LIVERPOOL v Bournemouth Sat 7th Mar 12.30pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:40 am

Important that we grinded out a result and won. Milly's clearance was extraordinary and that Mane shot had it gone in, possible goal of the season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:22 am

red till i die!! » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:20 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:00 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:06 pm wrote:Tough match, but it's 3 points. City now play 3 league games...which means we can technically win the league without kicking another ball, if City lose their next 3.  :oops:

There’s a decent chance they could drop points tomorrow at Old Trafford, derby games are tricky no matter what.
Seeing Spurs and Wolves both drop points today will undoubtedly give United extra motivation as well.

I hope City hammer them and all the better if it sets some new record!! 11 nil or something like that  :laugh:

Normally I’d agree with you mate but I just want this title done and dusted, at this point I couldn’t care less what any of our rivals are doing, I’m only concerned about us.
Get this title out of the way and that 30 year clock that has been ticking away for the past 3 decades gets reset to zero. This thing has been hanging over the players and managers of this club like the proverbial sword of Damocles for a third of a century. Id prefer to just get it over the line and worry about the peripheral stuff later.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:01 pm

Lads that was pretty awful last night, the lads are exhausted. Fabinho is a fish out of water standing 10 yards in front of the ball when we're in possession and not marking a man or competing for possession when Bournemouth had the ball. Badly missed Hendo again, the midfield was hollow.

Klopp has some big thinking to do if we're to be a top contender again next season, we need to beef up the midfield and front 3 and we also need a cover for TAA and Robbo. We'll win the league this season but to do it again we need to seriously beef up the squad.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tommy Smith » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:08 pm

It was a lucky win but above all won the 3 points, it was a disjointed awful performance, if was it for Mane who has made one goal and scored the another, probably we could have dropped two points!.

I just don't understand Klopp thinking sometimes, it is very obvious those useless pair of Firmino & Salah are not performing at all, why does select them!! quite weird, they have kept giving possession of the ball dozen of times, although Salah scored a goal, however, he was very poor and as most of the times.

Tough game on Wednesday the lads needs to be on fire, otherwise, they are out of CL.  Good luck
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:21 pm

Reg » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:01 am wrote:Lads that was pretty awful last night, the lads are exhausted. Fabinho is a fish out of water standing 10 yards in front of the ball when we're in possession and not marking a man or competing for possession when Bournemouth had the ball. Badly missed Hendo again, the midfield was hollow.

Klopp has some big thinking to do if we're to be a top contender again next season, we need to beef up the midfield and front 3 and we also need a cover for TAA and Robbo. We'll win the league this season but to do it again we need to seriously beef up the squad.

We need creativity in the middle of the park but also players in the squad who can run at the opposition and hurt them. For years Henderson took stick for going sideways and backwards, now the whole team does it! If the front 3 aren’t at it we’ve got no penetration whatsoever.
Personally I’d sign that young German playmaker Havertz or whatever his name is and then I’d sign Adama Traore and that lad from Newcastle Saint Maximin. They’ve both got pace to burn and can go past a man like they are not there.
The keeper, defence and holding midfield positions are pretty much sorted, we’ve got decent cover there, the big drop off is in our forward line, when we have to go to our bench there’s a significant drop in quality. Our front 3 have been miss-firing for a while but they know they aren’t going to get dropped because we have no one who can replace them, even a half fit/ out of sorts Mo, Bobby and Sadio are better than anyone we’ve got on our bench.
It would be a different story if we could bring Traore and Saint-Maximin on. Minamino is neat and tidy but he’s not what I’d call an impact player or a game changer, not from what I’ve seen anyway. He doesn’t seem the type to take a game by the scruff of the neck.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:00 pm

105 points out of the last 110 and yet read what’s bejng said

Clearly people don’t understand the way Klopp plays and his tactics with suggestions of buy this and that
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:21 pm wrote:
Reg » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:01 am wrote:Lads that was pretty awful last night, the lads are exhausted. Fabinho is a fish out of water standing 10 yards in front of the ball when we're in possession and not marking a man or competing for possession when Bournemouth had the ball. Badly missed Hendo again, the midfield was hollow.

We need creativity in the middle of the park but also players in the squad who can run at the opposition and hurt them. For years Henderson took stick for going sideways and backwards, now the whole team does it! If the front 3 aren’t at it we’ve got no penetration whatsoever.
Personally I’d sign that young German playmaker Havertz or whatever his name is and then I’d sign Adama Traore and that lad from Newcastle Saint Maximin. They’ve both got pace to burn and can go past a man like they are not there.
The keeper, defence and holding midfield positions are pretty much sorted, we’ve got decent cover there, the big drop off is in our forward line, when we have to go to our bench there’s a significant drop in quality. Our front 3 have been miss-firing for a while but they know they aren’t going to get dropped because we have no one who can replace them, even a half fit/ out of sorts Mo, Bobby and Sadio are better than anyone we’ve got on our bench.
It would be a different story if we could bring Traore and Saint-Maximin on. Minamino is neat and tidy but he’s not what I’d call an impact player or a game changer, not from what I’ve seen anyway. He doesn’t seem the type to take a game by the scruff of the neck.

I agree with pretty much everything said above .. though Fabinho's form is the issue, not his quality.

We need to be more flexible and adaptable than we are , a LOT more. If we think the opposition are not figuring us out look at last years games v this year. We played a lot more expansively then and were better to watch by a  fair margin. We have become "efficient" and gotten brilliant at it but we have been nicking games and winning a few that could have been draws and no-one could have complained.

Next season we need players with speed, skill and trickery as well as physicality and efficiency. It's all part of progressing and not letting the other teams have one method of play to work out.

Also , our front three have played a ridiculous number of games and doing it three years in a row will be a bridge too far in all likelihood. A long layoff for any of Mo. Bobby and Mane and we have a battle on for top four IMO.

Add Traore and Werner as a minimum for me, Havertz wouldn't be too shabby either. :grinning:
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:55 pm

Why on Earth is Traore going to leave Wolves to sit on our bench ? And Havertz is not going to come as well - it was the same in the summer - buy this player and that player or we will struggle etc etc - when will people stop with the nonsense and trust Klopp
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:04 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:55 pm wrote:Why on Earth is Traore going to leave Wolves to sit on our bench ? And Havertz is not going to come as well - it was the same in the summer - buy this player and that player or we will struggle etc etc - when will people stop with the nonsense and trust Klopp

This is a DISCUSSION forum. Look it up in a dictionary.

Trust Klopp and don't say a word or discuss anything about the team and potential areas to strengthen -is that your position? It sure seems like it.

Grow up lad.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:17 pm

electrum » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:04 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:55 pm wrote:Why on Earth is Traore going to leave Wolves to sit on our bench ? And Havertz is not going to come as well - it was the same in the summer - buy this player and that player or we will struggle etc etc - when will people stop with the nonsense and trust Klopp

Trust Klopp and don't say a word or discuss anything about the team and potential areas to strengthen -is that your position? It sure seems like it.

Grow up lad.

Yes Trust Klopp - did it in the summer when everyone was throwing their toys about because he didn’t buy who they wanted to see

The club isn’t going to buy Traore or Havertz but they problem comes when people start to stamp their feet because player they want don’t arrive. Plenty of things to discuss but it’s beyond laughable that people get so negative about a team that has won 105 points from the past 110.

So I’ll ask again - why is the club going to spend £80mil plus on a player that doesn’t suit the system Klopp plays ? Is Klopp going to change his system ? Why is the club going to spend £60mil on a player who will sit on the bench ?

Origi will prob leave and Klopp will prob replace him - Werner is the hot favourite other than that I don’t expect any major business in the summer once again
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:46 pm

Learn to read Benny before you start jumping down people’s throats for having the temerity to offer an opinion on football.
In my post I said what I’d do personally, not what I think Klopp will do. It’s not a capital crime to talk about footy you know.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:46 pm wrote:Learn to read Benny before you start jumping down people’s throats for having the temerity to offer an opinion on football.
In my post I said what I’d do personally, not what I think Klopp will do. It’s not a capital crime to talk about footy you know.

So do you think what you will do will improve on the record of Klopp ? You were the same in the summer - throwing toys about because we didn’t spend money , you regulary question Klopp on his choices and tactics - 105 points from 110 , no manager in the past 30 years has got close to the level Klopp has got the team. You keep going on about creativity from the middle without understanding the way the team plays and how Klopp tactics work - thought the penny might have dropped this season but maybe next year.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:21 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:17 pm wrote:
electrum » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:04 pm wrote:

Grow up lad.

Yes Trust Klopp - did it in the summer when everyone was throwing their toys about because he didn’t buy who they wanted to see

The club isn’t going to buy Traore or Havertz but they problem comes when people start to stamp their feet because player they want don’t arrive. Plenty of things to discuss but it’s beyond laughable that people get so negative about a team that has won 105 points from the past 110.

So I’ll ask again - why is the club going to spend £80mil plus on a player that doesn’t suit the system Klopp plays ? Is Klopp going to change his system ? Why is the club going to spend £60mil on a player who will sit on the bench ?

Origi will prob leave and Klopp will prob replace him - Werner is the hot favourite other than that I don’t expect any major business in the summer once again

Ok Mr Pyjamas, you have stated your position is " Trust in Klopp" (which we all do by the way) So why are you bothering to log in?

Everybody has an opinion as to who they would like to see in the shirt, even line ups and tactics. According to you no-one is allowed this so why don't you just stop reading the posts and set up a one page " Trust in Klopp " or I will jump down your throat because I don't understand how to discuss anything " site for yourself?

Also, where was there any negativity in what Reg. Yakka and I posted above about the need to improve our squad? Are you deluded enough to believe that adding just one player in the summer will see us win it again?

We need a proper back up for left back. Lallana will be gone, Shaqiri and Lovren in all likelihood as well. Milner will be 34/35.
All our rivals will be looking to strengthen big time to push us closer next season.We have no proven backup for ANY of the front three

You must have the most rose tinted spectacles ever if you think one player is all we need next season...
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby electrum » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:27 pm

BREAKING NEWS :

The scum have just beaten City 2-0

Two more wins and football will have well and truly come home!

I'm planning on getting to Liverpool from S Africa for the parade !!
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:34 pm

Read what Reg said - Klopp needs to do some big thinking if we are to be a top contender next season - FFS why the hell does he need to do anything to dramatic compared to the last two seasons ?! 

Deluded ? Why the f*ck would I be deluded to think that this squad right now can go on and win again next season when it’s quite clearly one of the best we have seen over the past 30 years ?!

Have you not learned anything from the way Klopp works ? A couple may leave but he will continue to put faith into his youngsters - players like Williams and Hoever will step through - then players like Jones and Elliott higher up the pitch

He will I suspect buy someone around the £40-50 mil range and then some more youngsters - may get a young GK in as well.

Klopp works with small squads - whats this “proven” back up - are you expecting him to suddenly change his methods and spends millions on people to sit on the bench ? He has already picked up Minamino to play in the front three - and will bring in one if Origi goes.

Klopp is not going to be spending money on players like Traore , Havertz etc - just not going to happen
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games