arsenal v LIVERPOOL Sun 16th 4.00pm F.A Cup

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ethanr » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:39 pm

I hate that people say it was a pen, but Gerrard would have been sent off. One changed moment at any point during the game changes EVERYTHING. From the moment we would have taken that pen, the ball would have gone to the center line, or out of bounds somewhere, or in the keepers hands, or played on from there, in a different spot from where arsenal ended up pulling it out. Every moment in the game from that point on would have been completely different in that moment in time. It changes everything, and that Gerrard tackle never would have happened.

Besides, webb was so inconsistent with his yellow cards. Podolski probably had the worst challenge in the game and didn't get one. He could have had 3 or 4 yellows on his own with all his ridiculous challenges, not to mention when Monreal pulled back Sterling which is usually bookable. webb was just all over the place yesterday.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:42 pm

Ethanr - I totally agree with you mate but using that logic if Gerrard had scored the penalty Arsenal would have played a different game and may have gone on to score. Who knows? All if's and buts. I take from it that we were the better team and the progression that we have made in a short time is incredible.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:51 pm

How come Gibbs isn't first choice but Monreal is? I'm shocked. Gibbs is really good!
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ethanr » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:34 pm

devaney » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:42 am wrote:Ethanr - I totally agree with you mate but using that logic if Gerrard had scored the penalty Arsenal would have played a different game and may have gone on to score. Who knows? All if's and buts. I take from it that we were the better team and the progression that we have made in a short time is incredible.

Absolutely, but so could we. At that point it's a 50-50 game. Arsenal are more likely the ones trying to avoid a replay because they know they can't beat us at Anfield right now and they can't afford to add another game to their hectic schedule. It would be them going all-out, more likely to make a mistake, and I like us on the counter attack too.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Doeboy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:12 am

devaney » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:05 am wrote:Understandably the lads confidence is sky high after scoring in eight successive matches.probably thinks he can do no wrong at the moment which results in misses and poor decisions. Perhaps he needed bringing down to earth. Just a shame that it happened yesterday.

He could and probably should have done better but he has been so good, I can't bring myself to be too critical. Strikers miss chances, comes part of the territory, but as long as they put away most of them, then I am happy and Sturridge is most definitely putting away most of his the chances that come his way.Would not be surprised at all if he grabbed a hat trick against Swansea and am going to put some money on it
Doeboy

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games