Back 4 v's Midfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Doeboy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:49 pm

Issue with Keita is he seems to playing within himself somewhat imo. Maybe just wants to be a steady eddy and just use this season to fit in and not make any mistakes etc. This season he hasn't had a truly terrible game nor has he had an absolutely brilliant game imo. Next season, I'm expecting much more from him and want him to play him with freedom and go out there and express himself. Signs are there the talent is there but mentally I think at the moment he seems to playing with a touch of caution and just making sure he does a good job for the team first before really going out there and expressing himself.
Doeboy

Postby Red Rum » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:49 pm

We need the Ox back asap..even VVD has scored as many goals as any of our midfielders this season. It's not acceptable.  We need more goals from midfield players.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:57 pm

It's not just the fact that they don't score goals, you could live with that, especially if they were continually carving open defences with through balls. They don't though, offensively they contribute very, very little.
Our front 3 have a lot of responsibility heaped onto their shoulders, we expect them to do what 5 or 6 players do for City.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:39 pm

We can't keep relying on our front three all the time, the fuel tank will run dry.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:19 pm

To be fair we have been heavily linked with 4 young creative players from December onwards.

I mean we had a £60m bid turned down for Joao Felix and Benfica now want £100m for.. that's alot of money for a unproven teenager.

We tried hard for Sandro Tonali who looks fantastic for a 18 year old, but he's playing in Serie B. I think they wanted £60m for him which was once again alot of money and a risk.

Kai Havertz would have been our best gamble.. we were linked with him at the start of the year and he's gone on to be a real star this year in the bundesliga. Only problem is now is alot of big clubs have took noticed in his rise and his price has risen massively.

Nabil Fekir - he was the perfect Coutinho replacement.. I think if we win nothing the club will regret not making this signing.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:28 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:19 pm wrote:To be fair we have been heavily linked with 4 young creative players from December onwards.

I mean we had a £60m bid turned down for Joao Felix and Benfica now want £100m for.. that's alot of money for a unproven teenager.

We tried hard for Sandro Tonali who looks fantastic for a 18 year old, but he's playing in Serie B. I think they wanted £60m for him which was once again alot of money and a risk.

Kai Havertz would have been our best gamble.. we were linked with him at the start of the year and he's gone on to be a real star this year in the bundesliga. Only problem is now is alot of big clubs have took noticed in his rise and his price has risen massively.

Nabil Fekir - he was the perfect Coutinho replacement.. I think if we win nothing the club will regret not making this signing.

Never heard of any of them, so it's a punt by the club.

Maybe we should go back in for Fekir before another club snap him up.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion