west ham united v LIVERPOOL Mon 4th Feb 8.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby electrum » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:51 pm

Origi... What a joke..
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ethanr » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:52 pm

It's baffling how willing we were to finish the game just passing sideways and backwards. Absolutely terrible performance. I'm not sure what has changed in the team, but we haven't played with any amount of spark or confidence since we beat Arsenal. We've looked even worse after every game, so won't be surprised to see us lose the next.

It's clear that we didn't have the experience to win the title this year, and the race is effectively over after today. City will beat everton, and will lead us the rest of the way. We've shown we can't handle the pressure, and there's no way we will catch them once they fall behind. Their experience, depth and money are showing, and we just aren't ready to compete. Awful way to lose it, but the cracks have been showing constantly for weeks now, and we did nothing to correct them. I don't see us going far in the Champions League either at this point.

This season looks like it will end up being the most disappointing in years, considering the position we put ourselves in early in the year.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:53 pm

Tonight is the night we firmly bottled it and handed the advantage straight back to City.
This lot don't have the courage of their conviction. ***** poor again after a ***** poor performance against Leicester. Klopp's decision making is highly questionable now.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:53 pm

That performance is a joke. No plan b.

Declan Rice made Fabinho and Keita look bang average.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:54 pm

We need a favor from Chelsea.. The belief has gone from the team after this I reckon.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:55 pm

Never been so gutted about 2 draws
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:55 pm

We are definitely struggling. It all started when Lovren got injured and then VVD fell ill. Our defence and Midfield havent been the same ever since. We took joy in City losing to Newcastle but they have gained a point on us ever since. A loss and a win is better than 3 pts.

We need players like wijnaldum and Lovren to come back into the team and hopefully Ox can give us  abit of a boost. Schedule was actually kind to us but we didnt do too well in Jan up until now...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:55 pm

Another dreadful performance in an incredibly important game.

We are in all sorts of trouble now lads.

Klopp and the players need to dig In now, we have to find form in our next game. Play it as our cup final, all out attack I couldn’t care less whether we concede we need a win no matter what.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:57 pm

Fkin Bournemouth up next. They'll be licking their lips at the chance to bully us all over the pitch.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:59 pm

It's not the points we've lost that's worrying me, it's the performances what's worrying me. I don't get tonight at all.. we threw away the Leicester game and when we look for a response the next game we do the same thing again.

The defence is a problem and we are over protecting them and it's taking everything away from our attacks. That right hand side of Matip and Milner is like watching a turtle race.

It's like every year is a learning lesson for Klopp..

1st year - gengen pressing is good but the team get shattered by January.

2nd year - if you lose your best player in January you NEED to replace them..

3rd year - if half of your defence is injured buy backups in the January window, it's what it's there for.

I'm just ranting because I'm upset by the lack of fight tonight.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:00 pm

""Should Liverpool fail to win, they will have dropped more points in their last five Premier League matches than in their previous 20. ""

Wheels are coming off- over to Jurgen to sort this mess out.. Just win at all costs now- if we have to go back to blitzkrieg so be it. Nothing can be worse than this tepid, half hearted kind of performance...
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:00 pm

Once teams sit deep we look like we haven't got a clue how to break them down. What's more we look vulnerable on the break as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:03 pm

Virgil looks like a broken man in the interview here.. I thought this man would be a leader and future captain, and his confidence is draining before our very eyes.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:06 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:03 pm wrote:Virgil looks like a broken man in the interview here.. I thought this man would be a leader and future captain, and his confidence is draining before our very eyes.

He isn't 100%. It's clear as day he's not fit
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:08 pm

Yep VVD looks tired but not surprising after his illness

Can’t believe people saying the title has gone

Let’s get some perspective here ffs

Every team has a blip - City had their and lost games , we are still picking up points and still top of the table

Just got to dig in now and grind the form back
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games