Positives

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:14 pm

my uncle awesome knew about keegan, fecking curbs ruined it all for me!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:59 pm

dawson99 wrote:my uncle awesome knew about keegan, fecking curbs ruined it all for me!!!

Thank feck I never took your tip at 5/2 for him to get sacked!
Would of been a row! :D
Are you really sure your uncle is'nt called Albert?
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:40 pm

It will turn out that 32.5 million robinho will be a flop for man city whereas the man city reject our reira will be a success and we'll win the league...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:47 pm

joint top scorers Flora and N'Gog !!!!   :D
JoeTerp

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:53 pm

dawson99 wrote:my uncle awesome knew about keegan, fecking curbs ruined it all for me!!!

Daws remember what i said about Curbishly ages ago. Rumblings since then
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:03 pm

I have a gut feeling that the DIC takeover will finish before we play the manc's and the joy it brings with spur on the team to get a massive 7-0 win , we will go on to be unbeaten till end of season and sign Kaka , Messi and Van Da vart in Jan.

Then win 17 more titles at which point gerrard will become primeminister and England will win 4 world cups in row and we will make first contact with aliens and world peace will happen.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:21 pm

we beat the mancs after going behind without our two best players - second in league only on goal difference - still
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:54 pm

GYBS wrote:we beat the mancs after going behind without our two best players - second in league only on goal difference - still

Well, when you put it that way...  :buttrock
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:44 pm

I was tempted to open a new thread, but perhaps it's too early, so I recovered this thread of positives.

2 Liverpool 6 4 2 0 7 2 14

Some mates were quick to spot that we are scoring less than the other teams in the table, and that's fair enough, it was obvious our up front pair weren't on fire.

But, and that's the positive I want to highlight, we've conceded only 2 goals in 6 games. Less than anybody. And we have played against Manchester and Everton away. There were doubts in the summer I think about the defence. Now of course conceding only 2 is the merit of not only the back four, but the question is, have we recovered that lost defensive solidness we lacked last season? So far, so it seems, and that's as important as scoring to win the league.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:06 pm

If nothing else, this month needs to be savoured for the fact that we beat both of our two biggest rivals in convincing fashion for the first time in ages.  Whether this season brings us Number 19, brings us wonderfully close or leaves us ultimately disappointed again who can say?  All I know is that, after a worrying start, I'm really starting to enjoy the ride now. :nod
Last edited by Bad Bob on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:17 pm

Sabre wrote:I was tempted to open a new thread, but perhaps it's too early, so I recovered this thread of positives.

2 Liverpool 6 4 2 0 7 2 14

Some mates were quick to spot that we are scoring less than the other teams in the table, and that's fair enough, it was obvious our up front pair weren't on fire.

But, and that's the positive I want to highlight, we've conceded only 2 goals in 6 games. Less than anybody. And we have played against Manchester and Everton away. There were doubts in the summer I think about the defence. Now of course conceding only 2 is the merit of not only the back four, but the question is, have we recovered that lost defensive solidness we lacked last season? So far, so it seems, and that's as important as scoring to win the league.

Our defensive solidity certainly seems to have returned, mate.  Interestingly, we've been playing a 4-4-2 for much of the season as well, and Mascherano has missed several of those games, so it's not down to an overly defensive formation heavy on the defensive central midfielders.

The funny thing is, I can comfortably say that I'd happily replace 3 of our present back 4, no bother (or at least I would have if Finnan was still here)!  It would seem, however, that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts...which Mick will no doubt chalk up to a marked decrease in styling (and probably rightly so). :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:47 pm

The funny thing is, I can comfortably say that I'd happily replace 3 of our present back 4, no bother (or at least I would have if Finnan was still here)!  It would seem, however, that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts...

It's not funny it's interesting. I'd also play happily with Arbeloa Carra Agger Aurelio. (And Arbeloa isn't the RB of my dreams)

I think that the key is not the men we have selected in the back four, but that we're losing the ball in positions where the opposition can do less harm to us later. I also have seen a very good intensity in our pressing. Countless "2 against 1" that made our opposition struggle in their creation line.

Whether if doing less mistakes of losing the ball in dangerous positions is up to the "style" or not, perhaps it could be discussed in the rotation thread.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:49 pm

Liverpool 6 3  3  9 2 12   last season after 6 games
Liverpool 6 4 2 0 7 2 14  this season after 6 games

To be honest the main difference for me between last season and this season is we don't seem as "brittle" this season. We seem much more resilient than I remember early last season.
account deleted by request

Postby GYBS » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:11 pm

Still only seprated from top spot by goal difference, came back from 2 down to beat city , torres scoring freely and two wins out of two in the CL.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:56 pm

The positives are we now not only have the best manager in Europe ,tactically we now have a manager capable of turning Premiership games into vital victories ,after they seemingly were lost causes ,it seems Benitez uses the first halves of games as a template to discover the opposing teams weaknesses and is exploiting them perfectly
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion