Djibril cisse - Back this month

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby puroresu » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:24 am

Cisse is actually getting back to his best form..  he looks much sharper now and his electric pace is back.

scored hat-trick tonight..

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevan....1_sport
puroresu

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:32 am

puroresu wrote:Cisse is actually getting back to his best form..  he looks much sharper now and his electric pace is back.

Strangely, Benayoun also scored a hattrick tonight but you barely seemed interested. ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:59 pm

Does anyone know what we actually got for Cisse in the end?
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:30 pm

laza wrote:Does anyone know what we actually got for Cisse in the end?

i think it was 6-7 million
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:09 pm

puroresu wrote:Cisse is actually getting back to his best form..  he looks much sharper now and his electric pace is back.

he's not good enough for the Premierleague tho....he may be quick, but defenders soon work this out and foul him up with the offside.  Cisse NEVER worked out how to break an offside trap...and his finishing was usually s**t also.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scientist » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:13 pm

He finished with a ratio of one in every 2 games. Played out wide for a good percentage and was never wanted by Rafa, add to this the two horrififc leg breaks. Not bad for a failure. I wish Kuyt, Crouch and Voronin could fail like this. The France crowd rosted him on Wednesday night too! Controversial but his heart is in the right place.
scientist

Postby babu » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:46 am

scientist wrote:He finished with a ratio of one in every 2 games. Played out wide for a good percentage and was never wanted by Rafa, add to this the two horrififc leg breaks. Not bad for a failure. I wish Kuyt, Crouch and Voronin could fail like this. The France crowd rosted him on Wednesday night too! Controversial but his heart is in the right place.

forgive but that's :censored:. He two injuries only prolonged his stay, without them he would have been shipped out faster.

He was a liability. As least Kuyt & Voronin help in other areas, all Cisse did was sulk and go missing for majority of games.

He was useless with the ball

he could run, but usually run offside

No way would I want to see him back.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yari7 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:59 am

He came on for 10 mins on Wednesday and absoulutly left Ashley Cole for dust and nearly scored the second.

I couldn't help but think, thats what we are missing in our squad.

With a 1 in 2 ratio, coming off a horrific leg injury and playing on the wide a lot, that is a very good return.
Yari7

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:07 pm

Always thought with Cisse that the raw ability was there, it just needed a coach to recognise what he was all about and was prepared to exploit it. Cisse imo was a racehorse but sadly during his time at LFC he was used as a pit pony. As often as not he was expected to perform the role now occupied by Kuyt, does anyone find it strange that two strikers hailed as being the mutts nuts by their clubs and countries move to Liverpool and end up looking less than average . Is it just down to a lack adaptability ? ,or maybe just Rafa turning a knife into a spoon. Perhaps Cisse didn't last long at LFC because he questioned the way he was being used, Kuyt on the other hand is prepared to jump through hoops for Rafa and therefore gets game after game despite the fact that half of us are crying out for a more effective striker, and maybe missin' the point that Kuyt is no longer playing his natural role as was Cisse for most of his time with us.

I always thought Cisse was a missile , never expect him to think, stick him up front and point him at the target. I'm still thinking he's a major "could've been" , could've been a major success if used for what he was designed for.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Yari7 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:46 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Always thought with Cisse that the raw ability was there, it just needed a coach to recognise what he was all about and was prepared to exploit it. Cisse imo was a racehorse but sadly during his time at LFC he was used as a pit pony. As often as not he was expected to perform the role now occupied by Kuyt, does anyone find it strange that two strikers hailed as being the mutts nuts by their clubs and countries move to Liverpool and end up looking less than average . Is it just down to a lack adaptability ? ,or maybe just Rafa turning a knife into a spoon. Perhaps Cisse didn't last long at LFC because he questioned the way he was being used, Kuyt on the other hand is prepared to jump through hoops for Rafa and therefore gets game after game despite the fact that half of us are crying out for a more effective striker, and maybe missin' the point that Kuyt is no longer playing his natural role as was Cisse for most of his time with us.

I always thought Cisse was a missile , never expect him to think, stick him up front and point him at the target. I'm still thinking he's a major "could've been" , could've been a major success if used for what he was designed for.

You have a point. It doesn't seem Rafa is good at getting the best out of proven players.

You can add Morientes to the list. He along with Cisse were proven goalscorers their whole carrer, and are proving to be goalscorers post Liverpool so why did they not work out for us.

Maybe with Morientes, you could say that it was because the English game doesn't suit his style, but with Cisse, he has all the tools to succeed inEngland and he has a goals return of 1 in every 2 appearances despite his injuries and beign played out of positions and beign played as a sub.
Yari7

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:46 pm

I hear what you’re saying, but Cisse has little in the way of technical ability.  His finished was often 50/50 and his on field vision was awful. Poor passing, poor first touch and :censored: finishing was his undoing at LFC…..and the fans at Marseille don’t think he’s that great neither.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:36 pm

Despite your assertion re his lack of technique etc etc (with which I don't necessarily disagree) he's still managed roughly 1 goal every 3 games for us and 1 goal every 2 games for Marseille. Decent enough figures by almost anybodies standards.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby puroresu » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:17 pm

7_Kewell wrote:I hear what you’re saying, but Cisse has little in the way of technical ability.  His finished was often 50/50 and his on field vision was awful. Poor passing, poor first touch and :censored: finishing was his undoing at LFC…..and the fans at Marseille don’t think he’s that great neither.

not totally true.  Yes he started this season slow and had a hard time but since about november he has had the marseille fans full support. 

You don't hear Djib getting whistled anymore.  Like Woof said, the guy does score goals!  nobody can dispute that plus his awareness and vision has improved loads over the last 12 months.
puroresu

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:18 am

puroresu wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:I hear what you’re saying, but Cisse has little in the way of technical ability.  His finished was often 50/50 and his on field vision was awful. Poor passing, poor first touch and :censored: finishing was his undoing at LFC…..and the fans at Marseille don’t think he’s that great neither.

not totally true.  Yes he started this season slow and had a hard time but since about november he has had the marseille fans full support. 

You don't hear Djib getting whistled anymore.  Like Woof said, the guy does score goals!  nobody can dispute that plus his awareness and vision has improved loads over the last 12 months.

You posted this during the game - you obviously don't give much of a sh!t about the team and much prefer having a w@nk over Cisse.
LFC2007

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:07 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
puroresu wrote:

You posted this during the game - you obviously don't give much of a sh!t about the team and much prefer having a w@nk over Cisse.

:laugh:
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge