Optimism: Looking at the positives..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:31 pm

I think FSG were hoping for too much from Rogers in the sense that they wanted him to

1) Trim the squad and bring in a new faces
2) Get what was left of the squad playing a better more attractive style of football

To some extent he has done that but it's clear as day we are lacking someone who finish things in the final 3rd. Having said that I also think Suarez needs to start taking his chances more but we shouldn't be looking to him alone for goals. The positives are there but we are lacking a few key components so until we get those it's going to undermine the whole project and no doubt bring critisism on the manager.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Hustler » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:12 pm

Well, its Young Boys away in the Europa this week. Lets see what line up it is.
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:30 pm

tubby » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:31 pm wrote:I think FSG were hoping for too much from Rogers in the sense that they wanted him to

2) Get what was left of the squad playing a better more attractive style of football

To some extent he has done that but it's clear as day we are lacking someone who finish things in the final 3rd. Having said that I also think Suarez needs to start taking his chances more but we shouldn't be looking to him alone for goals. The positives are there but we are lacking a few key components so until we get those it's going to undermine the whole project and no doubt bring critisism on the manager.

thing is mate everyone is saying in a matter of fact manner that all we need is a goalscorer, like they grow on tree`s or something.
i`m sure when rodgers spent 11 million quid on borini he thought he was going some way to addressing that particular problem.
i think rodgers has made mistakes (a lot of them tbh) but there are some positives, one being that his teams do play decent footy, i`d much rather watch a rodgers team than a hodgson or houllier side. he`s prepared to give young players a chance too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:32 pm

tubby » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:31 pm wrote:I think FSG were hoping for too much from Rogers in the sense that they wanted him to

Thanks for that
I feel much better now
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby The Hustler » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:36 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:32 pm wrote:

Thanks for that
I feel much better now

Major WUM !!
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby eds » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:49 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:30 pm wrote:
tubby » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:31 pm wrote: he`s prepared to give young players a chance too.

Does he really have a choice?  :D

Haha, in all honesty that has probably been the one highlights of the season so far, seeing some youngsters get decent amount of game time.

How much money have we lost over the last few years on rubbish 'cheap' players were if we had played our younger 'stars' we could have developed them and saved on the transfer and wages dosh.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:54 pm

The Hustler » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:36 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:32 pm wrote:

Thanks for that
I feel much better now

Major WUM !!

If I'm a Major you're a five star General
:rasp
Thommo's perm

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion