LIVERPOOL v Chelsea Sat 25th Nov 5.30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:31 pm

I just don't get what difference would Mane and Lallana have made with couple of mins to go.
Makes no sense.
They should've been put on earlier.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:53 pm

A bit of an overreaction to Saturday’s result in IMO. Chelsea played 3 CBs, 3DMs, and wingbacks. They choose Drinkwater over Cesc. Mane looked out of sorts against Seville so wasn’t surprised to see him dropped. Their goal was a fluke but my one criticism of Klopp is that he didn’t react to Cesc coming on it. It was quite an obvious plan that he would come on and quarterback the game for Chelsea and that’s what happened. The pressure was building with Cesc at the centre of everything and Klopp was too slow to react. He should have bought on Firmino and given him the job of denying Cesc space. But overall 1-1 is an OK result.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:23 pm

Pig Catcher » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:53 pm wrote:A bit of an overreaction to Saturday’s result in IMO. Chelsea played 3 CBs, 3DMs, and wingbacks. They choose Drinkwater over Cesc. Mane looked out of sorts against Seville so wasn’t surprised to see him dropped. Their goal was a fluke but my one criticism of Klopp is that he didn’t react to Cesc coming on it. It was quite an obvious plan that he would come on and quarterback the game for Chelsea and that’s what happened. The pressure was building with Cesc at the centre of everything and Klopp was too slow to react. He should have bought on Firmino and given him the job of denying Cesc space. But overall 1-1 is an OK result.

Agreed. It was painful to watch Cesc sitting at the back being allowed to put him head up and pick any pass he wanted. Of all the players to allow that much space we afforded it to Fabregas
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby only me » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:56 pm

Pig Catcher » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:53 pm wrote:A bit of an overreaction to Saturday’s result in IMO. Chelsea played 3 CBs, 3DMs, and wingbacks. They choose Drinkwater over Cesc. Mane looked out of sorts against Seville so wasn’t surprised to see him dropped. Their goal was a fluke but my one criticism of Klopp is that he didn’t react to Cesc coming on it. It was quite an obvious plan that he would come on and quarterback the game for Chelsea and that’s what happened. The pressure was building with Cesc at the centre of everything and Klopp was too slow to react. He should have bought on Firmino and given him the job of denying Cesc space. But overall 1-1 is an OK result.

You just explained why everyone is so pi$$ed of  :D
Everyone in the stand and on the TV saw it coming...Everyone but the guy which matters..I still think not including Mane was madnesss..As well as playing Hendo&Milner in the MF ,a pair which is more boring then watching paint dry...Even worse that we got away with this horrible starting lineup yet failed to react when needed.

Hence the overreaction.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:52 pm

Not really. If as expected Conte had started with Cesc and we had played a more attacking midfield and lost people would be lambasting Klopp for not being smarter.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games