LIVERPOOL v Chelsea Sat 25th Nov 5.30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:58 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:49 pm wrote:I think Klopp picked the right team to start with and Tbh we played pretty decent until around the 70 minute mark where we sat too deep and players started to tire. That was the moment we all wanted changes but Klopp was happy to see players blow a gasket. He had a long chat with Mane after the game I'm sure Mane was probably upset he left it so late to put him on, he could have been a good outlet in the last 15 minutes.

Well it's ANOTHER lesson we have to learn from.

What lesson can we learn? When actions have no logic what is their to learn...I can understand bad decisions but illogical ones?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:59 pm

We really should have won that Klopp made changes very very late. He should have slotted Mane in earlier.

Anyhow a draw is not a bad result we could have won it had it not been for Willians odd goal.

1-1 against Chelsea is a decent result not the end of the world.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:03 pm

devaney » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:44 pm wrote:Kewell  mate their goal was a fluke. Didn’t you see Willian’s expression after the goal.

We got undone by a ridiculous team selection and a manager who waits until the 88th minute to bring on Mané and Lallana. And why Lallana - he is match rusty - Firmino and Mané should have been on no later than the 70th minute and Sturridge who should never have started should have been off at half time. Tactically I think Klopp is sadly lacking.

Mane and Firminho were dropped for their abismal second half performances in Seville
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:04 pm

A draw at home is a bad result against direct rivals...I don't get this sentiment lads...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:30 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:03 pm wrote:
devaney » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:44 pm wrote:Kewell  mate their goal was a fluke. Didn’t you see Willian’s expression after the goal.

We got undone by a ridiculous team selection and a manager who waits until the 88th minute to bring on Mané and Lallana. And why Lallana - he is match rusty - Firmino and Mané should have been on no later than the 70th minute and Sturridge who should never have started should have been off at half time. Tactically I think Klopp is sadly lacking.

Mane and Firminho were dropped for their abismal second half performances in Seville

That theory of yours works just fine except -
A) everyone was shyte second half against Seville
B) the two that were unceremoniously dragged off on Wednesday both started today (Moreno and Coutinho)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:57 pm

Moreno f**ked up, but he didn't stop playing in the second half. Something Mane and Firmino both did...and it's my belief that is why both were benched.

Klopp tried to shut up shop by bringing Gini on. Now people say he should have brought strikers on...either way, he loses.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:19 pm

Klopps judgement and tactics, prove he has a lot of weaknesses. How the ***** will playing milner and hendo in a three man midfield, at home, win you a game versus a top side!!? Sturridge was a waste of time as he has no decent form to rely on. And then, subbing Mane and llalana in at about 87 minutes, gave them no time to get into the game. Why not make them subs at about 60mins?????
Any rational man would have done that.
Had Mane and Firminho started the match, we would have probably won this match.
Also, the willian goal was a cross as you could see from his expression he wasn't looking where he was playing that ball.
Algymoon makes more sense by the day!! Nutcase tactical decisions today Jurgen!?
Amen.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:28 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:57 pm wrote:Moreno f**ked up, but he didn't stop playing in the second half. Something Mane and Firmino both did...and it's my belief that is why both were benched.

Klopp tried to shut up shop by bringing Gini on. Now people say he should have brought strikers on...either way, he loses.

???

They didn't stop playing..He got the tactics wrong very wrong yesterday and today..Moreno is Shiite yesterday today and tomorrow playing him is wrong period. Klopp failed his tactics yesterday and today and with poor game management those are troubling weakness added to his team building capabilities..I admit I'm disappointed at what I'm learning on Klopp..his learning curve should have been much more quicker.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:36 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:19 pm wrote:Klopps judgement and tactics, prove he has a lot of weaknesses. How the ***** will playing milner and hendo in a three man midfield, at home, win you a game versus a top side!!? Sturridge was a waste of time as he has no decent form to rely on. And then, subbing Mane and llalana in at about 87 minutes, gave them no time to get into the game. Why not make them subs at about 60mins?????
Also, the willian goal was a cross as you could see from his expression he wasn't looking where he was playing that ball.
Algymoon makes more sense by the day!! Nutcase tactical decisions today Jurgen!?
Amen.

Hard to argue with any of that tbh, Milner is clearly past it, his legs have gone and Chelsea players were just breezing past him like he wasn't there, they were breezing past Henderson as well which was disconcerting to see. The only 2 players that could cope with Hazard were Moreno and Chamberlain which should have told Klopp that you needed quick players out there yet Milner played the full 90?
As for Sturridge he held the ball up well but when Chelsea had the ball he may as well have not been there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:48 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:36 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:19 pm wrote:Klopps judgement and tactics, prove he has a lot of weaknesses. How the ***** will playing milner and hendo in a three man midfield, at home, win you a game versus a top side!!? Sturridge was a waste of time as he has no decent form to rely on. And then, subbing Mane and llalana in at about 87 minutes, gave them no time to get into the game. Why not make them subs at about 60mins?????
Amen.

Hard to argue with any of that tbh, Milner is clearly past it, his legs have gone and Chelsea players were just breezing past him like he wasn't there, they were breezing past Henderson as well which was disconcerting to see. The only 2 players that could cope with Hazard were Moreno and Chamberlain which should have told Klopp that you needed quick players out there yet Milner played the full 90?
As for Sturridge he held the ball up well but when Chelsea had the ball he may as well have not been there.

Agreed, Hendo and Milner are not " Game changing" players are they??
Why wjnaldum, Mane, Firminho were on the bench baffles me, unless they had a knock from midweek. But you have to field your strongest side in these matches.
Oxlade-chamberlain did OK I thought-he needs more game time to get the best out of him, but salah-What a buy he is, sharp, does not lose possession very often, has vision, and has good intricate passing skills, a lot better than I thought he would be.
We are going in the right direction under Klopp, I just question his judgement/tactics / selections in certain matches. :(
Last edited by Ghost of Shankly on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:56 pm

Despite the fluke equaliser it was a fair result, I felt we gave everything but just not good enough to get it over the line.

Honest team but we are way short of top quality in defence and midfield, Klopp bridges the gap to a degree with an incredible work ethic and motivation but ultimately we need better players in key positions.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:02 pm

parchpea » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:56 pm wrote:Despite the fluke equaliser it was a fair result, I felt we gave everything but just not good enough to get it over the line.

Honest team but we are way short of top quality in defence and midfield, Klopp bridges the gap to a degree with an incredible work ethic and motivation but ultimately we need better players in key positions.

It's a shame we can't have Keita now. Hendo and Can and Milner are bench players at most. Keita is the replacement for stephen Gerrard we have been waiting a long time for..
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am

Well, the Kop were in full voice, even after despairing over the starting eleven ,so the crowd played their part. I personally cant believe we didn't concede earlier what with Klavan's struggle remembering 'basic defending page one' as it really made for horrendous viewing watching his personal take on pinball in our penalty area. Can we all agree now, that Sturridge has had a glut of first team chances he's criminally undervalued with a shrug of indifference ? I mean for a good few months we have been pining for our top triumvirate to return what with injuries and bans so to have that taken away from us because the manager decided to bench our two most productive players is a bitter pill to swallow.

I will back Klopp when I believe the critique is unfair ,but I certainly wont attempt to cover him in glory when he clearly went out of his way to opt for the strangest eleven since someone alluded to merging S club 7 with Metallica and then he exacerbated the Kops sense of bewilderment by his refusal to put our definitive game changers on until the game and any remnants of a burning desire to win' was all but embers.

We simply aren't as effective as a unit when Bobby doesn't play, so unless the lad has two f*cking legs in plaster he should play every game  ??? Same for Mane,its criminal leaving a player with his pace and ingenuity on the bench,I mean games at home in particular we should be throwing our best eleven out there !   

Right ,gripes over ,Salah was absolutely superb and the best player out of the both sides, so too from a purely defensive aspect were Moreno and Gomez at the back,but the defensive performance of the match was Azpilicueta,what a f*cking top defender he is ,if not for his interventions Salah would be on 17 goals now.

Lastly, Milner is even slow when he's falling to the ground ,watching the fella in full flight is like pausing an action film on an old Betamax ,the less said about Klavan the better.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:10 am

Algy is going to have a massive boner reading some posts. :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:04 am

redshade » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:10 am wrote:Algy is going to have a massive boner reading some posts. :D

Amen!!! :p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games