bournemouth v LIVERPOOL Sat 11 Mar 12.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:17 pm

Our away form has been pathetic this season to say the least, only 3 away matches won I think. We are a Jekyll and Hyde team, one match we beat a top team then another we lose to a side at the bottom.  Next 3 matches will define our chances for 4th imo, saying that I wouldn't be surprised if we get at least 7 points and then lose after against Leeds.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:42 pm

Still struggling to get my head round putting 7 past Utd last week and turning in a tame performance against the team sitting bottom today. Seem to be somewhat struggling to go away and match these teams further down the league for physicality and intensity at the moment. Last few seasons those teams couldn't rely on outworking us because we'd at the very least match them and if not out do them on that front. This year, doesn't seem to be the case.

Elliot was very good last week but away from home against these lower placed teams who rely on midfielders with physical/athletic attributes, he is too easy to take out the game imo. Midfield is obviously an issue for us at the moment but for the remainder of the season, think we need to think carefully about what combination we go with in these away games.

Still have trips to Leicester, Leeds, West Ham, Southampton....those last 3 teams currently in the relegation zone, who will no doubt be making it a dogfight and these are the games that worry me with the way we are playing at the moment. Even Brentford at home is a concern as they are another team who work their socks off and look to bully you.

Weird thing is we have City and Chelsea away and actually feel confident we'll win both those games as well as beating Arsenal and Spurs at home.
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:08 pm

That was as bad as it gets. Beaten to every ball and when we did have it lacked any sort of urgency to create something meaningful. We beat them 9.0 at the start of the season so they were always going to be up for this. After last week it's hard to take but you just knew there was a chance we would shyte ourselves and we did.

We have a few tough fixtures coming up and we will lose more points and ground on 4th. Can't believe im saying this but we just might need Manure to win the Europa.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:51 pm

So if mannure win Europa 5th place go into ucl qualifiers?

Next three fixtures we need at least 7 points to stay close, not going to be easy im afraid but staying that we do perform better against top epl sides.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:24 pm

redshade wrote:So if mannure win Europa 5th place go into ucl qualifiers?

Next three fixtures we need at least 7 points to stay close, not going to be easy im afraid but staying that we do perform better against top epl sides.

I was doing a bit of reading up on it there and apparently if Manure win it they would have to finish outside top 4.  Atm it's looking like 4th or bust.

Our game next weekend V Fulham is postponed so that's it till we go to City on the 1st of April. 3 days later its away to Chelsea and then we are at home to Arsenal. That's 3 really tough fixtures in the space of a week and I can't see us getting much from it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:59 am

red till i die!! » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:24 pm wrote:
redshade wrote:So if mannure win Europa 5th place go into ucl qualifiers?

I was doing a bit of reading up on it there and apparently if Manure win it they would have to finish outside top 4.  Atm it's looking like 4th or bust.

Our game next weekend V Fulham is postponed so that's it till we go to City on the 1st of April. 3 days later its away to Chelsea and then we are at home to Arsenal. That's 3 really tough fixtures in the space of a week and I can't see us getting much from it.

The weird thing is, you just know we will turn up against City, Chelsea and Arsenal. Don't be at all surprised if we pick up a good haul of points from those games. It's these away trips to these teams who look to sit back and bully you which is a big problem for me at the moment.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:12 am

Yup I wouldn't be surprised if we do well against them and then lose against Leeds after Arsenal,
It would be typical of us.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:50 pm

It has been a season with a problem in the team, no matter what players go out!!
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games