BARCELONA V's LFC, CL SEMI FINAL 1st May

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 04, 2019 1:05 pm

Barcelona v Liverpool and the strange eleven.I can only speak for myself but when the team was announced I was deflated ,a clearly inept and unfit Gomez thrown in at FB while a more familiar one that suits our shape and supports the attack from the flanks was left on the bench and then to exasperate further Wijnaldum bizarrely pushed up front.

So when Keita was injured and withdrawn I was expecting Gini to drop back into a more familiar role and a forward brought on ,how wrong I was when we paired Henderson with Milner throwing together our least mobile and less inventive pairing available to us whilst leaving the ideal midfielder to pair with Henderson floundering up front.

I mean did anyone else notice how goosed Milner looked after barely 30 mins on the pitch ,did anyone notice how given his clear struggle with movement he was still tasked with pushing forward while Henderson was asked to sit deep.

This was a massive game full to the brim of expectation of what could be and one that simply didn't need the changes.

I love the manager to bitz and what he's done for this teams transformation is nothing short of magnificent ,but I say it like I see it, and needless changes and his aversion to omitting Milner in important games such as this when he's clearly out of his depth and visibly struggling at this stage of the season is becoming a real bug bear for me.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sat May 04, 2019 1:20 pm

it was very simple really. We had a good game at Nou Camp and played an even game which few teams do there.
The difference was that when Barca was on the front foot they capitalized and scored, when we had our periods in the game we spurned those chances.
It was just the quality of finishers really. Just sucks that we were that ineffective.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games