South americans - Doing the samba down anfield road

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby 2520years » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:37 am

Fabio Aurelio and Daniel Alves of Brazil, and Gabriel Paletta of Argentina.

South Americans have had mixed fortunes in England, although in recent times they seem to be settling in easier (possibly due to tackles virtually being outlawed).  How do you think these three would get on in our Away games at Christmas?..in January against a Coca-Cola League 2 team, away in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.  How would they settle into the Northern lifestyle?  What about the lack of sunshine?

If they do as well as Juninho did in one of the grimest cities in the country they'll be fine.

Do you think Rafa's taking a gamble?  Do you think there's nothing to worry about?
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Sabre » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:23 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but Alves is from Uruguay.

I'm not afraid about adaptation, lack of sunshine, lack of local food, and all this topics.

At least Alves and F.Aurelio managed to play pretty well in the Spanish league, so I don't think they'll have troubles to adapt to the english game, neither.

I don't believe in generalizations. Palermo, a rated striker in Argentina didn't make it well in Villareal, but I'm not of the school of thought that that means he's not made for this football, I think it's more club/what the coach wants from him related. Riquelme was suspect of not being adapted to the SPanish game for instance, as he was "too slow" in Barcelona, but then he showed what's his class in another club.

In the case of F.Aurelio, he's well known by Rafa, so I guess Rafa is sure aswell he'll adapt well.

Alves is VERY pacy, and that will serve him well in Anfield.

Paletta is quite unknown to me.

Guys, I really need the season start, I have an abstinence syndrome. The world cup kept me entertained for a while, but I just can't wait, let te season start!!
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:32 pm

Yeah, sorry about Spain mate.  They were more entertaining than France (and have more Liverpool players).  If/when England go out, I'll be feeling the same way.  For now, the World Cup is a good distraction.
:)
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Billy_5_Times » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:29 pm

Spurs brought two Arge's over and won the FA Cup. We bought Pelligrino (Argentina) to give Sami a rest for Europe and we went on and won the European Cup. The brazillians that have came over seem to have done alright. Edu and Gilberto and even Sylviniho at Arsenal. Juninho at Boro. So I don't see any risks in bringing them over.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:09 pm

Billy_5_Times wrote:We bought Pelligrino (Argentina) to give Sami a rest for Europe and we went on and won the European Cup.

:wwww This little gem reminds me of a classic Simpsons moment...

Homer: Well there's not a bear in sight.  The Bear Patrol is sure doing its job.

Lisa: That's specious reasoning, Dad. 

Homer; Why thank you, sweetie.

Lisa: Dad what if I were to tell you that this rock keeps away tigers?

Homer: Uh-huh, and how does it work?

Lisa: It doesn't work, it's just a stupid rock.

Homer: I see.

Lisa: But you don't see any tigers around do you?

Homer: Lisa, I'd like to buy your rock.

Thanks for being our Homer Billy_5_Times!  :buttrock  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby gialloblu » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:20 am

Take it easy... Paletta is a great player, and i think he´ll settle in lfc excellently. He played in Banfield in argentina, and he was one of the best deffenders in the league. I really liked him. He´s good. I think that the climate won´t be a problem, nor the christmas stuff
gialloblu

Postby kop11 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:50 pm

^^^^^^^^ agree
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge