Liverpool vs west ham - 27-02-11

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:09 pm

Good assessment Scott, I agree about the intensity yesterday, they closed us down very well and didn't let us have any time on the ball. I agree about Wilson, I don't think he is ready yet, maybe he will improve when he gets older but right now he shouldn't be on the team sheet
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:37 pm

A Good hammering by the Hammers, however it was very much expected, since the awful performances of Wigan game and the two European games as well, our average players were showing their true colour, whom they are only capable of producing one good performance at a ratio of 1 in 6 games, one good one and six rubbish,  the team was a total on non-existing whatsoever, they were pushed a side by an very average hard working West Ham side, they had it so easy against our average stars players, it was Only Wilson, Cole, Suarez and Kelly had stood out, the rest were so rubbish. God helps us for next Sunday game.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
algymoon

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:14 pm

algymoon wrote:A Good hammering by the Hammers, however it was very much expected, since the awful performances of Wigan game and the two European games as well, our average players were showing their true colour, whom they are only capable of producing one good performance at a ratio of 1 in 6 games, one good one and six rubbish,  the team was a total on non-existing whatsoever, they were pushed a side by an very average hard working West Ham side, they had it so easy against our average stars players, it was Only Wilson, Cole, Suarez and Kelly had stood out, the rest were so rubbish. God helps us for next Sunday game.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Who broke your bleedin' crayons, mate ?  :oh:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby dawson99 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
algymoon wrote:A Good hammering by the Hammers, however it was very much expected, since the awful performances of Wigan game and the two European games as well, our average players were showing their true colour, whom they are only capable of producing one good performance at a ratio of 1 in 6 games, one good one and six rubbish,  the team was a total on non-existing whatsoever, they were pushed a side by an very average hard working West Ham side, they had it so easy against our average stars players, it was Only Wilson, Cole, Suarez and Kelly had stood out, the rest were so rubbish. God helps us for next Sunday game.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Who broke your bleedin' crayons, mate ?  :oh:

Scott Parker
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:47 pm

algymoon wrote:it was Only Wilson, Cole, Suarez and Kelly had stood out, the rest were so rubbish. God helps us for next Sunday

Wilson stood out? Sorry pal but if you think Wilson was one of our better players on the pitch yesterday then it's difficult to take the rest of your post seriously. He had an absolute nightmare.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:18 am

Another week, the same old story............we as a club have never been comfortable to beat the cannon fodder sides for the last 20 f**king years!

We saw it with Hodgson, we saw it with Benitez, with Houllier, Evans, Souness...........INCONSISTENCY every season like a yo-yo.

I hate hearing our fans go on about how well they played, blah-blah, we should NOT be losing to teams that will be plying their trade in the Coca League next season FFS.........PERIOD!

As much as we hate Manure, they play s**t some weeks but still are able to pull results out of their f**king ar.se.s week in, week out.

I am completely perpluxed at how their average side is sitting comfortable on top of the league, yet...........AGAIN!!!!!

Dalglish needs to install a winning mentality into the lads, we can only do that by bringing in top CLASS players at the end of the season.

It's as obvious as a hole on a wooden canoe that our defence needs to be bolstered, Carragher is on his last legs, Skittels and the Greek are rubbish, Agger and Aurelio spend more time on the injury table then playing and
Wilson and Kelly are too young to have some much burden placed on them to perform week in, week out. We have to go out now and spend quid on a solid, reliable FIRST ELEVEN central defender. No more young ins', no more 1m - 2m "bargin bin" buys, we need a beast at the back now that Sami is gone and Carragher approaches retirement.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:05 am

eds wrote:Dalglish needs to install a winning mentality into the lads, we can only do that by bringing in top CLASS players at the end of the season.

surely just buying in a world class team isn't the same as installing a winning mentality? it's one or the other init?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:24 am

Roger Red Hat wrote:
eds wrote:Dalglish needs to install a winning mentality into the lads, we can only do that by bringing in top CLASS players at the end of the season.

surely just buying in a world class team isn't the same as installing a winning mentality? it's one or the other init?

I was thinking that  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:52 am

2 options the way I see it ...

1. Install a winning mentality into our team
or
2. By a world class squad

However, a handful of world class players + get shut of deadwood + installing winning mentality is probably what Eds meant. :blues:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cptrios » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Roger Red Hat wrote:2 options the way I see it ...

1. Install a winning mentality into our team
or
2. By a world class squad

However, a handful of world class players + get shut of deadwood + installing winning mentality is probably what Eds meant. :blues:

I think getting rid of the deadwood plus one or two new world-class players is indeed the way to go.

One thing is that I would MUCH rather see us playing potentially mediocre youth players from our own academy (Pacheco, Spearing, Suso, Sterling, even Wilson) with the chance of having them turn out well, than have us continue to sign mediocre players of the older, makeweight variety (Jovanovic, Poulsen, Skrtel, Ngog [yes I know he's not old], etc) and play them week in and week out. Keeping these guys around and not giving the youngsters a chance (one reason that I feel horrible for Shelvey) is the equivalent of renting a shabby apartment. We're spending the same money (losing the same games) but investing nothing in the future.
cptrios

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games