Positives

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:21 pm

There seems to be a lot of negativity around at the moment and can understand to certain extents why that is but lets here some positives

1.We have some world class players at the club

Gerrard
Masher
Torres
Pepe

Plus some high quality players

Carra
Agger
Skittles
Xabi
Babel
Kuyt
Keane

some solid players

Aurelio
Arbeloa

Some players that may well turn out to be great for us

Dossena
Ngog
Riera
Lucas
Degen

2. Our youngsters look like they have some outstanding potential

Nemeth
Pacheco
Insua
Spearing
plus many more

3. We are Second in the league despite not playing well at the moment and despite not having the transfer funds of others and having :censored: owners

4. Our performances can only get better we always do

5. We are in the group stages off the CL

6. It seems its possible that DIC may well finally get us .

7. We got rid of voronin
:D

8.Still got the best set of fans in the world
Any more ? and lease try and keep it positive
Last edited by GYBS on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:19 pm

GYBS wrote:6. It seems its possible that DIC may well finally get us .

7. We got rid of voronin

Those two are key...I just hope the DIC one also comes true.

We need them!!
mkingdom

Postby dawson99 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:20 pm

we're not newcastle, biggest positive i can see:D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:21 pm

++++++++++

There you go, there's some positives. I hope LFC's bank balance is as positive.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:25 pm

GYBS wrote:Plus some high quality players

Babel

Please tell me where Babel has proved to be high quality.

Dont go on about his cross against Standard Liege, it was only a cross for god's sake.
Nor mention the pen against Arsenal in the Champs League, seriously how can that
be deemed as "top quality" play?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shakey » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:29 pm

GYBS wrote:There seems to be a lot of negativity around at the moment and can understand to certain extents why that is but lets here some positives

1.We have some world class players at the club

Gerrard
Masher
Torres
Pepe

Plus some high quality players

Carra
Agger
Skittles
Xabi
Babel
Kuyt
Keane

some solid players

Aurelio
Arbeloa

Some players that may well turn out to be great for us

Dossena
Ngog
Riera
Lucas
Degen

2. Our youngsters look like they have some outstanding potential

Nemeth
Pacheco
Insua
Spearing
plus many more

3. We are Second in the league despite not playing well at the moment and despite not having the transfer funds of others and having :censored: owners

4. Our performances can only get better we always do

5. We are in the group stages off the CL

6. It seems its possible that DIC may well finally get us .

7. We got rid of voronin
:D

8.Still got the best set of fans in the world
Any more ? and lease try and keep it positive

Thanks for that post,i really needed that after all thats happening,ie Blue mancs etc
:bowdown
shakey

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:31 pm

There are none apparently , might aswell throw meself under the next train to Hunts Cross. Bye Bye then , it's been emotional. :down:
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:31 pm

Effes wrote:

Babel

Dont go on about his cross against Standard Liege, it was only a cross for god's sake.
Nor mention the pen against Arsenal in the Champs League, seriously how can that

there is plenty of threads on the boards about babel and his quality - not going to go on about it once again on this thread. its for what people think are positives about the club at the moment - i think the guy has some greta ability and show us some great qualities just need to hone them and push on with some consistency.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:33 pm

I think the only posative is that Gerrard didnt leave a few years ago otherwise we wouldnt even be in the Champions League this year. If/when Rafa gets the sack im sure Pepe will follow him. And if we continue down this shitty trend its only a matter of time before our other good players are sold.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:39 pm

bavlondon wrote:I think the only posative is that Gerrard didnt leave a few years ago otherwise we wouldnt even be in the Champions League this year. If/when Rafa gets the sack im sure Pepe will follow him. And if we continue down this shitty trend its only a matter of time before our other good players are sold.

Good point about Rafa and Pepe

Another positibve is the fact because we have rafa we were able to get players like torres masher and pepe - as all three have stated that it was rafa that persuaded them to join the club .

So havinig Rafa is another positive for me
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedEire » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:41 pm

You have to wonder why a player such Reina would leave if/when Rafa goes?? Is it because he likes the man or does he actually think that Rafa is a good/great manager and would rather leave a club like LFC if Rafa was not in charge??  Everyone is having a dig at Rafa, and in some case rightly so, but i have yet to hear one bad word about him from the people that matter - the players.  Every new signing we have made in the last year, i all stated that cannot wait to play for Rafa and train under him.  Again why is that ??  Like everyone else i get p!ssed off with some of the decisions Rafa makes regarding team selection and playing players out of position however, it seems unfair to blame Rafa for all our failings so far. 
Players making basic school boy errors like missing tackles and poor control/touch, lack of movement by players - we can all see Rafa waving his arms on the sideline and gesticulating to his players to do certain things - if the players dont do that - what can he do apart from take them off.  I think the players need to stand up and be counted and pay back the club, the manager and the fans the support they are given day in day out.  Perfect game V Manure to do it - go out and play your heart out - give it all.  While i will be majorly
p!ssed off if we lose this game, BUT we play well, with skill and determination and some good football (even a few shots on target), then I will accept that we have been beat by better team (or luckier team) and will have something to believe in for the rest of the season.  ???
RedEire

Postby Sabre » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:44 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:There are none apparently , might aswell throw meself under the next train to Hunts Cross. Bye Bye then , it's been emotional. :down:

There are worse things than reaching CL finals and having a pair of cúnts as chairman.

You might aswell have another local club, relegated, with a cúnt as a chairman and without a fúcking penny  :D Cheer up!

For me, one of the most positive things I see is that our important players want to stay. Even Alonso, who hasn't received total support from Rafa isn't wishing to leave Anfield. Mascherano wants to stay, Torres wants to stay, Gerrard want to stay.

I think all of them are demanding professionals that wouldn't want to stay if they wouldn't see chances to win silverware here, so that is comforting to me.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:47 pm

Thats a great positive post RedEire
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby faldo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:00 pm

Effes wrote:

Babel

in terms of young talent i thought babel was something special before he came to us. apparently he had a bag of tricks and step overs in the under 21 competition.
faldo

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:09 pm

new signing Flora video

only a video but the lad looks a decent prospect.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion