Fa balls up - Whats going on?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Fri May 06, 2005 5:23 pm

The owner of the welsh champions has offered to play in play-off with us.. if we the scenario comes up.. if the right financial package was arrived at.. we could get in this way .. bring shame on the FA.. for not bacjing the winners..

..once again the winning mentality is frowned upon by the FA... agree with Leone completely..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Fri May 06, 2005 5:30 pm

Scottbot wrote:Hey GreenRed. long time no see on here :D

Yeah mate,ive been off breeding huskeys in the Yukon for a bit,but im back now :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri May 06, 2005 5:44 pm

UEFA's own rules clearly state that if Liverpool were to win the Champions League final but then fail to finish 4th in the Premier League, they could be entered into next season's competition with the team that finishes 4th dropping into the UEFA Cup, which is what the FA stated last year when Chelsea and Arsenal came face to face in the quarter-finals (see yesterday's KopTalk News).

Article 1.03 of Uefa's Champions League regulations says: "At the request of the national association concerned, the Uefa Champions League title-holders may be entered for this competition, as an additional representative of that association, if they have not qualified for the Uefa Champions League via the top domestic league championship.

"If, in such a case, the title-holders come from an association entitled to enter four teams for the Uefa Champions League, the fourth-placed club in the top domestic league championship has to be entered for the Uefa Cup."

All of this is annoying us because we just feel people will laugh in our faces if we were to be turned over by Milan because of all the fuss. Although it's not actually Liverpool FC kicking off, it sounds like we're expecting to win. Ok, we hope we do, but we have too much respect for the Italians. I hope you get what I'm trying to say here. In other words, I'd rather this had all been sorted months ago or it was sorted after the final if it needed to be.

There's no way that any club as holders of the European Cup (by winning it fair and square) should be denied the right to defend it. If we were to win it, I can guarantee you that we will defend it so I can't see why supporters are flapping. koptalk
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 06, 2005 7:01 pm

Lee J wrote:well if the only reason a top player wants to play for Liverpool is because we're a champions league side then I dont want that player at the club. We need players with the club at heart, not money grabbing nancy boys!
:angry:

well said matey.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 06, 2005 7:10 pm

All been said already, but the FA are mindless punks driven by money, Fergusen, Moris and Wenger. It wouldn't suprise me if ol' red nose whispered in their ears so his bunch of losers wouldn't get knocked out by us in the early stages!!!lol!!!! Seriously, though, it's like I said on another thread - in principal its the same as a team winning the FA cup, finishing 5th in the league, then being denied the right to enter the FA cup the following year. Absolute absurdety. And if rules are rules, why wasn't Cech red carded even though Garcia scored!?! And why was no further action taken against Moris when he admitted using technology to direct his scum against Munich? Funny that...! Up the 'pool!

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri May 06, 2005 7:52 pm

Hypocritical? FA go mute

The FA are refusing to make any comment after apparently being shown to be hypocrites in the row over Champions League eligibility.

Just hours after the English game's ruling body stated that Everton would qualify for next season's Champions League ahead of Liverpool even if Rafa Benitez's team win the competition in this month's final, it was demonstrated that their ruling was a complete reversal from the guidelines they issued when Chelski and Arsenal were faced with a similar predicament a year ago.

With the two London clubs meeting in the quarter-final of last season's Champions League, the FA published a ruling that indicated that either club would automatically qualify for the following year's competition even if they finished outside of the top four in the Premiership.

The article, published on March 10, 2004, stated: "Should Arsenal or Chelsea win the Champions League, they will automatically qualify for next season's competition, but England will not gain an extra Champions League place, even if they finish outside of the top four in the Premiership. In that scenario, the fourth-placed team in the Premiership will play in next season's Uefa Cup."

The statement has since been removed from the FA website, with the Soho Square bods refusing to make any public comment.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 06, 2005 8:08 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:I dont understand what your issue is, I knew years ago that the FA was a gang of spineless suits set on sucking up to whomsoever presents them with the best money spinning chances.

Look at it this way, if (big if, but if) we win the Champions League, we will be round town on the bus with the cup.

Everton will not have a parade round town with a big number 4.

Nor will they get an open top bus round town when they go out to Slovadan Libjiirecliskinski in the qualifiers.

It will also add to our myth if we win the Champions League and are not allowed to defend it. They must obviously be scared we will dominate it again.

:D  :bowdown
ISTANBULLLLLLLLLLLLL
ISTANBULLLLLLLLLLLLL
WHERE THE GREATEST TEAM
IN EUROPE AN WHERE GOIN TO ISTANBUL

Funny my bitter family said how come when we do something great you's always have to go one better
:D Imagine comparing 4th to the  CL final :laugh:
Last edited by Ciggy on Fri May 06, 2005 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dim » Fri May 06, 2005 8:28 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:Hypocritical? FA go mute

The statement has since been removed from the FA website, with the Soho Square bods refusing to make any public comment.

i still got my copy though :D

dim

Postby dim » Fri May 06, 2005 8:54 pm

bbc are quoting an Fa source

"This was not formal policy agreed by the FA Board. The FA website was simply publishing an interpretation of guidelines published by Uefa. This should not be confused with the issues of qualification for next season's Champions League."

i cant work that out... "not formal policy"... ok get that bit..

"was an interpretation of guidelines by uefa..." so in other words, eufa guidelines say inners go in competition at expense of fourth placed team..

"not be confused with issues of qualification..." But the page was called "Frequenty asked questions... Champions league qualification..." forgive us for confusing the two...

grrrrrr
dim

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 06, 2005 9:01 pm

They have removed it from there website sh.itbags but been found out.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dim » Fri May 06, 2005 9:10 pm

interesting article on gaurdian online here...

[urlhttp://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1478328,00.html[/url]

this is going to run and run
dim

Postby zarababe » Fri May 06, 2005 11:55 pm

.. mmm grounds for legal challenge me thinks .. nice one gang in diggin-up those posts... :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat May 07, 2005 12:26 am

I can't fu*king believe the FA are such cowards. How can they justify their decision now after we've seen these outtakes? What a bunch of bas*ards. I'd love to ram the champions league trophy up their asses then make the fookers lick it clean. Don't they see the hypocrasy and two-faced bullsh*t doesn't wash with us? Maybe they could get away with it if it were a bunch of thickies like the Man U(SCUMBAGS) fanbase, but not us. I think there should be a fooking boycott or demo to show the tos*ers we aren't taking this cack. Stupid, stupid bas*ards. Up the 'pool! :angry:

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sat May 07, 2005 3:18 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:I dont understand what your issue is, I knew years ago that the FA was a gang of spineless suits set on sucking up to whomsoever presents them with the best money spinning chances.

Look at it this way, if (big if, but if) we win the Champions League, we will be round town on the bus with the cup.

Everton will not have a parade round town with a big number 4.

Nor will they get an open top bus round town when they go out to Slovadan Libjiirecliskinski in the qualifiers.

It will also add to our myth if we win the Champions League and are not allowed to defend it. They must obviously be scared we will dominate it again.

Yea was thinking the same, i actually really do believe that hey fear us coming back to dominate not only english footbal, but europe too!
After all we have done for english football (heysel aside, of course) with our record in ALL european competitions, we ReALLY put English football on the map.
But hey thats forgotten about as im sure you all hear on the regs, 'oh stop livin on former glories'.....well its the dawn of a new age now......So f*ck the FA and The PL too, as they also said it shud be the top 4 only!!

YNWA
76-1115222408

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion