Liverpool V Newcastle UTD 16:00 04/11/12

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:47 pm

Boocity » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:32 pm wrote:Owen on twitter regarding the sending off

"Not having that at all. [Coloccini] didn't touch him and to say there was intent is laughable. Let me tell you, he kicks a moving ball a thousand times a day and doesn't miss it once. If he wanted to connect with a standing leg then he wouldn't have missed. He pulls out at the last minute and doesn't touch him. Not having that's a red at all."

Of course there was fooking intent, he was trying to get him all afternoon

Loving the abuse the bench warmer is getting for this comment. Lets face it, MO wouldn't know a bad tackle as you can't see the pitch from the treatment table!!
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:54 pm

there's some toss pots on here.  give your head a shake.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:04 pm

redno7 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:54 pm wrote:there's some toss pots on here.  give your head a shake.

agree to a certain extent but rodgers has made mistakes, when fsg opted for him we certainly didnt get the finished article by any means, never mind the team he`s still a work in progress himself.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:06 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:04 pm wrote:
agree to a certain extent but rodgers has made mistakes, when fsg opted for him we certainly didnt get the finished article by any means, never mind the team he`s still a work in progress himself.

Even elder managers with decades of managerial experience make mistakes i.e. Fabio Capello as England manager.
Boxscarf

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:06 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:04 pm wrote:

Even elder managers with decades of managerial experience make mistakes i.e. Fabio Capello as England manager.

true, but rodgers made a rod for his own back from the off when he stated in his first press conference that he wouldnt work under a DoF.
when you make statements like that you cant leave the club short of strikers by letting players go out on loan without bringing in suitable replacements. thats bordering on farce.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Yes that has been a monumental balls up by Rodgers and others at the club - but it's unfair to use that as a reason to constantly attack him. I'm a massive fan of Andy Carroll but he wasn't scoring for us, so he's hardly a lose is he? We'd still be in the same position with Carroll as we currently are without him.
Boxscarf

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Toothless in front of goal, we are. Light years from a top 4 finish...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:32 pm wrote:Yes that has been a monumental balls up by Rodgers and others at the club - but it's unfair to use that as a reason to constantly attack him. I'm a massive fan of Andy Carroll but he wasn't scoring for us, so he's hardly a lose is he? We'd still be in the same position with Carroll as we currently are without him.

rodgers is flogging a dead horse with this philosophy of his, we just havent got the players to play that way.
all our `possession football` seems to do in my eyes is allow teams to get set in defence and the fact is we just dont have a xavi or iniesta who can open up a packed defence with a through ball.
ironically when we do score it`s usually from direct play or a set piece.
not only is this philosophy of his making us look toothless in attack we look very shaky at the back, again today we were lucky not to concedede on the break.
never mind signing a center forward i just cant see anything `clicking` into place without us signing a creative genius of an attacking midfielder.
i honestly think benitez would have got a lot more out of the same group of players, i certainly dont think any benitez side would concede nearly 30 goals by the begining of november.
i`m not even seeing a progression, i actually think we looked more impressive early on in the season against city and united.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:46 pm

just highlighted our problem even more. dominated for long spells but don't get anywhere near enough players in the penalty area. we can't rely on suarez to be both our main scorer and creator week in week out. he can't do it all.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:05 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 pm wrote:
rodgers is flogging a dead horse with this philosophy of his, we just havent got the players to play that way.
all our `possession football` seems to do in my eyes is allow teams to get set in defence and the fact is we just dont have a xavi or iniesta who can open up a packed defence with a through ball.
not only is this philosophy of his making us look toothless in attack we look very shaky at the back, again today we were lucky not to concedede on the break.
never mind signing a center forward i just cant see anything `clicking` into place without us signing a creative genius of an attacking midfielder.
i honestly think benitez would have got a lot more out of the same group of players, i certainly dont think any benitez side would concede nearly 30 goals by the begining of november.
i`m not even seeing a progression, i actually think we looked more impressive early on in the season against city and united.

Brendan is setting out his stall so to speak and it's not going to happen overnight, you being a long-time supporter of this club and a highly intelligent man should know this. Yes we do have problems, yes things could be better, but I am seeing progress under Rodgers. We already look a much better team than last season. We seem in better shape going forward than we have been in three years.

Rodgers's philosophy won't be instilled straight away and over the coming transfer windows we will see Rodgers bring in the players that accompany his style. As for Benitez he's a great manager, but he seems to have put his management career on hold and has become a pundit on Skysports. I miss Benitez terribly, I believe with the right financial backing, Benitez would have taken us to numerous league titles and cup successes, but he's not here anymore. Rodgers is our manager and he receives my total support whilst our manager.

My only criticism of Rodgers is that sometimes the man needs to have some STFU juice. Apart from that the lads done good (so far...)
Boxscarf

Postby redtrader74 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:36 pm wrote:
Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:32 pm wrote:Yes that has been a monumental balls up by Rodgers and others at the club - but it's unfair to use that as a reason to constantly attack him. I'm a massive fan of Andy Carroll but he wasn't scoring for us, so he's hardly a lose is he? We'd still be in the same position with Carroll as we currently are without him.

:nod Getting professional players to pass the ball around to each other is NOT difficult, you find out how good they are when under pressure, hence the number of goals we have conceded. Only one SIDE in the world can play that way, and be successful, and thats Barca= Spain, as their players are technical enough. BR needs to utilize the players he has, at their best. Gerrard looks impotent as he wastes time with short passes, and no clinical striker in front of him for him to use his brilliant vision and killer passes. At this stage last year Kennys side was far more penetrative, and theirs no doubt that Rafa would have had better results with these players. BR is Unfortunatly out of his depth.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:10 pm

stmichael » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:46 pm wrote:just highlighted our problem even more. dominated for long spells but don't get anywhere near enough players in the penalty area. we can't rely on suarez to be both our main scorer and creator week in week out. he can't do it all.

with this 4-3-3 formation when we do commit midfield players to the attack it leaves us very exposed to counter attacks.
when teams do break on us our midfielders havent got the athleticism to get back goal side, infact it`s quite sad to see gerrard struggling to get back and floundering in the wake of breaking opposition players because in his day he was one of the quickest central midfield players i`ve ever seen.
allen has got many qualities but genuine pace isnt one of them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:25 pm

i'd seriously consider going three at the back in the coming weeks.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:34 pm

The original sin of not signing a striker comes back to bite us. At this stage not much we can do. pretty depressing that at this level of professional football critical errors are made.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:51 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:05 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 pm wrote:

Brendan is setting out his stall so to speak and it's not going to happen overnight, you being a long-time supporter of this club and a highly intelligent man should know this. Yes we do have problems, yes things could be better, but I am seeing progress under Rodgers. We already look a much better team than last season. We seem in better shape going forward than we have been in three years.

Rodgers's philosophy won't be instilled straight away and over the coming transfer windows we will see Rodgers bring in the players that accompany his style. As for Benitez he's a great manager, but he seems to have put his management career on hold and has become a pundit on Skysports. I miss Benitez terribly, I believe with the right financial backing, Benitez would have taken us to numerous league titles and cup successes, but he's not here anymore. Rodgers is our manager and he receives my total support whilst our manager.

My only criticism of Rodgers is that sometimes the man needs to have some STFU juice. Apart from that the lads done good (so far...)

highly intelligent? i think your getting me confused with someone else.
we all know rome wasnt built in a day but lets face it a team with the likes of suarez, sahin, gerrard, agger, sterling, skrtel, lucas, allen etc in it shouldnt be 2 points away from 4th from bottom a quarter of the way through the season.
we should be conceding near 30 goals by the begining of november either.
i`m starting to have doubts wether he will deliver us a title winning side even if he is given a decade, all this talk of signing walcott and being so dismissive of carroll i wonder if he`s living in the real world.
to win the title in england you need a blend of power and skill, it`s an attritional, relentless league and there are times when you have to roll your sleeves up and dig out results, i`m not convinced rodgers blueprint of 5 foot something players is the way forward.
i dont want liverpool to be an arsenal or even a swansea who people pat on the back and praise for playing great football while the likes of united and chelsea pick up the trophy`s.
all the great sides of the last 40 years could all mix it, would brendan rodgers sign a roy keane? andy gray? graeme sharpe? billy bremner? mark hughes? john toshack? tommy smith? jimmy case? joe jordan? jack charlton? etc
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games