Penalties

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:05 am

Is it just me or is it that we just dont take on enough defenders in the box to get a pen?
Against Deportivo and charlton cisse, baros, garcia, even pongolle, could have tried more in the box and ran at defenders ecspecially against deportivo cause they seemed to have at times 12 men in front of the goal.
Or is it that our players dont want to be classed as cheats or divers or scared of injury?
Or is this  a Benitez tactic and he believes the players should be able to score without playing for pens?
The scum have won most of there games for years on pens.
I think this tactic dirty or not will have to be brought into effect at some stage as when we come against the likes of deportivo spurs and so fourth and these teams just defend you have no other option.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:58 am

To be fair I think Baros is always eager to get into the box (albeit head-down with his blinkers on) but I know what you mean about the rest. I think we'll see Cisse doin it  lot more if and when he gets into some kind of routine with baros. As for Garcia I couldn't give a monkeys if he never gets into the box as long as he keeps bangin them in from 25 yds

Remember they used to say that playing in front of the Kop was equal to a goal head-start? It's the same now at the sh*te cos they'll get a penalty, its only a matter of at what point in the match. It's the same with injury time - Ferguson decides how much there's gonna be
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion