Crystal Palace V Liverpool SAT 25th KO@19.45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:44 am

The lads will be hurting after Tuesday so hopefully turn up with the right frame of mind to win a game.  Think Konate is back but too soon for a start whereas Jota has to be in contention.

Ali.

Trent        Matip    VVD     Robbo.

Hendo       Fabinho

Bajcetic

Gakpo      Nunez    Jota

It wasn't all bad against Madrid and at times we did look decent. Bring some of that intensity into this and we will do ok. Il go for the away win and think we will score at least 3.

C'mon the pool  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:11 am

Forget about Madrid this is our real big game, we are nowhere near in the type of form or in the type of shape to win the CL, our priority should be focusing on how we line up next season and beyond and to do that we need to qualify for next years CL to give us access to the funds and ability to attract the best players.
What we do between now and the end of the season could define the next decade for us so the prem is our priority.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:25 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:11 am wrote:Forget about Madrid this is our real big game, we are nowhere near in the type of form or in the type of shape to win the CL, our priority should be focusing on how we line up next season and beyond and to do that we need to qualify for next years CL to give us access to the funds and ability to attract the best players.
What we do between now and the end of the season could define the next decade for us so the prem is our priority.

I agree, even if we had beat Madrid, we probably wouldn’t have in Madrid, and even if we had gotten through there is no way with the consistency we have this year we are going all the way. We need to qualify for next years CL and the league is the only way, so we need to prioritize it. Huge game today and then Wednesday against Wolves and we pray we beat ManUre next week, in fact every game from now on is a cup came except the only cup game we are still in.

We can do it as the teams above us are not that consistent either.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:33 pm

I don't think anyone is thinking we are going to overturn Madrid and all I was hoping for was some of that intensity we began the game with. Thats the only reason i mentioned it. I think most have accepted that this years run in the CL is over as well. Palace have no where near the quality they have therefore won't exploit and punish our mistakes.

It's top 4 or bust!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:56 pm

I just hope the lads have got the hunger to go for 4th. Treat every game as a final now.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:34 pm

Read some stat that we've beaten Palace at the Selhurst Park the last nine times we've played them there. I seem to remember Palace being a bit tricky for us on a few occasions (as well as for City), but guess I was wrong. Hopefully our players have the mental strength to pick themselves up from Tuesday's shitshow and make it 10 out of 10 at the Selhurst, cause we really need that top 4 finish.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:52 pm

TEAM NEWS

Jota replaces Darwin Nunez in the XI at Selhurst Park, while Naby Keita, Joel Matip and James Milner also come back into the side.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Milner, Keita, Jota, Salah, Gakpo.

Subs: Kelleher, Fabinho, Firmino, Jones, Elliott, Tsimikas, Carvalho, Bajcetic, Williams.

Nunez out injured by the look of it ...

A 37 yr old Milner starting for us...Palace must be quaking in their boots. That's as pedestrian a midfield 3 as you are going to see in a Liverpool starting XI  :lookaround
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:53 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:33 pm wrote:I don't think anyone is thinking we are going to overturn Madrid and all I was hoping for was some of that intensity we began the game with. Thats the only reason i mentioned it. I think most have accepted that this years run in the CL is over as well. Palace have no where near the quality they have therefore won't exploit and punish our mistakes.

It's top 4 or bust!!

My post wasn’t aimed at you mate it was more a general observation, I was just basically saying let’s forget about the CL this year we aren’t playing well enough to win it, let’s just try and get in it next year so we have the funds for a decent rebuild in the summer.
Apologies for not making that clear mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:31 pm

Not sure about the starting XI, looks like the type of midfield that’s been getting its @rse handed to it all season. No Nunez either not even on the bench. Bit nervous about this game don’t mind admitting.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:36 pm

Yup midfield is worrying, A sicknote and other two others who can't keep up with the pace.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:40 pm

Cmon the pool!!  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:42 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:53 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:33 pm wrote:I don't think anyone is thinking we are going to overturn Madrid and all I was hoping for was some of that intensity we began the game with. Thats the only reason i mentioned it. I think most have accepted that this years run in the CL is over as well. Palace have no where near the quality they have therefore won't exploit and punish our mistakes.

It's top 4 or bust!!

My post wasn’t aimed at you mate it was more a general observation, I was just basically saying let’s forget about the CL this year we aren’t playing well enough to win it, let’s just try and get in it next year so we have the funds for a decent rebuild in the summer.
Apologies for not making that clear mate.

Sound Yakka and I didn't think you were. I was just wondering how the first 2 posts were about Madrid  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:23 pm

80% possession and we could be 2-0 down. Have to cut out these unforced errors.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:26 pm

Naby needs hooking at HT
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:29 pm

Trent is becoming a weak link at the RB
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<