Possible january/summer transfer targets!? - Possible players to anfield.

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby LiverpoolFC_Kopite » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:21 am

After the rumours of the last few weeks, how do you rate the players as possible transfer targets?

Djiribil Cisse - 9/10 - would love to come to Anfield and will most proably come in January but there are two things wrong with him, would you like a player called sissy in your team and could you stomach the fact that by relaxing after a game he likes to wear a dress.

Jean-Alain Boumsong - 8/10 - Solid french international, safe bet at the back with Sami.

Rivaldo -7/10 - Past it? Could still do a job for us and as they say, there's no substitute for class.

Tomas Rosicky - 6/10 - Excellent Czech playmaker, would like to come to Anfield and could for a snip of his potential transfer asking price.

Alan Smith - 5/10 - Leeds in debt, we need another striker, but could he be a 20+ goals a season hitman? Most probably not.

Phillipe Mexes - 5/10 - Solid centre back and partner to Boumsong, could we tempt him or would high powers come calling for him?

Jose Antonio Reyes - 2/10 - Buyout clause of 65 million pounds and contracted to Sevilla till 2010, most unlikely we could get him to Anfield with Real Madrid favourites to sign him.

Know anyone else that Gerard is looking at as potential Liverpool players?
LiverpoolFC_Kopite

Postby Cleman » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:56 am

Wayne Rooney if Owen leave Liverpool and Cisse not coming --- 2/10

Van der Vaart in, 6m plus Cheyrou --- 3/10

Ballack arrives and Hamann to B.Munich plus 7m --- 4/10

Martin O'neill for GH himself --- 10/10 !!!
Cleman

Postby Owzat » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:27 pm

I'd restrict Houllier's spending to be honest, certainly in the French League. If Houllier wastes any more money and then goes it will be even harder for someone else to come in. I think Houllier should be restricted to a "buy with what you sell" transfer fund which may encourage him to offload his current cr@p and be a little more selective. He's done more than enough spending, it is time to see the result we all want
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:49 pm

Exactly. Houllier has wasted a fortune of the club's money. He needs to start offloading some of the junk before being allowed to waste any more money.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:10 pm

Good call !
Houllier has been given over £ 100 million to spend  and still hasn't got it right. Sure he has recouped a fair amount but a large amount of his purchases have turned out to be planks. This man does not  deserve the opportunity to waste any more money.
The ideal thing would be for Houllier to go then his replacement may get some spending money in January. Unfortunately with our complacent , indecisive and out of touch board of directors lacking the bottle or imagination to make this difficult decision, this will never happen. So long as this is the case then Houllier has to sell before he can buy.
THEBARON

Postby oldredeyes » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:02 pm

Boumsong would be my first choice to help out Sammi (who is now starting to find a bit of form). If that's not poosible Houdini should bring back Marcus from Blackburn to play centre back with Hypia. We then need to off load the six leeches who keep picking up wages for doing nothing and buy a decent striker and hard tackling midfielder to help Stevie out. I'm all in favour of our new attacking formation but we still need creative midfielders who can also tackle and win the ball cleanly. Just look at United, Arsenal and now Chelsea's midfielders. Good players who can win a ball cleanly and build up attacks. It seems that when we lose the ball going forward the only way we stop the counter attack is by fouling the man in possession with a clumsy challenge.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:27 am

LiverpoolFC_Kopite wrote:After the rumours of the last few weeks, how do you rate the players as possible transfer targets?

There was a game pre season against Ajax if you remember.  I'm not too sure but I think it was a 0 - 0 draw.  Now, there was an attacking player for them that day who completely stole the whole game for himself.  I mean, I know it was only pre-season but he had a blinder.

Only thing is, I can't remember his name.  He was a player in the Rosicky mould if that helps.  Houllier has expressed an interest in him in the past also. 

Can anyone help?
jonnymac1979

Postby long sleeved joe » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:43 pm

Harry Kewell is one of the best strikers in the league and I'd like to see him develop a partnership with Owen up front. I'd buy a decent left midfielder eg Steed Malbranque to replace Kewell out wide and then play Kewell behind Owen.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Postby long sleeved joe » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:47 pm

the Ajax player was Van De Vaart who is an attacking midfielder that Houlier has been linked with but he has a few clubs after him so wouldnt come cheap
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Postby greenred » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:55 pm

.Hes probably out of our price range though.and hes not french.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:58 pm

sorry accidental post :p
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:08 pm

long sleeved joe wrote:the Ajax player was Van De Vaart who is an attacking midfielder that Houlier has been linked with but he has a few clubs after him so wouldnt come cheap

Cheers mate.
jonnymac1979

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:05 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
LiverpoolFC_Kopite wrote:After the rumours of the last few weeks, how do you rate the players as possible transfer targets?

There was a game pre season against Ajax if you remember.  I'm not too sure but I think it was a 0 - 0 draw.  Now, there was an attacking player for them that day who completely stole the whole game for himself.  I mean, I know it was only pre-season but he had a blinder.

Only thing is, I can't remember his name.  He was a player in the Rosicky mould if that helps.  Houllier has expressed an interest in him in the past also. 

Can anyone help?

I don't think you mean Van Der Vaart, it's probarly Piener.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:09 pm

Djiribil Cisse - Not sure about him, want to see more of him.

Jean-Alain Boumsong - Good centre back with pace(which we need), 99% chance he's coming on a free at the end of the season.

Rivaldo -Worth the risk, should be here in January

Tomas Rosicky - Overated, not coming

Alan Smith - Average, just hope Houllier sees he is cr#p.

Phillipe Mexes - Very good centre back who can pass the ball, would be good to partner Boumsong, but he is going to Arsneal

Jose Antonio Reyes - Huge talent, love to see him here, unlikely, top club, big price.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:12 pm

I saw andy reid of notts forest make his debut for ireland last night.the guy got man of the match.scores loads of goals from midfield,fantastic passer,plays left and central midfield and hes young.Will probably be available in the new year for around 4 million.We should snap him up while he is stll unknown because this guy will be a big star a year from now.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge