Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:12 pm

Reg » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:21 am wrote:I love Coutinho,

Christ sake Reg !

Do the 2 Dutch guys know ? !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:20 pm

I think our major signings this summer will be a CB, AM, and a forward. Beyond that we'll need someone who can cover at left back and probably cover for Alisson if Migs moves on.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:53 pm

Pig Catcher » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:20 pm wrote:I think our major signings this summer will be a CB, AM, and a forward. Beyond that we'll need someone who can cover at left back and probably cover for Alisson if Migs moves on.

Yeah but this is the rumour thread !

Any news on Reg, the 2 Dutch Boys and Coutinho ?

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:50 am

woof woof ! » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:53 pm wrote:
Pig Catcher » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:20 pm wrote:I think our major signings this summer will be a CB, AM, and a forward. Beyond that we'll need someone who can cover at left back and probably cover for Alisson if Migs moves on.

Yeah but this is the rumour thread !

Any news on Reg, the 2 Dutch Boys and Coutinho ?

:D

Better than the one about the Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:57 pm

Pig Catcher » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:20 pm wrote:I think our major signings this summer will be a CB, AM, and a forward. Beyond that we'll need someone who can cover at left back and probably cover for Alisson if Migs moves on.

I'm almost certain we won't sign a new CB, unless one of our current ones leaves for some reason (which I also doubt). But I'm also almost certain we'll sign a new forward. Even though we need one, I'm not sure if we'll sign a new (attacking) midfielder.

These are the sort of players I think we'll sign in the summer:

A new big money forward (possibly Timo Werner)
A new back-up full back (lb or rb)
(?) Another back up full back (question mark because Milner might be considered to serve as back-up for either flank)
(?) New back up goalie (if Mignolet leaves, which is likely)
(?) A new AM (we probably need one but I think we might not sign one)

Mind you, this isn't a wish list but more of a prediction.

We'll get rid of (also a prediction):
Moreno (out of contract)
Sturridge (out of contract)
Mignolet
Lallana
Origi

Finally, this is my predicted line-up for next season:

Alisson/New GK

TAA/Milner       Gomez/Matip               VVD/Lovren            Robertson/New LB

Fabinho/Hendo
                          Cahmberlain                 Gini/Keita

Salah/Shaqiri       Firmino/New CF         Sadio  Mane
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:00 pm

Klopp was in the Echo the other day saying we wont be spending big in the summer, he reckons it would be stupid as this group of players has a lot more developing to do.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:44 pm

I don’t think a CF will come in because he rates Brewster very highly but someone who plays in both wide areas possibly

For me I can see a full back arriving , a young CB ( the guy from Bristol City ) and he will look for a creative midfielder

But I don’t think we will see a “name” player - it doesn’t seem his style
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:30 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:00 pm wrote:Klopp was in the Echo the other day saying we wont be spending big in the summer, he reckons it would be stupid as this group of players has a lot more developing to do.

Personally I think its disappointing if he means that, If he just means that we won't be spending Van Dijk size fees on anyone then fair enough. I also take it that we wont be selling anyone of note either.

Maybe all these players walking out the door for free is beginning to take its toll. They all have sell on values that won't materialize which will in turn be recorded as losses that has to come from somewhere.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:42 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:00 pm wrote:Klopp was in the Echo the other day saying we wont be spending big in the summer, he reckons it would be stupid as this group of players has a lot more developing to do.

I agree, we have back up/cover in Defence, Shaqiri who can deputise for our front three, plus Studge.

Then in Midfield we have Keita and Fabinho who are yet to develop fully, plus also Wjnaldum, Lallana, Milner, Hendo and Oxlaide- Chamberlain to come back in. That's seven players for just three Midfield places.

I don't think Klopp will go out and buy a no 9 position, 20+ a season striker, as he is FIXATED with playing our front three in every single match.

The only one possible Stella signing we do need is that creative Midfield playmaker as the lack of creativity this season is shocking. , or maybe go back in for Fekir(if his 2018/19 season for Lyon is injury free, I'd risk it) .... All Other names on a postcard!! :wwww
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:50 pm

I think we’ll generate decent money again this summer with the likes of Mignolet, Chirivella, Lallana, Origi, Ejaria, Kent, Wilson, Awoniyi, and Clyne brining in £50mil upwards. I stick by my guess that we’ll bring 5 or 6 players in. Maybe something like this:

Timo Werner – fits the bill as a goal scorer who is quick and can play all across the front 3. One year left on his contract from this summer and has being making noises about trying something new so RB Leipzig are likely to cash in.

Nabil Fekir – He’ll have one year left on his contract from this summer and no sign he’s going to sign an extension. Lyon might be willing to cash in on him at lower price than last summer.

James Tarkowski – We have a good quartet of CBs but three of them have picked up regular injuries throughout their Liverpool careers. Tarkowski’s was rumoured as one of the CBs we were looking at last summer but we may well have other targets.

Lloyd Kelly – 20 year old left back who has made himself a regularly in the Bristol City side. Could develop into an able deputy/competition for Robertson.

Experienced sweeper keeper – Migs just isn’t right for our style of play and he’ll probably want to move to get game time.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:06 pm

Alot of rumours going around that we're trying to Hijack United's move for Dybala. I think United have made Griezmann there no1 target with Dybala as backup if that move fails.

I'd personally love Griezmann to come here... I've never really been sold on Dybala, he's one of them players that thinks he's better than what actually is.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:25 pm

Agree on Dybala, not overly sold on Werner either, reading what Jurgen said though I doubt we'll even be going for players of that ilk.
I want us to overhaul the midfield but Jurgen thinks there's more to come from the likes of Keita, he's probably right to be fair, Grujic has been earning rave reviews in Germany as well and he will be back next season, he will be like a new signing.
As others have mentioned Ox will be 100% fit by then too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:25 pm wrote:Agree on Dybala, not overly sold on Werner either, reading what Jurgen said though I doubt we'll even be going for players of that ilk.
I want us to overhaul the midfield but Jurgen thinks there's more to come from the likes of Keita, he's probably right to be fair, Grujic has been earning rave reviews in Germany as well and he will be back next season, he will be like a new signing.
As others have mentioned Ox will be 100% fit by then too.

With Grujic coming back and Ox 100% fit, it would be wise then just to focus on landing that creative midfielder we desperately need.

In my opinion, that's the only player we are missing.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:30 pm

We have got to sign back ups for certain players and most notably the front 3. We have been blessed this season in that none of them had an absence longer than 2 games.  The back ups we currently have are not good enough to step in when needed.

We have been in this position before where we are challenging right up to the death only to take steps sideways and backwards for the following season. Its vital that we continue to progress because if we don't we will start losing players.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill