How players are we short of winning the league

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Effes » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:56 pm

Sky Sports website claims Marseille Chairman will try and get Cisse on loan.
Probably more :censored:
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:03 pm

WTF is erik edman,
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:06 pm

mighty mo wrote:WTF is erik edman,

40 yarder at Anfield.
Watched closely by Dudek.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:27 pm

Iamheretoplease wrote:38 games a season. So far we havent gone to Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Bolton. We have played 14 games and we have already twice.

To win the league you can lose a minimum of 2 games. So we have to go ona heck of a run to get close to chelsea. but with the players we have we all know hand on our heart that we dont have enough quality.

Hand on your heart if we were to win the league in the next three years how many players do you think would be in that team that are present today.

i say 4 - gerrard, alonso, carragher and reina.

garcia - goes missing in away games.
morientes - goes missing for 60 mins.
crouch - i would take a toni or iquinta any day of the week.

oh and please buy Ballack.

So you think that only four of our players are fit to wear the shirt?
Is that what you mean??
What do you want a team full of superstars and big household names or a team that can play together and work their balls off for eachother?
Are you aware what Raffa done at Valencia and the squad he had to work with?
Real Madrid are a prime example of why buying the big names is a bad idea!
By the sounds of your post you want us to be another Chelsea! :no
66-1120597113

Postby tommycockles » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:22 pm

i normally stay out of these types of topics and leave people to have their own opinions- but what the :censored: is this knob on about- i've read two topics he's started and both smack of a chelski fan!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:44 pm

Iamheretoplease wrote:crouch - i would take a toni or iquinta any day of the week.

Peter Crouch is probably the number one reason why we are better this year.

He has his problems in front of goal (which will change, now that he's off the mark) but Crouchy was never going to be a 20 goal a season player.

Look at what he brings to the team. We can hit it long to him and he can head it on to a team mate. In that respect there is hardly a player in the world that can beat Crouch to a high ball if Crouch is on his game. Not only can we hit it long to him but we can also hit it short into his feet. Crouch has excellent control and can retain possession well, bringing other players into the game.

How many players out there can you hit the ball to both long and short?

Crouch unsettles defenders. Betis couldn't handle him at all, and he dominated Chelsea's centre halves in the Champions League tie.

He can pass the ball, has some common sense, and he's a hard working honest lad. That means a lot.

Crouch isn't great when things get tight in around the six yard box when the ball is zipping around as his lack of mobility is a problem then. He cannot swivel on a loose ball in a crowded box like a Van Nistlerooy, Owen or Crespo. However, that was never part of Crouch's game. Crouch's game is based on receiving ball in or about the edge of the box and feeding others. Steven Gerrard will break the 15 goal mark for us this season and many of these goals will arise from him running on to knockdowns from Crouchie.

If Djbril Cisse was half a decent player he would be having a field day. Cisse has some serious flaws as a player and still has 11 goals: many of which involved Crouch in some shape or another.

Think what will happen when Rafa eventually unearths a goalscorer.

I never rated Crouch in the past but thats because I saw him as a freak. However, I was guilty of judging a book by its cover and now that I see Crouch playing week in, week out, I like what I see.

Crouch is a decent player. What is more he seems to be a smashing lad, and the real fans have seen this and have taken the lad close to their hearts.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:48 pm

Hes a bluenose, made a topic about Wools and Norwiegens being in Liverpool. Saying Limey is always chocker on a saturday.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:49 pm

Agree JBG - Crouch's workrate has been excellent.  One of these day's Nando/Cisse et al will realise that he will win 95% of the balls coming into him, and then anticipate this.  They are starting to anticipate the odd knock down - but not enough.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:52 pm

Iamheretoplease wrote:38 games a season. So far we havent gone to Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Bolton. We have played 14 games and we have already twice.

To win the league you can lose a minimum of 2 games. So we have to go ona heck of a run to get close to chelsea. but with the players we have we all know hand on our heart that we dont have enough quality.

Hand on your heart if we were to win the league in the next three years how many players do you think would be in that team that are present today.

LOL

And another comedian joins the forum :laugh:

Welcome :rasp
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:54 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:

So you think that only four of our players are fit to wear the shirt?
Is that what you mean??
What do you want a team full of superstars and big household names or a team that can play together and work their balls off for eachother?
Are you aware what Raffa done at Valencia and the squad he had to work with?
Real Madrid are a prime example of why buying the big names is a bad idea!
By the sounds of your post you want us to be another Chelsea! :no

SPOT ON Barry MATE, well said.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:32 pm

I don't think this is a bluenose numpty, just a clueless fecker whose been playing Champions Manager too much.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:37 pm

Dimshen wrote:does that mean el_stinger, A.B, woof, you think we have the players to win the league now? out of interest, how many players do you think we need to achieve? (re-asking the question)

No of course not, but unless he has a crystal ball he has no idea whether we will win the league title in two seasons from now.

This squad is far from complete but Ballack is a player we really don't need. He's an excellent player but we already have 4 central midfielders and theres no need for another.

Luca Toni has done well for Fiorentina but thats just this season, and he's probably just seen him play via highlights. Crespo scored 26 goals in 32 games for AS Roma[i believe] but he's harldy scored anywhere near that much in the Premiership or for AC Milan last season.

Zambrotta is also a great player but why would he leave Juventus? And he'd cost an arm and a leg.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:32 pm

A.B. wrote:Crespo scored 26 goals in 32 games for AS Roma[i believe] but he's harldy scored anywhere near that much in the Premiership or for AC Milan last season.

I think it was either at Lazio or Parma, AB, although I cannot remember which. His goalscoring for Parma was exceptional.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:39 pm

A.B. wrote:I don't think this is a bluenose numpty,

A.B. he had about 6 topics locked today  :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion