Daniel Sturridge
Divock Origi U21
Danny Ings
Samed Yesil [Loan out] U21
Jack Dunn U21
Mario Balotelli [Loan out]
Jerome Sinclair U21
Luis Alberto [Loan out]

A lot of changes are needed if we are to improve our first xi and squad even.

I would sell Bogdan. Keep Mignolet as back up.
Enrique, Moreno, Caulker, Ilori, Hendo, Lallana, Allen, Benteke, Ballo.

I would bring Markovic back from loan he deserves a chance.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:43 am

In broad terms at least 30-40% of the senior squad isn't good enough, the academy coaches are pretty good at sifting through the youngsters so take them out of the equation.

So, getting rid of 30-40% needs to be done over 2 windows and the cash freed up needs to be spent on fewer, better players to replace Suazrez, SG and Carra, as I always bang on about. Players like Lucas and Skittle have performed miracles covering over the cracks but even they are in their last season at top level.   

We're back in that position of Rafa coming in with all his new buys, Rodgers etc... Kloppo needs to bring in 10 players over the next couple of windows to shape a new formation. As usual the fans have to grin and bear another transition.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:35 am

The key thing in all of this is exactly what Reg is saying.

KEY PLAYERS for KEY POSITIONS.

No more f**ing 20 or 21 year olds bulls**t.
No more overspending on f**king statistical 'moneyball' anomalies bulls**t.
No more f**king cheapies or free transfers bulls**t.

Klopp needs to be given money to spend on whoever the f**k he wants, it's that simple.

If we see another raft of overpriced kids come into the squad you all better take off the f**king blinders and start leaving the stadium in droves, enough is enough of this yank s**t.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby C-R » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:45 am

Sell or Release...

Simon Mignolet
Adam Bogdan
Jose Enrique
Kolo Toure
Alberto Moreno
Martin Skrtel
Jordan Henderson
Adam Lallana
Joe Allen
Jordon Ibe
Christian Benteke
Daniel Sturridge
Mario Balotelli

13 players there, how many were bought by Bodgers
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:34 am

The only one I'm bothered about keeping is Coutinho. Sturridge I would keep and I'd give Firmino more time. Clyne I quite like.

I am either losing patience or have lost patience with the rest.

Mignolet, Moreno, Lallana, Allen, Lovren and Can are all garbage and would be my first lot for the bin.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:36 pm

I'm starting to see real potential in Origi which suprises me alot as I was one of his biggest doubters. His first touch as improved, his possession play has gotten better and he's winning alot of ariel duels. He looks alot better than Benteke upfront at present and I think Klopp also sees this.

I'd keep at present..
Clyne
Hendo
Can
Coutinho
Sturridge
Firmino
Skrtel
Sakho
Gomez
Ings
Ibe
Origi
Lucas

I'd get shut of..
Allen
Toure
Lallana
Benteke
Moreno
Mignolet
Lovren
Bogdan
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:50 pm

eds » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:35 am wrote:The key thing in all of this is exactly what Reg is saying.

Klopp needs to be given money to spend on whoever the f**k he wants, it's that simple.

If we see another raft of overpriced kids come into the squad you all better take off the f**king blinders and start leaving the stadium in droves, enough is enough of this yank s**t.

Don't pussy foot around lad, tell us what you REALLY think  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:42 pm

I'm guessing something like this with the players in purple being loaned out.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (28.82 KiB) Viewed 3826 times
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:45 pm

eds » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:35 am wrote:The key thing in all of this is exactly what Reg is saying.

If you look through Klopp's career, his whole strategy has been around buying those "f**ing 20 or 21 year olds". Those are the players who he can mould into a cohesive high pressing team. Far harder to get buy in from guys in their mid or late 20s.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:26 pm

We've already had one big clear out under FSG back when Comoli was in charge, in fact Comoli got rid of that many players when Brendan first arrived there was barely enough senior pro's left to field a team. Somehow though we've ended up back at square one (i.e - a bloated squad full of average players).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:42 pm

Eagle » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:42 pm wrote:I'm guessing something like this with the players in purple being loaned out.

Nicely done mate.

I would keep Texiera and Smith.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:26 pm wrote:We've already had one big clear out under FSG back when Comoli was in charge, in fact Comoli got rid of that many players when Brendan first arrived there was barely enough senior pro's left to field a team. Somehow though we've ended up back at square one (i.e - a bloated squad full of average players).

It's what happens when you don't have a footballing structure above the manager. The nature of modern day football means the managers job is always under threat and each time we change the manager we need to make huge changes to the squad as non-footballing people are leading the change in manager.

Loads of English clubs have moved away from this structure in the past 5 years and now they have plenty of cohesion in squad composition from manager to manager. It really should be a case of tinkering with the squad when changing manager.
Eagle

Postby eds » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:58 pm

Eagle » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:45 pm wrote:

If you look through Klopp's career, his whole strategy has been around buying those "f**ing 20 or 21 year olds". Those are the players who he can mould into a cohesive high pressing team. Far harder to get buy in from guys in their mid or late 20s.

I think you don't actually understand what I am trying to say.

There is nothing wrong with buying 20 and 21 year olds to "mould into a cohesive high pressing team" but the reality is that you DO need experienced players above 25yo to help steady the ship while this is happening. The problem we have had is that we have lost players like Carragher, Agger, Reina, Gerrard and Suarez and not replaced them with any actual real leadership at the club. The fulcrum and spine of this club has been replaced with players either not good enough or players that are way too young. The mere fact that Henderson has the armband and most of you believe Lucas is the next captain epitmoises this.

I am really hoping that Klopp can replicate what he did at Dortmand with a team of youngsters but the Premier is much, much harder to win than the Bundesliga and I'm not convinced a group of kids will go close to winning it or even finishing 4th. The problem I mostly have is that if any of these kids come good, they will go the way of Suarez and Sterling. Coutinho I am expecting to follow at the end of this season or next. And this why we are operating under a fatally flawed model........
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Doeboy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:53 pm

The following can/will go...
Moreno
Mignolet
Lallana
Benteke
Allen
Toure

I think at least one of Milner, Hendo and Lucas will go. All very workmanlike and think JK wants his midfielders to offer more.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:33 am

eds » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:58 pm wrote:
Eagle » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:45 pm wrote:

The problem I mostly have is that if any of these kids come good, they will go the way of Suarez and Sterling. Coutinho I am expecting to follow at the end of this season or next. And this why we are operating under a fatally flawed model........

Couts is on and off atm.. If was performing on a top level always im can guarantee he would go.
That's the problem we will always face im afraid. We can nurture young lads but once they perform well and get recognition from top clubs they just want to leave. Maybe if we consistently challnged for the prem some would stay loyal.
I know City are pumped with crazy money but due to challenging for the Epl consistenly and playing in champs league, their players tend to stick with them.
Competing for Epl and being in champs league on a regular basis helps keep players loyal.

So imo i would also prefer us to sign players in their mid 20's.
When we are competing consistently then we can start snapping young prospects and nuture them.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion