Liverpool V Newcastle UTD 16:00 04/11/12

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby mkingdom » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:30 pm

Another draw that feels like a defeat.  But it wasn't a defeat, so let's not get carried away.

Until January when we (please God) sign a couple of players who are first 11 quality, we are going to have these types of games more often than not.  We keep good possession, create loads of chances and then disappoint.  Suarez cannot do it all alone, and we don't have natural goalscorers in midfield.

Lucas is back soon, which has to help the side overall, along with Reina and Johnson, so up until Jan that should make us better, but none of those are goalscorers either.

If this paper talk of Huntelaar is anywhere near true that excites me a lot.  He already has a developed partnership with Suarez, the only concern is would BR play them both and if so how?

This season is going to be average by the standards we all hope for.  But let's face it, if BR did get the sack after a poor six months, what then?  Who would come to LFC?  How much of a laughing stock would we be seen as?

BR needs two seasons minimum to be judged....that's the size of the job we have on.  It is going to be painful but we just need to get behind him and the team and hope he delivers, because what is the alternative?  Another new manager, another new system, more changes to the squad to suit the new man's philosophy?  I don't think we can afford that and I don't mean the money.
mkingdom

Postby laza » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:37 pm

tonyeh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:08 am wrote:
dundreamin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:07 pm wrote:I,ve had enough quitting watching LFC for a month at least. 45 years of support and this has broken me fed up of all the hype and BS we getting fed these days. It's beyond a joke now

Can't say I blame ya. There's something rotten at the heart of this team. I can't put my finger on it and I'm damn well sure Rogers isn't able to either. He really does have an uphill struggle ahead of him and I'd dearly like to see him overcome the obstacles and turn everything around, but as time goes on I am becoming less and less positive about his ability to do so.

It's actually painful watching Liverpool these days. Hopefully, around the January mark there will be a shake up and we can start looking forward to a better future.

:down:

So supporting the club for 45 years means you gone through the horror of Heysel and Hillsborough, rapid decline of Red empire under Souness Stewardship, the entertaining but vapid spice boys era of Evans. The post heart attack football of Houllier which was about as pretty as Bulgarian weightlifters armpit, Hicks poisoned end of Rafa's reign, the disaster that was Roy. Not to mention last year frustrations as King's signings of home grown proven league talent massively underachieved. You have supported through all that but you quit watching LFC after a couple of months of new regime which has broken you.  ???
Last edited by laza on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:37 pm

redno7 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:58 am wrote:we haven't just lost 6 - 0 to Southampton have we? Don't tell me...   we've been tonked 7 - 1 by Villa? No?

oh, we've ground out a 1 - 1 draw with Newcastle? for a minute there I thought we'd been humiliated. Mind you, had Shelvey pulled his finger out we'd of won that game. Imagine that, the likes of Lone Wolf and the other wind up merchants wouldn't of been anywhere near this forum then. They only really come on here to stick the boot in and spout off how good it would of been if Rafa had been given the job. 

well it's boring lads. we've heard it all before.

In Brendan Rodgers we Trust...     why?   because he's the manager of Liverpool Football Club and he'll get 100% support from 100% supporters.

d!ck brains need not apply.

Hey REDno.7 - I'm going to do this forum a real massive favour and a great tonic for the week.
I'm not going to post anymore - nor will I post under a different account. I will crawl back under the rock I came.
However - this gesture has its price.
When LFC decide to move forward - PLEASE, PLEASE, allow the LONE WOLF his own personal opinion - as this is MY RIGHT!
Further more I won't stoop as low to quote "Well I told you so." becasue that carries NO CLASS.
Opinions are like @rseholes - EVERYONES GOT ONE  :eyebrow
I will cheer my REDMEN my LFC as I have done for 40 years prior to entertaining the idea of joining a public forum.
Chelsea next week!
Come on THE REDS, come on ***SIDEWAYS JOE*** come on Brendan 'Unfortunate' Rodgers -
COME ON LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB  :hearts
RED 4 LIFE  :hearts
See Ya! :hearts
LONE WOLF

walk on
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby Homebooby » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:43 pm

rodgers is flogging a dead horse with this philosophy of his, we just havent got the players to play that way.
all our `possession football` seems to do in my eyes is allow teams to get set in defence and the fact is we just dont have a xavi or iniesta who can open up a packed defence with a through ball.
ironically when we do score it`s usually from direct play or a set piece.
not only is this philosophy of his making us look toothless in attack we look very shaky at the back, again today we were lucky not to concedede on the break.
never mind signing a center forward i just cant see anything `clicking` into place without us signing a creative genius of an attacking midfielder.
i honestly think benitez would have got a lot more out of the same group of players, i certainly dont think any benitez side would concede nearly 30 goals by the begining of november.
i`m not even seeing a progression, i actually think we looked more impressive early on in the season against city and united.[/quote]
:nod Getting professional players to pass the ball around to each other is NOT difficult, you find out how good they are when under pressure, hence the number of goals we have conceded. Only one SIDE in the world can play that way, and be successful, and thats Barca= Spain, as their players are technical enough. BR needs to utilize the players he has, at their best. Gerrard looks impotent as he wastes time with short passes, and no clinical striker in front of him for him to use his brilliant vision and killer passes. At this stage last year Kennys side was far more penetrative, and theirs no doubt that Rafa would have had better results with these players. BR is Unfortunatly out of his depth.[/quote]

Here, here...
NOW is that in anyway being critical? Or just words of wisdom - and the honest truth?
FSG should of done all it could to re-instate RAFA - John Henry should of offered his wife as part of the deal  :nod
LFC with its current squad would NOT be in this position under RAFA - in fact it's RAFA's babies who are now at the forefront of this squad carry hope for the future!
Under RAFA - today's forum would be filled of bickering statement of - we're not going to win the league  :down:
Not the reality of not being able to jump into the top half of the table in MOVEMBER!!!
SG - looks a below average player, why? Because he is not allowed to play his way - his way won us a 5th European Club Brendan  :nod

:down: now er're stuck with Brendon 'Unfortunate' Rodgers  :down:[/quote]

I keep reading your posts wondering how you don't remember just how dull we were to watch when Rafa was in charge. He was the king of side to side football with little penetration in the final 3rd, oh let's not forget passing it back to the keeper too.
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:45 pm

the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:53 am wrote:
Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:05 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 pm wrote:
rodgers is flogging a dead horse with this philosophy of his, we just havent got the players to play that way.
all our `possession football` seems to do in my eyes is allow teams to get set in defence and the fact is we just dont have a xavi or iniesta who can open up a packed defence with a through ball.
ironically when we do score it`s usually from direct play or a set piece.
not only is this philosophy of his making us look toothless in attack we look very shaky at the back, again today we were lucky not to concedede on the break.
never mind signing a center forward i just cant see anything `clicking` into place without us signing a creative genius of an attacking midfielder.
i honestly think benitez would have got a lot more out of the same group of players, i certainly dont think any benitez side would concede nearly 30 goals by the begining of november.
i`m not even seeing a progression, i actually think we looked more impressive early on in the season against city and united.

Brendan is setting out his stall so to speak and it's not going to happen overnight, you being a long-time supporter of this club and a highly intelligent man should know this. Yes we do have problems, yes things could be better, but I am seeing progress under Rodgers. We already look a much better team than last season. We seem in better shape going forward than we have been in three years.

Rodgers's philosophy won't be instilled straight away and over the coming transfer windows we will see Rodgers bring in the players that accompany his style. As for Benitez he's a great manager, but he seems to have put his management career on hold and has become a pundit on Skysports. I miss Benitez terribly, I believe with the right financial backing, Benitez would have taken us to numerous league titles and cup successes, but he's not here anymore. Rodgers is our manager and he receives my total support whilst our manager.

My only criticism of Rodgers is that sometimes the man needs to have some STFU juice. Apart from that the lads done good (so far...)

The CLUB gets my total support, the fans get my total support, the manager has to my earn respect, then he will get my total support...

Rather self righteous and pompous to think that your statement means anything at all no? Get off your high horse
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:49 pm

the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:27 am wrote:Of course its easier to quit. When your team is winning its all ok, when they need support of course none is to be found.

Really I hope every Liverpool supporter who is finding it hard not watching the team winning quits. Its not about circumstances, its about winning. So please, all those who want to quit supporting Liverpool hop on the nearest bandwagon and be off. I hope you all do, as this will then free up space in the stadium for proper Liverpool supporters who want to support the team.

So please, im begging you, all the plastics, f*ck off "supporting" the club, and while your at it, f*ck off from our forums.

Couldnt have put it better myself.

I dont see why people are saying the same things over and over again. We all know we dont have a striker and until january we can not fix that so please put that to one side when evaluating the sides performance.

Yesterday we dominated possesion again and again failed to take the 3 points at home. But Newcastle are a good side full of talent and we conceded a goal from a fantastic strike from a fantastic player. Apart from that I cant remember too much else they done.

We also need to realise we are still without Lucas Glenn Johnson and Reina. 3 players that would make a differnce. I dont think we have fielded our strongest possible team and until we do that we cant really establish our weaker points.

Reina
Johnson  Skrtel   Agger  Enrique

Lucas     Allen

Gerrard
Suso                                 Sterling
                    Suarez

That above I believe is our strongest side and Johnson and Reina are very close to returning and Lucas is expected by the end of the month.

The diffrence those 3 players would make to our side you wouldnt believe. Allen would go back to doing what he does best and linking Midfield with the attack and it would also give Gerrard more freedom to roam forward.

There is a slight bit of criticism I will give Brendan that being he needs to stop being so negative about the whole situation if he keeps banging on about what a thin squad and its going to take time he will rub off onto the players thinking that it doesnt matter if they play ***** as we are a "work in progress"

Next bit of criticism is he goes on about what a thin squad we have well why dont you try and use it a bit more.

I dont know how much collated game time Assaidi Yesil Pacheco and Henderson have had but they should have had more especially Assaidi as he has shown to be a very tricky player.

Keep the faith guys remember we are only 4 points behind Arsenal and 6 points behind Tottenham and Everton who sit 4th.

We have already played Arsenal Utd City Everton and Newcastle.[/quote]

OK let's forget about the lack of stikers and the 'Unfortunate' results we are getting at the moment.
With your team selection, you are hell-bent to employ the 4-3-3 just like the manager, why?
What has BR done in our lives to command this sort of respect?
Style of play doesn't need to change no matter what formation is played.
In our entire elite history - has LFC ever won ANYTHING playing 4-3-3 - IT'S ALL MEDIA HYPE!

With the lack of options we have, wouldn't it be wise to at least try 4-5-1 and see how the team adapts?
I'm really trying to be positive now.[/quote]

For someone who clearly has a history with the club, I would have thought you would realise that the instability at the club has been the biggest problem. Your approach to the manager so short into the tenure is not helpful at all, it merely serves to disrupt. Just cos things went wrong in the past, doesn't mean we should repeat them. You'll find most people on here didn't want to see Rafa or Kenny gone, but you have to let that go. Get behind the new team.
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:54 pm

the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:28 pm wrote:
LFC1990 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:59 am wrote:4-3-3 is the way Brendan wants to play. That is his system and gets alot of respect from me when he refuses to change it as he knows he will get the best out the team that way.

Without a clinical striker your not going to see the best of a Brendan rodgers side playing in 4-3-3 and neither are you without the personel we have to call up on when the injury list comes back. It will help out in terms of Gerrard being able to get forward more.

With Full backs like Johnson and Enrique it gives up 3 in the centre of midfield to either assist in going forward or track back when needed.

Look at chances created and then executed thats why he plays 4-3-3 because the way HE wants to do it is working in terms of creating chances but without the clinical striker we have been crying out for then we wont see goals flood in whatever the formation.

MMMMmmmm...
Formations are there to tinker with in order to get the best out of the players. Even with a SG in the twilight of his years can still hurt the opposition - so why not utilise that for another 2 months until a time when 4-3-3 is more achieveable.
4-5-1 last night may not have created more chances, but it may have given us more cover on the flanks from which New Castles goal came from.
If NC didnot score - If LFC had kept a clean sheet - we would all be celerbrating one of the goals of the season and 3 points.
IF - IF - IF
I'd just like to see BR mix it as he was forced to do in the Derby - for me this is the stregnth of a good manager - being able to mix it up when required.
That's all...

Now that's a much better worded post than many of yours before.
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:55 pm

laza » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:37 pm wrote:
tonyeh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:08 am wrote:
dundreamin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:07 pm wrote:I,ve had enough quitting watching LFC for a month at least. 45 years of support and this has broken me fed up of all the hype and BS we getting fed these days. It's beyond a joke now

Can't say I blame ya. There's something rotten at the heart of this team. I can't put my finger on it and I'm damn well sure Rogers isn't able to either. He really does have an uphill struggle ahead of him and I'd dearly like to see him overcome the obstacles and turn everything around, but as time goes on I am becoming less and less positive about his ability to do so.

It's actually painful watching Liverpool these days. Hopefully, around the January mark there will be a shake up and we can start looking forward to a better future.

:down:

PML  :bowdown

So supporting the club for 45 years means you gone through the horror of Heysel and Hillsborough, rapid decline of Red empire under Souness Stewardship, the entertaining but vapid spice boys era of Evans. The post heart attack football of Houllier which was about as pretty as Bulgarian weightlifters armpit, Hicks poisoned end of Rafa's reign, the disaster that was Roy. Not to mention last year frustrations as King's signings of home grown proven league talent massively underachieved. You have supported through all that but you quitted watching LFC after a couple of months of new regime which has broken you.  ???
Homebooby

Postby redno7 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:20 pm

the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:37 pm wrote:When LFC decide to move forward -

we are moving forward you spacka

fecking drama queens jump up and down demanding things when we draw 1 - 1 with newcastle.

pick teddy up, put back in pram, put the lip away.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:41 pm

redno7 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:20 pm wrote:
the lone wolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:37 pm wrote:When LFC decide to move forward -

fecking drama queens jump up and down demanding things when we draw 1 - 1 with newcastle.

why are you going on about the newcastle game? we`ve won 2 league games out of 10 and with our next 3 fixtures being chelsea away, swansea away and spurs away i will be genuinely made up if that stat turns into 3 wins in 13 games. i honestly think we will do well to win one of our next 3 games.
we are talking about relegation form here and lets face it rodgers has been here before, he was sacked from reading because results were so poor and at watford they spent half the season in the bottom 3 but managed to fight their way up to halfway by the seasons end. this isnt ancient history either this all happened in the last 4 years. take away what he did at swansea and his C.V shows his teams tend to struggle near the bottom of the table.
because he talks a good game and mentions barcelona a few times everyone is convinced this fella knows all the answers.
i think he`s niave and one dimensional and opposition managers know how to work him out. they know exactly what we are going to do because he tells them in the press. opposition teams can read us like a book and thats why we look toothless up front.
whenever barcelona leave messi, xavi and iniesta out they dont look anything special, it`s not the system that beats teams but the players.
does rodgers think that by bringing in the likes of signurdsson, dempsey, sturridge, kalou etc that we are going to pass through teams like barca?
if he wants to play this style he had better start looking at some creative geniuses because we are not good enough to pass through set defences.
this is not just about 1 game against newcastle.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:28 pm

We have Wigan on the 17th mate

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:38 pm

LFC1990 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:28 pm wrote:We have Wigan on the 17th mate

would you put money on us winning that one though?
we`ve won 2 games out of 10 this season, norwich and reading, and against reading we were hanging on for the final whistle.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:41 pm wrote:
redno7 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:20 pm wrote:

why are you going on about the newcastle game? we`ve won 2 league games out of 10 and with our next 3 fixtures being chelsea away, swansea away and spurs away i will be genuinely made up if that stat turns into 3 wins in 13 games. i honestly think we will do well to win one of our next 3 games.
we are talking about relegation form here and lets face it rodgers has been here before, he was sacked from reading because results were so poor and at watford they spent half the season in the bottom 3 but managed to fight their way up to halfway by the seasons end. this isnt ancient history either this all happened in the last 4 years. take away what he did at swansea and his C.V shows his teams tend to struggle near the bottom of the table.
because he talks a good game and mentions barcelona a few times everyone is convinced this fella knows all the answers.
i think he`s niave and one dimensional and opposition managers know how to work him out. they know exactly what we are going to do because he tells them in the press. opposition teams can read us like a book and thats why we look toothless up front.
whenever barcelona leave messi, xavi and iniesta out they dont look anything special, it`s not the system that beats teams but the players.
does rodgers think that by bringing in the likes of signurdsson, dempsey, sturridge, kalou etc that we are going to pass through teams like barca?
if he wants to play this style he had better start looking at some creative geniuses because we are not good enough to pass through set defences.
this is not just about 1 game against newcastle.

At the end of the day he is ONE decent striker away from relative success. I  agree that philosophy is nothing without the players which can implement it but after watching all of our  games thus far it all starts and ends with us missing a striker. That's it.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:38 pm wrote:
LFC1990 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:28 pm wrote:We have Wigan on the 17th mate

would you put money on us winning that one though?
we`ve won 2 games out of 10 this season, norwich and reading, and against reading we were hanging on for the final whistle.

Yeah i would and i would put money on us gettting atleast a point a white hart lane aswell and all 3 at Swansea.

Im going to repeat myself WE ARE A GOOD SIDE just we dont have someone to stick the ball in the net that consistently. However the squad and side we have will do alright until January when the owners must invest.

I reckon Johnson and Reina will be back to play V Chelsea and we will look alot stronger and alot better going forward no disrespect to Wisdom but he isnt Johnson. After that we play wigan a team who look awful and lost both of their best players last year in Moses and Rodellega. Then we might see the return of Lucas considering he is training already.

We have 3 players who are injured that will walk into our starting 11 that means alot. If you took out Cech Ivanovic and Mikel out of chelseas side they would struggle too probably relying on Mata, Hazard and Torres similar to us relying on Suarez Gerrard and Sterling.

If we are that bad of a team why are we only 4 points behind Arsenal.

After the Chelsea game we have

Wigan (H)
Swansea (A)
Tottenham (A)
Southampton (H)
West ham (A)
A.Villa (H)
Fulham (H)

Do me a favour and judge us after that because i think we will close the gap on Tottenham Arsenal and Everton in the coming weeks

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:19 pm

If Rodgers gets a very good attacking player in the winter transfer window then I think we'll be well on our way to climbing up the league table, we just have to get through another 10 league games before we reach that point, so anticipate more frustration.
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games