Bournemouth vs Liverpool - Sat 8th Dec (12.30pm)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:52 pm

redshade » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:38 pm wrote:Yeah same here we had our CL ride last season and boy did i enjoy it. Not too concerned this season if we go through great if not then at least we can focus more on the league. Fringe players could be used for Europa.

dont understands this sentiment..we still have better chances winning the CL then EPL why give up? i want it all!!
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:33 pm

Amazing how results make a difference. Yesterday GD was +14 to City and today it is +8.

I want us to do well in CL but i could see us struggling if we hit the latter stages and are in a title race.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:59 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:19 pm wrote:Salah outstanding  :buttrock

Keita ? don't want to be to harsh on the fella but given our expectations he was almost invisible   :(

Overall a Commanding Team Performance, meanwhile hoping Chelsea can take something off Man "Opec" City tonight !

Keita was wasted on the left mate, should play more centrally.

Alisson, VVD and Salah were phenomenal.

Fabinho impressed
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:19 am

only me » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:52 pm wrote:
redshade » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:38 pm wrote:Yeah same here we had our CL ride last season and boy did i enjoy it. Not too concerned this season if we go through great if not then at least we can focus more on the league. Fringe players could be used for Europa.

dont understands this sentiment..we still have better chances winning the CL then EPL why give up? i want it all!!

Even City with their squad have found it difficult to win the prem and get to the latter stages of the CL. Trying to compete on two fronts takes a hell of a lot out of you. I'll be cheering us on on Tuesday but if we go out I won't be shedding any tears. I want that title.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:50 am

The title over everything.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:33 am

Wonder what it takes to make Mo smile these days? Hat trick today, I'd be jumping around like a lunatic of that was me...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:53 am

Absolutely brilliant win  :buttrock Good performance from start to finish  :nod Another clean sheet and Salah hits a hattrick  :bowdown To top it all off City lose 2.0  :buttrock

+1 for the League above all  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:27 am

redshade » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:33 am wrote:Amazing how results make a difference. Yesterday GD was +14 to City and today it is +8.

I want us to do well in CL but i could see us struggling if we hit the latter stages and are in a title race.

Like others , title above everything though I prefer we get through CL group and stay out of the Europa league

Onwards and upwards
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:54 am

bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:33 am wrote:Wonder what it takes to make Mo smile these days? Hat trick today, I'd be jumping around like a lunatic of that was me...

Seriously, he's a changed man from last season, has he developed a mental problem. In 2 years we might look back and say the symptoms were obvious.. so what's going on?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:56 am

laza » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:27 am wrote:
redshade » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:33 am wrote:Amazing how results make a difference. Yesterday GD was +14 to City and today it is +8.

Like others , title above everything though I prefer we get through CL group and stay out of the Europa league

Onwards and upwards

+1

Even if we field a weaker team in the Europa League, it is generally disruptive.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:41 am

Reg » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:54 am wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:33 am wrote:Wonder what it takes to make Mo smile these days? Hat trick today, I'd be jumping around like a lunatic of that was me...

Seriously, he's a changed man from last season, has he developed a mental problem. In 2 years we might look back and say the symptoms were obvious.. so what's going on?

Maybe his become more critical of himself due to last season strides. So he probably just wants to focus on scoring and thats it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:33 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:19 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:52 pm wrote:

Even City with their squad have found it difficult to win the prem and get to the latter stages of the CL. Trying to compete on two fronts takes a hell of a lot out of you. I'll be cheering us on on Tuesday but if we go out I won't be shedding any tears. I want that title.

What i'm saying is pretty simple...It's not as if we say/state/play as if the CL isn't important and get out it will dramatically increase our chances on winning the EPL..it won't...
So play hard on all fronts and whatever happens ,happens.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:51 am

Yakka half the time I haven’t got a clue what you are on about this season  :laugh:  Have you forgotten that we go into the fkg awful Europa League Thursday night debacle or are you suggesting that we just send out a z team and get thrashed in our first game ? You know as well as I do that the club and the majority of fans won’t accept that as an option. The Europa League is far more like to mess up our chances of winning the league than the CL. Perhaps you are hoping that Red Star beat PSG and we come bottom of the table which admittedly would be my preference if we don’t do enough to get through to the knock out stages.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:19 pm

devaney » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:51 am wrote:Yakka half the time I haven’t got a clue what you are on about this season  :laugh:  Have you forgotten that we go into the fkg awful Europa League Thursday night debacle or are you suggesting that we just send out a z team and get thrashed in our first game ? You know as well as I do that the club and the majority of fans won’t accept that as an option. The Europa League is far more like to mess up our chances of winning the league than the CL. Perhaps you are hoping that Red Star beat PSG and we come bottom of the table which admittedly would be my preference if we don’t do enough to get through to the knock out stages.

Sending out a z team is exactly what I'd do, I wouldn't give a *****.
I don't think we have the squad to genuinely compete on both fronts, in the premier league era the only English side to win the title and the CL in the same season are United, it's an extremely difficult thing to do, even City and Chelsea with all their riches and open chequebooks have never managed to do it.
We haven't won the title in 30 years and it's still going to take a minor miracle to do it this year, trying to add a 6th CL to that title is pushing it imo. We hit the wall physically last year trying to finish 4th and win the CL never mind the title and CL.
Given our start to the season I would 100% prioritise the league, I don't think we'll get a better chance than this, ironically I actually think City's main priority is the CL which may help us during the second half of the season.
As I said if we go out on Tuesday I won't be shedding any tears, it's the title I want, 30 years for a club of our stature and size is nigh on an embaressment.
Having history is one thing but our history is rapidly in danger of becoming ancient history, unless you are approaching 40 you won't have any real recollection of us winning the title, as I said for a club of our size that's ridiculous.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:00 pm

I think it naive Yakka to think we can ignore the revenue from a good CL run. We need to pay the wage bill, boost the transfer kitty and fund the new Annie Road. You’re a romantic son, you know all clubs need the tv limelight of the CL to sustain the brand image as well as act as a hedge against failure to win the league.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games