NEWCASTLE Vs LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:46 pm

sgs » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:35 pm wrote:
The same Scott Parker failed miserably at Chelsea. Bellamy failed to settle in his first stint at LFC.

But see what time and experience has done to them....

Then surely that signals to the fact that we should be signing experienced players over hot prospects and then throwing them in at the deep end to try and justify their ridiculous price tags?
Boxscarf

Postby only me » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:46 pm

First game this season i didn't watch. Thought we would win but probably didn't find it important enough to ditch work. All that dreamed of CL league football got a massive sealed final stamp on their forehead that we are a middtable team with a deficient squad of players and one carling cup.

We lack speed creativity leadership and managment.

Our stables requires a massive cleanup (Release Carra ,Johnson ,Adam ,Hendo ,Maxi ,Kuyt ,Carrol and probably a few more) and a proffesional buildup (If Kenny stays he needs a stronger assistents).

Good thing - we are one FA cup from a wonderfull year :)
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Why on earth do you want to sell Glen Johnson? He's been very good for us this season.
Boxscarf

Postby sgs » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:46 pm wrote:
sgs » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:35 pm wrote:
The same Scott Parker failed miserably at Chelsea. Bellamy failed to settle in his first stint at LFC.

But see what time and experience has done to them....

Then surely that signals to the fact that we should be signing experienced players over hot prospects and then throwing them in at the deep end to try and justify their ridiculous price tags?

It depends on what ur objectives are. Scott Parker would not be a good option for LFC with Lucas fit, as I seriously doubt he would want to play 2nd fiddle. The answer n the experience v young prospect divide lies somewhere in between. Its about getting the balance right I think...

I think in the CM/DM role we need to sign Seidou Keita from Barca...which in turn would give Spearing (and perhaps Jonjo) a much longer learning curve to travel...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby only me » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:47 pm wrote:Why on earth do you want to sell Glen Johnson? He's been very good for us this season.

I knew that was coming  :)  I'm measuring his contribution through out his carreer at Liverpool ,and he is a highlight player meaning when he performs it's highlight for the scrapbook but most of the time ,he is a terrible defender ,problematic mentality , poor motivation and in my impression just a plain ol'e stupid player.

I would rather trade this "Star" of us and get a consistent hardworking player ,which is also less inclined to injuries. Simple tradeoff.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:13 pm

Daglish needs to go together with most of the team.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Kukilon » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:13 pm wrote:Daglish needs to go together with most of the team.

What an utter disgrace, at least learn how to spell our managers name properly.
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:16 pm

only me » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:59 pm wrote:
I knew that was coming  :)  I'm measuring his contribution through out his carreer at Liverpool ,and he is a highlight player meaning when he performs it's highlight for the scrapbook but most of the time ,he is a terrible defender ,problematic mentality , poor motivation and in my impression just a plain ol'e stupid player.

I would rather trade this "Star" of us and get a consistent hardworking player ,which is also less inclined to injuries. Simple tradeoff.

Had this been October 2010, I'd have agreed with you, but Johnson has come on leaps and bounds over the 15 months. He is performing consistently well and is a good player. Granted I'd like to see him pushed up on the right flank and have someone of Arbeloa's quality behind him, I don't think he's the weak link in our defence at all.
Boxscarf

Postby redbilly60 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:18 pm

Breaking News from Sky Sports
Liverpool Goalkeeper Pepe Reina says butting someone or attempting to do so is a way of a greeting in Spain, A statement from Liverpool FC says " "We will all be wearing Pepe Reina is innocent T-shirts at the next game v Aston Villa

You Gotta Laugh  :eyebrow
redbilly60
LFC Basic Member

Postby mart » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:19 pm

only me » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:46 pm wrote:
Our stables requires a massive cleanup (Release Carra ,Johnson ,Adam ,Hendo ,Maxi ,Kuyt ,Carrol and probably a few more) and a proffesional buildup (If Kenny stays he needs a stronger assistents).

Good thing - we are one FA cup from a wonderfull year :)

The only ones i can see leaving from that list is Kuyt and Maxi.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:23 pm

redbilly60 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:18 pm wrote:Breaking News from Sky Sports
Liverpool Goalkeeper Pepe Reina says butting someone or attempting to do so is a way of a greeting in Spain, A statement from Liverpool FC says " "We will all be wearing Pepe Reina is innocent T-shirts at the next game v Aston Villa

yeah hilarious. bet you're enjoying this aren't you? muppet.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redbilly60 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:28 pm

stmichael » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:23 pm wrote:
redbilly60 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:18 pm wrote:Breaking News from Sky Sports

yeah hilarious. bet you're enjoying this aren't you? muppet.

Now why would I be enjoying this? The team I have supported for 40 years are the laughing stock of the league I am deeply depressed. I guess you are not a scouser because if you were you would have a sense of humour one of the great traits of being a scouser is the ability to laugh even in the darkest of times. As for "Muppet" very original  :laugh:
Last edited by redbilly60 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redbilly60
LFC Basic Member

Postby Kukilon » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:31 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:15 pm wrote:
Kukilon » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:13 pm wrote:Daglish needs to go together with most of the team.

What an utter disgrace, at least learn how to spell our managers name properly.

Daglish Daglish Daglish Daglish. My spelling might be ***** but the same goes for our performances.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:00 pm

didnt see the match but read this thread and from the few football posts i gather it was the same old story again.
its becoming clear though that we have a real problem somewhere.i dont know whether its down to confidence,lack of ability or decent players or maybe its down to the management but something has to give.it seems that the morale within the team isnt there either and they are at rock bottom.
if this woeful form continues till the end of the season then i really doubt fsg will offload most of what they spent last year and it might be cheaper to just replace kenny.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:43 pm

:(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games