GUANGDONG SUNRAY CAVE VS LIVERPOOL - 13th July 13.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Raoul » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:42 pm

There is sure to be a US tour soon.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Raoul wrote:
Reg wrote:Those seats look a 50 bob bus ride from the pitch.... :(

Yep. As far as I know there is no dedicated football stadium here. A shame, but beggars can't be choosers. Just good to see the team, and take my wife and kids along.

I was gonna comment on the running track but Reg has beaten me to it  :p

You're right about the half empty stadium as well, looks like a fair few empty seats there. I can see why Spurs wanted rid of the running track now if they got the Olympic Stadium
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ethanr » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Raoul wrote:There is sure to be a US tour soon.

I was hoping and even expecting one this summer tbh.  I thought now that FSG has taken over they could attack the American market in areas they knew would be productive.  I was sure they'd play a game in or near Boston.  I'm hoping next summer will bring the to the states, and as soon as it's announced I'll be buying tickets.

Actually heading halfway across the states on Monday to watch Newcastle play with my brother.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Raoul » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:49 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Raoul wrote:

Yep. As far as I know there is no dedicated football stadium here. A shame, but beggars can't be choosers. Just good to see the team, and take my wife and kids along.

I was gonna comment on the running track but Reg has beaten me to it  :p

You're right about the half empty stadium as well, looks like a fair few empty seats there. I can see why Spurs wanted rid of the running track now if they got the Olympic Stadium

Yeah, imagine playing for West Ham. In the Championship. With your lovely new Olympic Stadium only quarter-filled. And the few fans that are there, so far away you can barely even hear 'em.

:D  :D  :D
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:58 pm

Raoul wrote:

Thats true mate. I took my 2 boys to their first Liverpool game last christmas.. when we lost to Wolves at Anfield.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:03 pm

Reg wrote:
Raoul wrote:

Thats true mate. I took my 2 boys to their first Liverpool game last christmas.. when we lost to Wolves at Anfield.

Merry Christmas!!

love, Roy

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:06 pm

Guangdong 3 Liverpool 4: match report   13 Jul 2011

Charlie Adam made his debut off the bench as Liverpool opened their pre-season campaign with a narrow victory over Guangdong Sunray Cave in China.

Two goals in quick succession from Christian Poulsen and David Ngog midway through the first half put Kenny Dalglish's side in control and youngster Conor Coady grabbed a third in the second half after Guangdong had pulled one back.

When Andy Carroll netted five minutes from time, that looked to be that, but there was still time for the hosts to make it a tight finish with two well-taken goals. The visitors dominated the early stages, with Ngog seeing his shot blocked by keeper Yu Yongzhe, and they took the lead in the 19th minute when Joe Cole's deep cross was tucked away by an unmarked Poulsen.

Less than three minutes later Liverpool doubled their lead through Ngog, who seized on Jonjo Shelvey's pass before sliding his shot under the keeper.
Dani Pacheco should have made it three but shot past the post from 10 yards out, and Guangdong slowly began to come into the match.

Peter Gulacsi just managed to prevent Mahama Awal's shot going through his legs and into the net, but the Reds keeper was beaten in first half injury time by a powerful header from Ricardo Steer.

Dalglish changed his entire team at half-time, sending on former Blackpool midfielder Adam plus the likes of Carroll, Dirk Kuyt and Alberto Aquilani.

Adam showed off his range of passing but Liverpool found themselves on the back foot for much of the second half and it was against the run of play when 18-year-old Coady drilled in their third in the 72nd minute.

Carroll had set up his young team-mate, and he then got on the scoresheet himself with a deflected finish from Maxi Rodriguez's pass.

Guangdong kept battling and got their reward with Lu Lin's lovely curling finish in the 90th minute, which was swiftly followed by another stylish effort from Yin Hongbo, who comprehensively beat Daniel Agger before firing into the corner, but Liverpool held on.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Reg wrote:
Raoul wrote:

me and my son went to that, he is just 13 now but i was scared i would have frightened him off for good.

He said we were unlucky and deserved to win  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:01 pm

ethanr wrote:
Raoul wrote:There is sure to be a US tour soon.

I was hoping and even expecting one this summer tbh.  I thought now that FSG has taken over they could attack the American market in areas they knew would be productive.  I was sure they'd play a game in or near Boston.  I'm hoping next summer will bring the to the states, and as soon as it's announced I'll be buying tickets.

Actually heading halfway across the states on Monday to watch Newcastle play with my brother.

Whatever they do next season they will have to fit it around the far east tour.

It's all well and good attacking new markets like USA but even the US pails into insignificance when you accept the Market size of the far east.

The far east are emerging markets and will ALWAYS be priority for preseason
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:51 am

ethanr wrote:Actually heading halfway across the states on Monday to watch Newcastle play with my brother.

:D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:23 am

Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:17 pm

Roger Red Hat wrote:Image

turns out something good does come from these friendlies afterall

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Roger Red Hat wrote:Image

turns out something good does come from these friendlies afterall

They progressively get worse looking from left to right.   :D