Fulham v LIVERPOOL Sun 17th March 2.15pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:17 pm

Pig Catcher » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:45 pm wrote:Shout out to Matip who’s been great since he got a run in the side.

+1     :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:03 pm

Yeah Mo has been absolutely immense for us ever since he walked through the door (40 odd goals last season, 20 this season etc) but he definitely needs to start lifting his head up, there was one break yesterday where we had a 4 on 2 in our favour but instead of passing it Mo tried to take the 2 defenders on on his own. That's just fvcking crazy.
Imo the front 3 need to start linking up together much, much more, last season they played as a unit and they played without ego, someone needs to tell them any personal glory they think they will get from scoring a few more goals than their team mates will pale into insignificance compared to the glory of being part of our first title winning side in 30 years. Ian St.John is no less of a Liverpool legend than Roger Hunt, infact players who supply the ammunition for others to score like Kenny, John Barnes, Peter Beardsley and even Phil when he was here are often the ones more lauded by the fans.
Fans know the game, if a player has a 50/50 chance to score but passes up personal glory to give it to a team mate who has an 80% chance of scoring the fans recognise that, they recognise he is putting the good of the team, and the good of the club before his own personal glory. The fans look at those players and think 'he is one of us'.
This club is lucky enough to have a lot of legends but there is a special place for those clearly put the interests of the club above their own, that's why the likes of Shanks, Bob, Joe, Billy Liddell and Kenny etc etc will never be forgotten.
Milner and Virgil both trying to accept blame for yesterday's ***** up is what we want to see, players going out of their way to make life easier for their team mates.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:04 pm

Dare I say it... If RM are willing to offer £150M for him on the summer, would you take it??
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby laza » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:06 pm

3 Away points despite not being our best performance

Citeh still in the FA Cup , more game they have to play the better

And added bonus the MANCs got knocked out

Cracking weekend
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:08 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:04 pm wrote:Dare I say it... If RM are willing to offer £150M for him on the summer, would you take it??

No, I want to keep our best players, you become successful in this game when you master the art of keeping your best players and selling your average ones, the midfield needs a massive overhaul, that should be our priority in the summer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:35 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:04 pm wrote:Dare I say it... If RM are willing to offer £150M for him on the summer, would you take it??

No
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:23 pm

Why on earth would we want to get rid of a lad who has scored 64 times in 91 appearances ?. 

Make no mistake about it that we have a lot of work to do in the summer with signing new players and coping with the ones who leave and are out of contract. We need to sign at least 5 good players to cope with that and progress at the same time. You have to ask yourselves will we receive 150 for Mo and hand it over to another Club for a replacement ? The answer is no and people should be careful about what they wish for.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:28 pm

No. Now we stand and fight to the death, this squad has to achieve or it signals the end of another cycle.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:48 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:04 pm wrote:Dare I say it... If RM are willing to offer £150M for him on the summer, would you take it??

:no , surely he gotta be worth a hell of a lot more than the £142 million Barca paid for Coutinho ?

If they offered £200 million I'd deffo talk about it   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:54 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:03 pm wrote:Yeah Mo has been absolutely immense for us ever since he walked through the door (40 odd goals last season, 20 this season etc) but he definitely needs to start lifting his head up, there was one break yesterday where we had a 4 on 2 in our favour but instead of passing it Mo tried to take the 2 defenders on on his own. That's just fvcking crazy.
Imo the front 3 need to start linking up together much, much more, last season they played as a unit and they played without ego, someone needs to tell them any personal glory they think they will get from scoring a few more goals than their team mates will pale into insignificance compared to the glory of being part of our first title winning side in 30 years. Ian St.John is no less of a Liverpool legend than Roger Hunt, infact players who supply the ammunition for others to score like Kenny, John Barnes, Peter Beardsley and even Phil when he was here are often the ones more lauded by the fans.
Fans know the game, if a player has a 50/50 chance to score but passes up personal glory to give it to a team mate who has an 80% chance of scoring the fans recognise that, they recognise he is putting the good of the team, and the good of the club before his own personal glory. The fans look at those players and think 'he is one of us'.
This club is lucky enough to have a lot of legends but there is a special place for those clearly put the interests of the club above their own, that's why the likes of Shanks, Bob, Joe, Billy Liddell and Kenny etc etc will never be forgotten.
Milner and Virgil both trying to accept blame for yesterday's ***** up is what we want to see, players going out of their way to make life easier for their team mates.

Good post
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:18 am

Imo the front 3 need to start linking up together much, much more, last season they played as a unit and they played without ego, someone needs to tell them any personal glory they think they will get from scoring a few more goals than their team mates will pale into insignificance compared to the glory of being part of our first title winning side in 30 years

I tend to agree with that Yakka but read an interesting perspective from Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink who with particular regard to Firmino argues for more selfishness.

Clicky >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47606224

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:40 am

woof woof ! » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:48 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:04 pm wrote:Dare I say it... If RM are willing to offer £150M for him on the summer, would you take it??

:no , surely he gotta be worth a hell of a lot more than the £142 million Barca paid for Coutinho ?

If they offered £200 million I'd deffo talk about it   :D

At the end of the day FSG are running a business and everything has a price. I certainly think that teams have got the measure of Mo which clearly makes his life more difficult. A lack of creation from midfield this season hasn’t helped him to be as prolific as he was last year. That said the pressure on Mo makes Sadio’s job a little easier. Bobby for me hasn’t been at his best this season and that is another reason Mo has struggled of late.

The club are currently in a very good all round position and selling a key player will send out the wrong signals. I would like to see us keep Mo and concentrate on improving the midfield. Would City sell Aguero for £200m - NO NO AND NO !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:51 am

Ronaldo, Messi and Suarez have all evolved their play over the years to remain dominant, Mo has to do the same otherwise he's just a one trick pony.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:57 am

I would never Sell Salah he is ONE of our star players. He is going through a lil blip as far as scoring is concerned but I'm sure once he get one the ball will start rolling again. You could tell he is over doing it at times when he has way too much touches and loses the ball or when he tries to take on all the defence. I think he is desperate for a goal and I'm sure it will come soon.
Salah shooting as always been kind of weak even last season he used to score like a couple and miss a few sitters.

He had a lot more space i guess last season whereas this season he is heavily marked.

I think he needs to calm down and try to limit his touches and look for different options. Instead of going into no mans land and losing the ball.

Main thing is atm he is helping the team and Sadio is banging them in.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:05 pm

Anyone whoes bored like me

https://youtu.be/HytYYWCY-bs

Liverpool vs Ac milan legends Live
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games