Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby maguskwt » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:26 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:51 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:42 pm wrote:Nothing to worry about eh Benny? The title is in the bag.....

I don’t recall anyone saying that - just thought maybe some perspective is needed - you have been incredibly dismissive of the team

We haven’t been in this situation for a long time - and maybe it’s time to be a bit more positive, give a bit more credit

I think alot of supporters are very very anxious because in the last decade or so there was only one team that didnt win the league title after topping the league at christmas and thay team was liverpool. If we fail to win it again this season I think we maybe the only club to do that 2 times.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:13 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:24 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:59 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:54 pm wrote:Once again ,this club retains the proclivity to mystify by letting a golden opportunity  like the transfer window sail by whilst in dire need of defenders.I just cant believe that a RB wasn't brought in after Clyne was allowed to leave ,I mean its alright to say in hindsight we could have retained his services but the fact remains he was the only cover we had for Trent,that alone should have f*cking surely stalled his departure ??? 

So our much highlighted frailty at the back is now once again in question and gives hope to those fighting to pull us back,its just complete madness given the chance to fortify our charge for the title was there to grasp with the window and we strangely deemed playing midfielders out of position as the much better option.

It just f*cking tinpot   :angry:

Clyne wasn’t our only cover for RB

The only time he played was when

TAA , Gomez and Milner were out injured - that makes him 4th choice and Klopp let him go because he also appears to have faith in Camacho -  because they all offer more going forward and to provide the width from the full backs .

Defensively we are still alongside City the strongest in the league - the CB’s and the likes of Henderson and Fabinho are key to covering the full backs when they go forward.

Are you seriously for real ? Clyne was a f*cking RB you dolt ,so he's available to cover that slot whether he was afforded the game time or not . The long an tall and short of it is we've ***** UP letting him leave and not replacing him and until Trent returns we will have exposed a weakness in our game that I and the majority of long suffering Kopites thought the manager and the club had prioritized this season. I really don't see the need for your PR ***** and end of the rainbow guff,are you just depleted in the cranium stakes or just thrive off being argumentative ? I mean, we've all been here before Benny and it didn't work back then fella so give it a rest and for the love of all that is f*cking holy admit we're struggling eh ?

I don't understand why the Clyne situation has got people so worked up. People are just looking for a way to vent after dropping points in the last 2 games.

Yeah, the extra body wouldn't have done any harm, but him being here wouldn't have changed the results against Leicester and West Ham. He isn't going to help us break down stubborn defences. He's way down Klopp's pecking order.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:08 pm

Clyne would have helped but the main reason we are playing so bad is that practically the whole team bar Mane are out of sorts. You can carry one or two players who are out of form but not 9 or 10.
The only glimmer of hope is that this poor form actually stretches back 6 weeks to late December so you'd think given the cyclical nature of form that a good few of them will start to play well again soon. They can't play this bad forever.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:54 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:08 pm wrote:Clyne would have helped but the main reason we are playing so bad is that practically the whole team bar Mane are out of sorts. You can carry one or two players who are out of form but not 9 or 10.
The only glimmer of hope is that this poor form actually stretches back 6 weeks to late December so you'd think given the cyclical nature of form that a good few of them will start to play well again soon. They can't play this bad forever.

Christ you’re depressing

At the start of December we were two points behind City - now after such a horrific season ending form we are now 3 points ahead of City - perspective , reality - some people need a large f*cking dose of it

You would think the season was over
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:16 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:54 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:08 pm wrote:Clyne would have helped but the main reason we are playing so bad is that practically the whole team bar Mane are out of sorts. You can carry one or two players who are out of form but not 9 or 10.

Christ you’re depressing

At the start of December we were two points behind City - now after such a horrific season ending form we are now 3 points ahead of City - perspective , reality - some people need a large f*cking dose of it

we could and should have 7 points difference on them and due to poor performance its all but gone..We were given a chance and we didnt take it..is it over? of course not but surely we can't be happy the players and manager dropping the ball so miserably given this huge gift
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:46 pm

I'm sure towards the end of Dec we were 9 points clear at one stage.
Oh well shyte happens let us see how the weekend goes and our match vs the *****.

The reason why many are deflated is because we are competing against the best assembled team in the epl and having that added cushion just makes life easier. Beating the likes of Leicester and West Ham would have meant a draw vs the Mancs would be ok.

Anyhow i guarantee you guy Everton will do us a favour vs City :D.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:41 pm

redshade » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:46 pm wrote:I'm sure towards the end of Dec we were 9 points clear at one stage.
Oh well shyte happens let us see how the weekend goes and our match vs the *****.

The reason why many are deflated is because we are competing against the best assembled team in the epl and having that added cushion just makes life easier. Beating the likes of Leicester and West Ham would have meant a draw vs the Mancs would be ok.

Silva is struggling at Everton but one thing guaranteed to get him sacked is a win tonight. Evertonians would never forgive him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:49 pm

redshade » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:46 pm wrote:I'm sure towards the end of Dec we were 9 points clear at one stage.

Dafuq are you drinking mate?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:50 pm

Christ you’re depressing

Our season is not over but it's hanging by a thread
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:03 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:50 pm wrote:

Christ you’re depressing

Our season is not over but it's hanging by a thread

No it doesn’t - stop talking depressive nonsense
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:13 pm

well it kinda does..Both Spurs and City are on our tails playing positive relentless football while we are trying to pass the time while stealing a goal here and there..If they pass us they will not look back..

The team hasn't shown the passion of a PL winner...at least not of late..We have a chance but we cant afford to perform like this.
Last edited by only me on Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:41 pm

2-0, we are second. Fair dues to City, to beat Arsenal at home and then to go to Goodison 3 days later and beat Everton takes a bit of doing, especially when the pressure is on.
We've got to respond the weekend, no if's or buts.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:26 am

Yup we must respond and give City a fight to the finish.

Watched a bit of the Everton game tbf they played ok and did try to give it their all.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:23 am

This thread no longer appears to be Rumour of the Day
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:08 pm

Unfortunately this one isn't a rumour, Gordon Banks has passed away aged 81. He probably had more standing ovations from the Kop than any other non Liverpool player in history. Back in the day Leicester were famous for being our bogey team, they had a fella called Stringfellow who would score with their only shot of the game and then Gordon Banks would do the rest.
When he called it a day he got a great reception here again. One of the true greats of the game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill