THE OFFICIAL Andriy Voronin thread - All discussion on our Ukrainian here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby made in UK » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:19 pm

He's a waste of a bad haircut.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:12 pm

made in UK wrote:He's a waste of a bad haircut.

Hes a waste of a full head of hair
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:16 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
made in UK wrote:He's a waste of a bad haircut.

Hes a waste of a full head of hair

His a waste of a player
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:32 pm

At least he came in on a free..
Still he is probably on high wages..
Hence the reason why nobody will take him off our hands.
Plus the fact that he is :censored:
THEBARON

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:11 pm

Anyone else remember looking for 'signs' of a good player in the Leverkusen v Blackburn game just after he signed for us?  :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby THEBARON » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:14 pm

Most of the goals he has scored have been in pre season games
THEBARON

Postby bigmick » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:50 pm

In fairness to the bloke he isn't good enough, although he's not as bad as he looks on occasions I don't think. If he was at Bolton or somewhere like that and playing every week, he'd look fairly alright I reckon. As it is, he knows he isn't good enough, the other players know he isn't good enough, we know he isn't good enough, and the opposition know it as well. He was a strange signing in many respects, not Dossena strange, but odd all the same.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:07 pm

The thing with Voronin is this:

He wanted to be in Germany, which is why he did so well at Hertha Berlin.

He doesn't want to be at Liverpool, and so he's not @rsed.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:25 pm

The thing with Voronin is that nobody wants him. Just wonder what we saw in him in the first place
THEBARON

Postby Fauxy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:27 pm

Effes wrote:The thing with Voronin is this:

He wanted to be in Germany, which is why he did so well at Hertha Berlin.

He doesn't want to be at Liverpool, and so he's not @rsed.

Actually im pretty sure he wanted to come back to play for liverpool..

And hes recently been complaining about lack of football here. That doesnt seem like the kinda player that cant be @rsed to play.
Fauxy

Postby tonyeh » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:39 pm

Of course he wants to play for Liverpool. but he wants to play each week. No player wants to be a sideshow and that's how Benitez treats some players.

I'm not a Voronin fan, by any stretch of the imagination, but what he needs, like a few other players at Liverpool is regular football.

Mind you, in saying that, he did manaage to score 11 goals in 26 apps for Hertha (if I recall correctly).

Part of Voronin's problem though, I feel, is Benitez and his stop/start use of the player. It's killed Babel off (who clearly isn't bothered any more) and it nearly destroyed Benayoon too.

The bottom line though, is that Voronin (along with quite a number of Benitez bought players) is just not good enough to mount a serious challenge for the PL title.

Not in a million years.
tonyeh

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:41 pm

Rafa wanted to sell him to Berlin for 3 mil but had to stop the transfer when he realised he wouldnt be getting any funds to buy a replacement so we were stuck with him .
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:00 am

tonyeh wrote:Of course he wants to play for Liverpool. but he wants to play each week. No player wants to be a sideshow and that's how Benitez treats some players.

I'm not a Voronin fan, by any stretch of the imagination, but what he needs, like a few other players at Liverpool is regular football.

Mind you, in saying that, he did manaage to score 11 goals in 26 apps for Hertha (if I recall correctly).

Part of Voronin's problem though, I feel, is Benitez and his stop/start use of the player. It's killed Babel off (who clearly isn't bothered any more) and it nearly destroyed Benayoon too.

The bottom line though, is that Voronin (along with quite a number of Benitez bought players) is just not good enough to mount a serious challenge for the PL title.

Not in a million years.

Contradiction.

He's not good enough in a million years but what he needs is regular game time and for not providing it/failing to make him into a player, Rafa is culpable.

Stick with the first bit, mate. The same applies to Babel. I'd give you Crouch though on the second part.
LFC2007

Postby tonyeh » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:29 am

LFC2007 wrote:
tonyeh wrote:Of course he wants to play for Liverpool. but he wants to play each week. No player wants to be a sideshow and that's how Benitez treats some players.

Not in a million years.

Contradiction.

He's not good enough in a million years but what he needs is regular game time and for not providing it/failing to make him into a player, Rafa is culpable.

Stick with the first bit, mate. The same applies to Babel. I'd give you Crouch though on the second part.

Eh, no contradiction at all. He needs regular football to progress as a player. But he'll still never be as good a player Liverpool needs.

Benitez is culpable for buying him in the first place and then expecting him to work wonders with sporadic game time.
tonyeh

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:40 am

You seem to be saying that if they had been given better (or more) opportunities to play, they'd be better players; and because they haven't, Rafa is culpable for their bad form?

If you are, I think it's b0llocks - they were never good enough despite all of the opportunities they've had, and I'm glad he hasn't taken that advice by rewarding p!ss poor/gutless performances with even more game time, especially in Babel's case.

*Edited.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge