Newcastle v LIVERPOOL Sun 1st Oct 4.30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:04 am

Never thought we would run away with it but a draw is a disappointing result. We can have all the possession we want but we are doing nothing with it other than going sideways. Anything we create is either snatched at or falls to the wrong person. The failure again to land a proper striker is going to cost us throughout the whole season with Coutinho more than likely topping the charts again. Whats even more worrying is that he is outperforming the rest every week and has been doing it since the turn of the year so when he leaves we are fooked. Yesterday we had 68% of the possession and 2 shots on target while they had 4  :down: its all useless sideways stuff that fools no one.

Gomez was poor and should have been subbed but got a lot of unfair stick for having a bad game. He's young and hasn't played much but what do we expect when we play inexperienced players at this level. He did have a bad game but most of the stick should be aimed at others Like Sturridge, Wijnaldum and our Captain who lets not forget is a Sunderland lad but yet has the passion of a dead fish. Lovren and Matip again for the goal but I will at least Joel credit as he tried whereas the other waster just stood looking with his stupid mouth open.
Its the same old story with us and we will never go anywhere due to the amount of shyte we are carrying. Half of these players should have been chased out the door after Rodgers and imo they will cost another manager his job.
This international break has come at a good time for us so hopefully klopp can regroup now and sort out this mess because that's exactly what we are  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Do Lovren and Matip even communicate it's Sunday league errors every week and everyone can see it so why can't Klopp?

I don't blame Klopp for the mess as I think his tactics and pressing game is working to a degree.. stats wise we'll be at the top for most things. But the players are truly letting him down this year.

We need to work on the spine of the team next year.. a new confident GK, a new CB, a new CDM and a new striker. We have Keita coming and I'm sure we'll get VVD in jan, so that will leave us just needing a Striker, goalkeeper and a proper CDM .. I'm sure we can achieve that with the Coutinho money because there is no way in hell that kid is gonna be staying.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:26 pm

It was a terrible goal to concede. They could have pushed up and Joselu would have been offside. Or one of them could simply got tight on Joselu as he has no real pace and simply cut out the danger. Both switched off and it was the kind of goal you see on a school playground. Yes the ball from Shelvey was very good but Joselu must have thought xmas had come early with him  standing completely free between 2 defenders with loads of space to run into.

Funnily enough, I've seen VVD switch off for Southampton quite a few times like Matip and Lovren did over the weekend. I'm not fully convinced he is the answer to be honest, although he is a good premier league defender. I'd prefer someone who reads the game better and partner him with Matip. Question is, who is out there
Doeboy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:30 pm

The ball Shelvey delivered Ive seen Alonso pick out the exact same ball many times in the red of Liverpool , Gerrard at times could replicate this too,class players realise  the usefulness of a defense  splitting pass. I suppose what I'm getting at is, you simply don't afford players with these capabilities the time and space we gifted Shelvey  ???
How he was blessed with the time to pick out such a ball without any of our midfielders closing him down is no mystery, we have no midfielders who couldn't even be loosely described as combative,we have no midfielders who have the nous to drop back whilst our FB's are the opposite end of the pitch and most importantly of all we have no players albeit from Coutinho  Firmino or Can willing to even attempt pushing through a pass like the one Shelvey opted for.

The simple truth is our midfield is at odds with our attack and since Salah joined the laziness of our middle has become apparent in opting for the long ball over the top for Salah,Henderson seems to be the worst culprit here.

We need to get back to the front three probing defenses with thoughtful football with at least one midfielder pressing forward supporting the attack, what we don't need is players using the long ball over the top for Salah to run on to with annoying repetition.

Newcastle defended well,but in all truthfulness they never broke sweat they  weren't chasing shadows with our attack they simply won the second ball and swarmed around the only source of danger 'Coutinho' and the continual balls over the top to Salah played right into their hands.

I think whenever a game is dominated by FB's whipping crosses in then it invariably leads to our most potent weapons being starved of the ball,I hate it when we play this way because the simple truth is we aren't very good at it.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:21 pm

Boocity » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:48 pm wrote:Our attack is just going through a bad patch at the moment. It will come good again soon. It's about confidence and the leaking of stupid goals is causing a negative effect through the whole team. If we hadn't conceded that goal we would probably have won 4 nil

This is right. I wrote something similar a few days ago, this is definitely the case.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:42 pm

Our utterly useless defence really is beginning to test the patience of a saint. Just what on earth was Lovren doing other than watching Joel work his ***** off trying to prevent a goal. The very least he could've done was get back on the line to try and block a shot. Surely it didn't take somebody of Einstein mentality to appreciate that we were in trouble.

As bad as the defence were it  doesn't know when your forwards are missing relatively easy chances !!

After all this misery I fully expect us to go out and thrash United  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:50 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:30 pm wrote:The ball Shelvey delivered Ive seen Alonso pick out the exact same ball many times in the red of Liverpool , Gerrard at times could replicate this too,class players realise  the usefulness of a defense  splitting pass. I suppose what I'm getting at is, you simply don't afford players with these capabilities the time and space we gifted Shelvey  ???
How he was blessed with the time to pick out such a ball without any of our midfielders closing him down is no mystery, we have no midfielders who couldn't even be loosely described as combative,we have no midfielders who have the nous to drop back whilst our FB's are the opposite end of the pitch and most importantly of all we have no players albeit from Coutinho  Firmino or Can willing to even attempt pushing through a pass like the one Shelvey opted for.

The simple truth is our midfield is at odds with our attack and since Salah joined the laziness of our middle has become apparent in opting for the long ball over the top for Salah,Henderson seems to be the worst culprit here.

We need to get back to the front three probing defenses with thoughtful football with at least one midfielder pressing forward supporting the attack, what we don't need is players using the long ball over the top for Salah to run on to with annoying repetition.

Newcastle defended well,but in all truthfulness they never broke sweat they  weren't chasing shadows with our attack they simply won the second ball and swarmed around the only source of danger 'Coutinho' and the continual balls over the top to Salah played right into their hands.

I think whenever a game is dominated by FB's whipping crosses in then it invariably leads to our most potent weapons being starved of the ball,I hate it when we play this way because the simple truth is we aren't very good at it.

Always liked Shelvey when he was on our team. Always thought he just needed more game time. He's not at Gerrard or Alonso level but he's definitely better than what we have in the middle at the moment.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:31 pm

maguskwt » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:50 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:30 pm wrote:The ball Shelvey delivered Ive seen Alonso pick out the exact same ball many times in the red of Liverpool , Gerrard at times could replicate this too,class players realise  the usefulness of a defense  splitting pass. I suppose what I'm getting at is, you simply don't afford players with these capabilities the time and space we gifted Shelvey  ???

Always liked Shelvey when he was on our team. Always thought he just needed more game time. He's not at Gerrard or Alonso level but he's definitely better than what we have in the middle at the moment.

Never liked the fella, his mental/character development was always 10 years behind his good footballing skill.
He would always because of his ability be a bit of a "star" in a middling team but never ever a leader, the fella has always played for his own headlines. Good he may be, unfortunately not as good as HE thinks he is.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games