Liverpool v Southampton 25th Oct - KO: 16:15 GMT

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:41 pm

C-R » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:28 pm wrote:Just very dissapointed here, just airing my thoughts so i don't take out my mood on anyone at home

Nothing against Klopp, of course not, he has only been here 5 minutes

He is working with Rodgers squad

If you pick through our squad 1 by 1 and try and pick out players that are genuinely good enough for a top 3 side there really are not that many

That goal we conceded, the sky pundits blamed Milner for not tracking Mane, but regardless of that a more dominant keeper would have had the ball cleared prior to that anyway

Mignolet has pulled off some great saves as a shot stopper lately but i just don't think he is good enough and needs replacing

Sakho for me is captain material and we should be building the defensive unit around him

Benteke looks a goal scorer, he was bought to do that and he is doing that when fit

Coutinho on current showing would get nowhere near that Barcelona team

Struggling for positives here

To be fair we have been hit hard by injuries, Origi tries hard but he is 20 years old and our 4th choice striker, in reality we only had a proper strike force for half that game.
I'm not saying Brendan has left Klopp a great squad of players but if we had the likes of Hendo, Sturridge, Benteke and Firmino on that pitch from the start then Im sure we would have put up a better showing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:10 pm

No pace in the team is a problem for us and we are over loaded in some positions, nothing at all in others.

There was nothing there again today just a replica of Kazan.

We all perhaps thought Klopp could get a lot more out of this group and of course he may yet, but its looking increasingly likely it will be a long and big job, much bigger than we,and I suspect Klopp envisaged, when he took it on.

Love to be a fly on the wall in the meets with owners, what Klopp had been sold by FSG and his views after 3 weeks.  :lookaround
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:10 pm

I thought Firmino made us look a lot more threatening when he was introduced ,Benteke's header was spectacular and Milners cross perfect ,Sakho our best defender again ,and Skrtel a lot more comfortable. I actually think we never looked like conceding until we scored and sat back a touch ,Lucas is starting to look consistently  brilliant and once again gave his all ,Clyne needs to get rid of the ball quicker ,and Coutinho needs to be dropped for either Firmino or Teixeira as he looks a bit overawed with the onus now being placed on him to be at his most inventive.

As for Klopp ,any manager in the world would struggle to make the current collative play in tune after 3 games ,other than that, I Loved the managers celebration ,loved the Kop singing 'Poor Scouser Tommy' loved Benteke's goal .

Klopps first season in charge of Dortmund seen them draw 15 times ,that's something I can live with if he produces a similar team to the one that evolved in Germany.

YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:34 pm

Don't think klopp can be held accountable for any of this and its down to such a poor squad he inherited. We have spent so much money and got so little return I'd say JH felt sick today looking at how it was wasted.

I didn't think it was all that bad today. The passing was mostly good and we moved it quickly until it mattered. Benteke is looking sharper but the service to him will have to improve. Moreno and clynes service was poor today and the corners again terrible. I cannot believe so many struggle to beat the first man. Firmino also showed a few instances of good play but has yet to shine. He needs to show more to justify that price tag.

Teams in this league are always going to get chances but defensively I thought we were better again today while skrtel and sakho look to be more comfortable with each other. Its a shame we conceded from a set piece but little by little we are looking better.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:53 pm

I will sum it up like this. we were *****. the problem is the same problem we have had at the club for the last 7 years, we get a few player hurt and our bench is weak. no new manger can deal with that, it done for Rodgers and it will do Klopp if more effort is not spent on building a better bench, of course the problem is we have almost become a selling club.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:57 am

Klopp is faultless.... for now  :glare: ....

Currently the players we have + our confidence level is built for a draw at best. Not his fault, agree but we are a demanding mob that will turn on him in the blink of an eye if those draws turn to losses and we start to fall towards the wrong end of the table.

Just keep us above Chelsea in the table Mr Klopp, give us that satisfaction at least!
killerp

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:21 am

We lack any sort of creativity.

For me playing the likes of Lallana and Coutinho together just clog things up in the middle. (I Think this is why Coutinho is struggling)

Had we had 2 natural wingers and Coutinho in the middle things would open up slightly.  Teams seem to sit compact on the edge of their area and we go through the middle 90% of the time. 

For me our full backs need to be overlapping natural wide men and vice versa.  The only width offer are from our full backs.

If Sturridge doens't play we don't look like scoring. I think our strikers look to come to the ball far too often.  Obviously Benteke is a target man, but i'm refering to nobody playing on the shoulder of the last defender.

With one upfront they always come to the ball and the 2 opposition CB's have a field day from it.   

Nobody streaches any opponent defenders.
Kopite-Jud

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:58 am

For me Emre can is our best player with Sakho close behind in second

The problem is then there is a massive gap in quality with the rest of the squad excluding benteke

Coutinho needs to be supporting the strikers more and not shooting 30 yards +

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:01 am

LFC1990 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:58 am wrote:For me Emre can is our best player with Sakho close behind in second

The problem is then there is a massive gap in quality with the rest of the squad excluding benteke

Coutinho needs to be supporting the strikers more and not shooting 30 yards +

Can our best player? you must be having a laugh, he gave the ball away more than anyone yesterday and spent most of the game looking down at this feet mindlessly bombing forward into blind alleys. Our central midfield is desperately poor and until that is addressed we will never improve, neither Can, Milner, Allen, Hendo or Lucas can control the tempo of a game or pass effectively, as a midfield trio none of those options are good enough together. If we could some with real quality next to Can and Hendo we would probably be fine, someone in the Xabi Alonso mould would be ideal.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:22 am

A very dull game once again. It will take the present BR players a miracle to score one goal! and Mignolet & defence are so charitable. It will take Klopp so much time and hard work to put this club in order.
algymoon

Postby andy_g » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:37 am

algymoon » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:22 am wrote:A very dull game once again. It will take the present BR players a miracle to score one goal! and Mignolet & defence are so charitable. It will take Klopp so much time and hard work to put this club in order.

but they did score one goal. hallelujah! a miracle!

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:55 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:20 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:07 pm wrote:Can't buy a win...

So are we better off than under Rodgers now?

Well what is clear is that a lot of the players that came in during Rodgers tenure just aren't good enough, the time to start asking questions like the one you have just asked is when we have a starting XI comprised mainly of Klopp players.

I guess I was just frustrated with the result when I asked this question. The truth is that we can't expect Klopp's team to be firing on all cylinders after three 2 games.
In fact if we retained BR, he will have a better chance to qualify for top 4. But In the long run, Klopp is a better manager and has the potential to do great things. So this season is a write-off. Hopefully we will win a cup though.

What I was concerned though is the fact that Klopp played tge same team for 3 games in 8 days. The team looked like they were lacking energy. Especially Coutinho seems to be suffering from this.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games