Thanks rafa - No, honestly i mean it.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:51 pm

Rafa is a top-notch manager, no doubt about it. Rafa signing with us has cleared up the dark skies that have been over our heads while Houllier was here.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:32 am

cisses_gona_get_ya, you can't argue against maurinho who has won all domestic honours with Porto, in successive years (I think he did the domestic double last year although the Portugese league only has 2 or 3 strong teams), and also winning the UEFA Cup and the CL also in successive years with a team that had a tiny budget compared to the manures, the Real Madrids, the AC Milans etc.

He had quite a bit of luck as Monaco did most of the hard work, knocking out bigger teams and with Berlusconi virtually ensuring AC Milan getting beaten by Deportivo (4-0, no less) by insisting that Ancelotti plays with 3 strikers in that game, but Porto did beat Manure. Deportivo and a host of other clubs.

He is a very clever but a bit self-centred man.

Rafa prefers a defensive looking formation (4-5-1) but his teams are very compact and press out the opposition. Valencia were very good defensively but not a defensive team outwardly, unlike Porto and now Chelsea.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion