arsenal v LIVERPOOL Sun 16th 4.00pm F.A Cup

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:32 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:03 pm wrote:I think Luis didn't help re- the penalty decision by over exaggerating his fall, probably looked to Webb like he was trying to milk a spot kick, if he'd have fallen naturally he might have had more chance of it being given.
In the grand scheme of things losing is not the end of the world, it means no distractions for us, another tough fixture on the horizon for Arsenal and I don't think our confidence will be dented by that performance at all.

Can't argue with that. It was a stonewall pen but agree don't think it helps matters when Suarez exaggerates the fall. He doesn't need to do that as it starts making his fall look a little unnatural which probably leads to doubts in the ref's mind. Anyone, I'm not too despondent, gave a good account of ourselves again and the game could quite easily have gone our way. No distractions at all now for the quest for top 4
Doeboy

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Webb didn't have the balls to give the second pen I think.

But to be fair, we only have ourselves to blame. We had a lot of chances but we didn't take them. Our attackers had an off-day for once. Plus, we only started playing well in the second half. First half we were average at best.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:57 pm

thought that was a good game and we gave a good count of ourselves. we had chances and had we of taken them then we might be heading into the next round. i thought that was the difference today. they were always going to be up for this after the mauling we handed out last week. both sides were really going for it throughout and it ended up being a great cup tie.
anyway im much happier we took the 3 points last week  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:03 pm wrote:I think Luis didn't help re- the penalty decision by over exaggerating his fall, probably looked to Webb like he was trying to milk a spot kick, if he'd have fallen naturally he might have had more chance of it being given.
In the grand scheme of things losing is not the end of the world, it means no distractions for us, another tough fixture on the horizon for Arsenal and I don't think our confidence will be dented by that performance at all.

Don't get you lads describing the Cup as a "Distraction" ,if you are only trying to sweeten the bitter pill of the lose it's not working and not convincing.
We missed on a huge opportunity for SilverWare ,this club is thirsty for titles and cup finals ,it's a miserable result which i for one think is depressing. The Cup has it's magic and it's bonus (European spot) ,would never call it a distraction.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:54 pm

Thought Sturridge took extra touches when on goal, he didn't need to.  Should have shot on goal rather then try to go around the keeper.

Anyway, very disappointed with the result, we must move on though.......

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:55 pm

only me » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:34 pm wrote:

Don't get you lads describing the Cup as a "Distraction" ,if you are only trying to sweeten the bitter pill of the lose it's not working and not convincing.
We missed on a huge opportunity for SilverWare ,this club is thirsty for titles and cup finals ,it's a miserable result which i for one think is depressing. The Cup has it's magic and it's bonus (European spot) ,would never call it a distraction.

we all know the consequences if we don't don't get into the top 4 this season and with spurs only 3 points behind us really breathing down our necks a CL place certainly isn't a shoe in.
Plus for the only the third time in 24 years we find ourselves in a genuine title race, as much as I love the F.A cup we have bigger fish to fry at the moment.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:58 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:57 pm wrote:anyway im much happier we took the 3 points last week  :nod

Yep. I'm with you.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Dalglish » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:11 am

I don't care if Suarez does 15 somersaults after a tackle like that.........It's a foul and if Webb thinks anything otherwise then he should book Suarez for diving !

As easy a penalty decision you are likely to see all season and a terrible decision from the "best" in the Prem ! He is feet away FFS ! It's not even close, stonewall penalty and you expect a professional referee to get that right at least !

However when you see Arsenal doing a Lap Of Honour post match at The Emirates you realise how far we have come.

Truth is we were the better team going forward and the worse team defensively.

Walk on ..................
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:06 am

maypaxvobiscum » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:58 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:57 pm wrote:anyway im much happier we took the 3 points last week  :nod

Yep. I'm with you.

Amen to that, disappointed at the result and to be out of the cup. However the fact that Arsenal and Everton now face each other while we concentrate on league is a silver lining
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:38 am

Everyone knows that was a clear Penalty, though he let SG off for the second bookable offence down the other end, could have been sent off, but to balance the book for the penalty decision  ???

Howard Webb seems to think he is Gods gift to refereeing since the last World Cup. Think he has been poor since then, he is not the best referee in our game, he's just whiskey noses play thing.

The moment Raheem Sterling touches the Ref....
http://www.livesoccertv.com/news/9012/h ... enal-game/?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:50 am

Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:54 pm wrote:Thought Sturridge took extra touches when on goal, he didn't need to.  Should have shot on goal rather then try to go around the keeper.

:nod , He does that a lot and most of the time the chance is then lost.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:35 am

woof woof ! » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:50 am wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:54 pm wrote:Thought Sturridge took extra touches when on goal, he didn't need to.  Should have shot on goal rather then try to go around the keeper.

:nod , He does that a lot and most of the time the chance is then lost.

Really? Most of the time he wastes chances?  :Oo:

Yesterday he was unusually wasteful. I don't think that the chances falling on his weaker side helped but that it was still disappointing that he missed both opportunities.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:49 am

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:35 am wrote:Really? Most of the time he wastes chances?  :Oo:

Yesterday he was unusually wasteful. I don't think that the chances falling on his weaker side helped but that it was still disappointing that he missed both opportunities.

No SCS, I'm not saying he misses most of his chances. I was referring specifically to the times when instead of electing to shoot (or pass) he decides to try and take the ball around the keeper. It wasn't just yesterday that he blew two such opportunities.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:05 am

Understandably the lads confidence is sky high after scoring in eight successive matches.probably thinks he can do no wrong at the moment which results in misses and poor decisions. Perhaps he needed bringing down to earth. Just a shame that it happened yesterday.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:16 pm

devaney » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:05 am wrote:Understandably the lads confidence is sky high after scoring in eight successive matches.probably thinks he can do no wrong at the moment which results in misses and poor decisions. Perhaps he needed bringing down to earth. Just a shame that it happened yesterday.

Agreed. Although I prefer his reality check to happen in that game than in the league.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games