Crystal Palace V Liverpool SAT 25th KO@19.45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:39 pm

What an utterly rancid game. One of the irritating things is we were up against a Palace team who looked like they were they for the taking.
Doeboy

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:41 pm

That was torture! Where was the urgency? Do we want top 4? The mentality monsters have become a soft touch. We are losing duels all over the park, not winning 2nd balls.. we don't look hungry at all.

This was a safe, pathetic performance tonight.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:15 pm

We are Sh1t aren't we?!  That was such a difficult game to watch, felt like pre-season for majority of the time. I hope I had not wasted 90 mins and rather should have just cleared up some stuff in the house, what a waste of time!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:38 am

I ended up falling asleep halfway through, I was up early this morning and the endless square and backwards passing was just too much for my eyelids. Reading everyone’s posts it doesn’t sound like I missed much. After the excitement of last season what a giant anticlimax this whole campaign has been, even pre-season, all that getting pumped by United & Strasbourg lark then starting off with 2 draws and a defeat in our first 3 games. That opener against Fulham where we were well off the pace pretty much set the tone for the entire season to date. No signings in January too. Sigh.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:40 am

I'd say the Palace fans where saying the same thing in we where there for the taking. They would have as well if they had anything up front.

We have about as much goal threat in us as they did tbh. Jota does better from the bench with 20 mins to go imo, Gakpo started well and showed for everything but faded quickly and Salah just struggled for the 90.  Bobby had zero impact as well. We are toothless at the moment.

Not surprised with the midfield performance either when I seen the line up. Keita was barely putting in the effort and as a result would have got sent off so the right thing to do was hook him at HT. I would have taken Trent off then as well as he was on auto pilot. The changes didn't make much difference anyway.

It's just an effing sh1tshow at the minute.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:22 pm

:upside:
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:19 pm

This is what the team is and has been this season. Shocked that people are still surprised at this late date and exect something different....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:34 pm

What concerns me is that some players seem to have written the season off and even seem to have given up on top 4.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:45 pm

Boocity wrote:What concerns me is that some players seem to have written the season off and even seem to have given up on top 4.

I can't get over this myself. They all have came out at one point during the season with the whole "We know it's not good enough and need to do better" spiel but then actually manage to look somewhat worse in the next match. This season has been humiliating for everyone involved and after getting schooled the other night they turn up with that turgid sh1t yesterday.  :veryangry

This will boil down to a simple choice for FSG. Either you gut that squad which is overdue or you go with a different manager and try to paper over the cracks for a year or 2. Klopp is not going to be here next year if he feels it will be another season like this.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games