of a season in fairness and we should be mighty proud of what we have achieved so hopefully we wont fall at the last hurdle and take 3 points off Wolves.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games