Liverpool v Southampton 25th Oct - KO: 16:15 GMT

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:40 pm

Going to be another tough game, which game isn't these days!

Our players back from injury should start in this game. Sturridge is 50/50 from the looks of it. Maybe will be on the bench.

Its been a while since we've won a game. These draws are starting to get monotonous.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:56 pm

These beat Chelsea 3-1 at Stamford Bridge the other week so I hope the players are a bit more up for this one than they were last night, we need to put in the same type of effort that we did against Spurs.
If Sturridge does somehow make it I'd go with this line up, it's a bit adventurous but we need to start posing more of a threat going forward.

Mingolet

Clyne.                Skrtel.                Sakho.              Moreno

Lucas.               Can

Sturridge.        Coutinho.        Firmino

Benteke

If he doesn't make it replace him with Lallana.
I'd like to see us really go for it as well, as you say mate I'm getting fed up of all these draws.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:14 am

I agree with the formation Yakka but even if Sturridge was available (currently very doubtful) I'd start with Lallana on the right.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:03 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:56 pm wrote:These beat Chelsea 3-1 at Stamford Bridge the other week so I hope the players are a bit more up for this one than they were last night, we need to put in the same type of effort that we did against Spurs.
If Sturridge does somehow make it I'd go with this line up, it's a bit adventurous but we need to start posing more of a threat going forward.

Mingolet

Lucas.               Can

Benteke

I'd like to see us really go for it as well, as you say mate I'm getting fed up of all these draws.

I like that formation fella ,but I think Id drop Coutz for Teixeira ,its about time he had some competition for that position.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:21 pm

I'd go with that as well, though I doubt Milner will be dropped even under Klopp. Glass-legs Sturrige will probably miss this one, so like woof said I'd play Lallana instead.

I'd also prefer Frimino down the middle instead of Coutinho.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:06 pm

I know the fixture list hasn't been kind to us but we do need to start stringing one or two results together, as it stands we are lying 12th and if we are not careful the top clubs will be off into the distance and away.
With that in mind it's absolutely vital that we get a win tomorrow, especially with an away trip to Chelsea coming up next weekend.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:46 pm

3 points is a must, we don't want to drift further away from 4th.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:56 pm wrote:These beat Chelsea 3-1 at Stamford Bridge the other week so I hope the players are a bit more up for this one than they were last night, we need to put in the same type of effort that we did against Spurs.

Mingolet

Lucas.               Can

Benteke

I think this is the strongest formation and team we currently have. I think Lallana is playing well, but Coutinho is the bigger game changer.. and we need to get wins as quick as possible.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:36 am

I'm interested in where Klopp sees Firmino playing and whether he is eventually given a go at that second striker role. With Ing's long term absence and Sturridge and Benteke's injury records, he might need to do a job further up more often than we'd like.

I'd go with this against Soton:

Mingolet

Clyne                Skrtel.               Sakho              Moreno

Lucas         

Milner                   Can

Coutinho

Firmino               Benteke

It's simple really, play to the strength of your best players. We need the goals and this setup probably provides us with the best chance of improving on our awful awful goalscoring record so far this season (joint fewest goals scored in the league; Vardy has scored 2 more than our club has managed and its November ffs).
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:56 am

No Milner today

Mignolet
Clyne skrtel sakho Moreno
Lucas - can
Lallana coutinho firminho
Benteke

Sakho Captain

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:34 am

LFC1990 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:56 pm wrote:No Milner today

Mignolet
Lucas - can
Benteke

Sakho Captain

Amen to that
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:05 pm

LFC1990 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:56 am wrote:No Milner today

Mignolet
Lucas - can
Benteke

Sakho Captain

Looks good... Klopp is showing his authority with his line-up. I was a BR supporter and also a fan of Milner. But BR wouldn't have dropped Milner until he was injured. Milner is also starting to look like he doesn't have any end product. This formation has plenty of creativity. But my concern is the intensity by Lallana and Firminho, they tend to start out great but their intensity drops significantly around the 60 min mark...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:05 pm

LFC1990 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:56 am wrote:No Milner today

Mignolet
Lucas - can
Benteke

Sakho Captain

Looks good... Klopp is showing his authority with his line-up. I was a BR supporter and also a fan of Milner. But BR wouldn't have dropped Milner until he was injured. Milner is also starting to look like he doesn't have any end product. This formation has plenty of creativity. But my concern is the intensity by Lallana and Firminho, they tend to start out great but their intensity drops significantly around the 60 min mark...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:19 pm

This is a very tough game which of many in the coming fixture of all difficult games. I Hope the manager not to start with useless  "Firmino" he is a total flop and waste of space in team line-up, however if manager will soon learn that his is so useless like he has already found out about Allan and some average players in squad.

I hope for a win, properly just about. Good luck lads
algymoon

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:53 pm

Good line-up. Am also delighted to see Klopp dropping players who don't perform - i.e Allen and Milner.

I am still optimistic about Firmino - he needs a run in the team to acclimatise to the league - and am hoping we'll notch up the first (of many) Klopp victories  :grinning:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games