Summer signings - Who?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Redman » Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:26 pm

So whos next?
Duff,Kewell,Malbranque or even Beckham?
the later would be funny...

who ever we sign he must be able to take on players going the way were attacking!
not sure if we really need a winger...but more of a creative midfielder...like Kewell?Beckham? I dont think Duff is worth the price that "Soutash" is asking (you thought he would do us a favour after all)!
anyway the Finnan signing is a good start...we need the wing backs to go forward...not just defend...by all acounts Finnan was Fulhams player of the year and thats not bad for a right back.
heres my team for 2003-04 season

1.Dudek
2.Henchoz
3.Finnan
4.Hyypia
5.Baros
7.Kewell?
9.Diouf
10.Owen
13.Murphy
17.Gerrard
18.Riise

on ya bike Heskey?Didi?Vladi  thanks for your service we wont forget

UP THE REDMEN!!
Redman

Postby jaypap » Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:36 pm

what about this

dudek
finnan henchoz hyppia riise
diouf gerrard diao kewel
owen cisse

can we pick up kewel and cisse? ????
that would make my day......
and i definately agree, duff is way over priced.....

frankly, id rather have someone to replace diao too, someone who can really make some noise, like nedved or  rui costa, or davids...
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:36 am

NEDVED  IS A GOOD PROSPECT BUT WE HAVE 0% CHANCE OF HIM COMING HERE DON'T WE EH!!!!!!!!!!1 ???
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:38 am

well
when dreaming
why not dream?

maybe 1% chance.....

who can we bring from europe that would make our midfield scary?
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:41 am

WHAT ABOUT MACMANAMAN OR ORTEGA!!!!!!!!!!!
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:46 am

im not sure about ortega, where is he playing?
i know he's a talent, and seriously he would give us that creative flair, but would he come?

ive been wondering what sort of contract macca is on at real and how many years he has on it...is he a possible target or are we dreaming?
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:00 am

HE CAN LEAVE FOR 5 MILLION AND HE ONLY HAS 15 MONTHS LEFT AT THE MOMENT!
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:03 am

is that what real are asking for him?
5 mill?
should we wait or should we buy?
how old is he?
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:16 am

WE CANT WAIT WE NEED HIM HE'S 31 NOW.
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:21 am

then macca is not the right man

we need someone no older than 27 with pace that will be around when owen and co turn 27 themselves....i dont think spending 5 mill on someone who is 31 and only has maybe 2 seasons left in him is a smart move...i know we are attatched to him but reality is bigger than us....
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:25 am

U SAYING 31 IS OLD YOUNG MAN . 5 MIL IS NOTHING THESE DAYS  :)
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby gaz31 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:26 am

I'M OFF 2 BED NOW MATE C U LATER
:)  :D
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:45 pm

gaz
i take it gaz31 stands for how old u are....maybe?
no, 31 is not old for a player coming acrross for free, but for 5 mill, yep, too old......when owen and co start taking them apart in 2-3 years from now, macca will be past ir on a wing where speed is everything...even a couple of yards slower will make a difference.....

on the other hand, sleep well chum and hope ur seeing red all the way to the title!!!!
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:47 pm

OK MATE I WAS 31 WHEN I MADE UP MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND NOW I AM A YOUNG 32 !!! :D
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:55 pm

happy birthday! :D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge