arsenal v LIVERPOOL Sun 16th 4.00pm F.A Cup

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby TheLad » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:58 pm

A draw was a fair result tonight. Now we have no excuses, we have to win the title. :-)
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:00 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:55 am wrote:Howard f*cking Webb  :veryangry   :veryangry   :veryangry

why does it seem that a post with similar sentiment is said after every game webb refs for us?

I just can't believe he didn't give that when he's only 5 yards away… You really can't find a more clear penalty than that, and he made so many little decisions that went against us throughout the game, especially in the first half.

Either way, I hope they don't win it as they don't deserve it, but I'm glad they'll continue to be distracted by the cup. Everton for them next means another game that they'll have to play full strength.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:02 pm

Fabianski was great tho. He had a hell of a game.
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:08 pm

ethanr » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:02 pm wrote:Fabianski was great tho. He had a hell of a game.

Jones was pretty good as well.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:09 pm

That was probably one of the best performances we've produced at the emirates, okay we looked a bit weak defensively but going forward we opened them up time and time again only to be let down by our finishing.
Sterling was immense and gerrard wasn't far behind him.
It's disappointing to lose but when you go out on your shield like we did there you can accept that.
Well done to the players, they threw the kitchen sink at them there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby romliv » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:13 pm

It was expected a little ... most important now is to concentrate in the PL and take care Totteham and everton behind.
Unfortunately, Sturridge missed three scoring opportunities
and we were overconfident.
This defeat came at the right time
when we don't have what we love, we must love what we have!
romliv

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:20 pm

as someone said, a draw would have been the fairer result.

Oh well, onwards and upwards, BR needs to get them fired up for Swansea next weekend and the push for top 4 and beyond
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:23 pm

Proud to be red watching stuff like that !! Very unlucky to come away with nothing. If Webb is one of the best in the world why does he make so many simple mistakes and it's not just when he is refereeing our games?  Great game again from Gerrard. absolutely worked his socks off. Sterling impressive again and I'd be tempted to leave Cissoko out who really just isn't any use whatsoever (I'm in a polite mood  :no ) and play him in the deeper more defensive role. Not ideal I know but poor Aly just is not up to this level.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:29 pm

devaney » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:23 pm wrote:Proud to be red watching stuff like that !! Very unlucky to come away with nothing. If Webb is one of the best in the world why does he make so many simple mistakes and it's not just when he is refereeing our games?  Great game again from Gerrard. absolutely worked his socks off. Sterling impressive again and I'd be tempted to leave Cissoko out who really just isn't any use whatsoever (I'm in a polite mood  :no ) and play him in the deeper more defensive role. Not ideal I know but poor Aly just is not up to this level.

I think Johnson is nearly fit so I'd put him in at right back and move Flanno over to the left. Cissoko offers nothing to the team.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:30 pm

devaney » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:23 pm wrote:Proud to be red watching stuff like that !! Very unlucky to come away with nothing. If Webb is one of the best in the world why does he make so many simple mistakes and it's not just when he is refereeing our games?  Great game again from Gerrard. absolutely worked his socks off. Sterling impressive again and I'd be tempted to leave Cissoko out who really just isn't any use whatsoever (I'm in a polite mood  :no ) and play him in the deeper more defensive role. Not ideal I know but poor Aly just is not up to this level.

Actually I though our left hand side was pretty solid defensively, if anything it was flanno who was struggling.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:32 pm

damjan193 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:08 am wrote:
ethanr » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:02 pm wrote:Fabianski was great tho. He had a hell of a game.

Jones was pretty good as well.

I thought Jones was significantly stronger than what we've seen from Mignolet. I'd say it's possible that Mignolet would've done better with the second, but that's being generous to him. Jones was aggressive and made sure it wasn't easy anywhere in the box for arsenal. Jones looks much more comfortable than Mignolet.

Ive read somewhere that we've lost 8 games in a row that Webb has been in charge of… I don't believe it for a second, but does anybody know how we've done when Webb has been the ref for our games over a period of time?
ethanr

Postby Boocity » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:45 pm

Webb is the Fergie of referees, no one criticises him, everyone keeps telling us he's the best in the EPL no matter how many fook ups he makes its just ignored because he's so great
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:49 pm

Bogey ground for us really and we where just plain unlucky today.

Only criticism would be Sturridges finishing but we played some lovely football and in my opinion
are a better side than Arsenal and should prove it in league position.

Webb is having a horrible season by the way.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:53 pm

Thought we should have won this game. Certainly had the better chances and Sturridge on another day would have put those early chances away (won't be too hard on the lad as he has been magnificent for us). I do worry about our defensive blips. I think we are decent defensively but seem to have moments within games where we suddenly look all at sea. Think it is down to concentration personally and is something that can be ironed out. Maybe it will come once we have a settled back four as we've never really had that this season
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:03 pm

I think Luis didn't help re- the penalty decision by over exaggerating his fall, probably looked to Webb like he was trying to milk a spot kick, if he'd have fallen naturally he might have had more chance of it being given.
In the grand scheme of things losing is not the end of the world, it means no distractions for us, another tough fixture on the horizon for Arsenal and I don't think our confidence will be dented by that performance at all.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games