Djibril cisse - Back this month

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby bartzy » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:54 pm

ive always liked this guy, he was never able to cut it though in the premiership and i hope he does well at marseille (ps. i got his myspace:cool:)
COME ON YOU REDS
bartzy

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:36 pm

Cisse is now back playing AND SCORING

Djibril Cisse has scored his first goal since being loaned out to Marseille from Liverpool.

The French striker broke his leg whilst on international duty in June and has not played for the Marseille first-team this season.

However, he has stepped up his recovery over the past few weeks and took part in a friendly game against fourth division side Martigues on Tuesday.

As well as scoring, Cisse also hit the post with a 25-yard free-kick before being substituted after 60 minutes, and Marseille coach Albert Emon was pleased to see him back in action.

"We have to be patient with Djibril but his performance was encouraging," he said.

"He asked for the ball a number of times, kept the ball a little, had a couple of shots"

"I think he needs that kind of game to be in the best mental state for the future."

Cisse is set to find out when he will be available for first-team selection when he meets his surgeon on Wednesday.

"We have to see how is feeling over the next few days, but we hope the surgeon will give him the green light to return to competition," said Emon.

Meanwhile, trialists Brian Carroll, Mahmane Dembele and Lassine Diarra all played in the game against Martigues.

"It wasn't easy for them to integrate quickly like that, but that is not too bad," said Emon.

"I have seen interesting things."
SKYSPORTS LINK
account deleted by request

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:18 pm

I was never a Cisse fan but at least he essentially left the club on good terms. I criticised him to the hilt for lack of interest and commitment at times but in all fairness to him he didn't show any lack of commitment in the Cup Final against West Ham, when he stayed on the pitch despite being strapped from his knee to his boll#cks.

If you're judging players on commitment you only need to look at The Wizard of Aus, walks off in a Champions League Final but miraculously recovers to out-sprint almost every other player to congratulate Dudek when it was won. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kobashi » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:01 pm

OM.net information: Djibril Cissé can take again the competition. The green light to him was given this afternoon by its surgeon. And it will be on the sheet of match against Monaco, assure us Albert Emon. In exclusiveness, reaction of the Olympian attacker. Six months day for day after its fracture of the right leg, in friendly match with the Team of France, Djibril Cissé can make its return on the grounds.

The green light was given to him in middle of afternoon this Thursday, by its surgeon, professor Frederic Farizon who had operated it last June. This information was confirmed to us at the end of this visit carried out in Nice, and after the last practised examinations (radio and scanner). Joint Thursday evening by telephone, Albert Emon assure us that it will appear in the group of the OM Saturday against Monaco, without however beginning the meeting. EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW OF DJIBRIL CISSE We were present at the sides of Djibril Cissé when it received the green light of its surgeon. Its reaction, of exclusiveness.

Then Djibril, relieved after the green light granted by your surgeon? Yes, after six months of absence, I will finally be able to drive back the lawns of the championship of France and in particular that of the Cycle-racing track. I languished. How do you feel after this good news? I am very content. But, my joy will be even more intense after the match of Saturday if I play. Six months without playing, it is long, how did you live it? Indeed six months, it is hard especially after having already lived six months without playing when I was in Liverpool. I think that during this period, hardest it was in the head. And god thank you, thanks to my family, my wife, my mother, my sisters and my brother, that did well.

The largest part occurs in the head and me, in my head, that goes, I am well. The mental one is one of your great forces… It is a little what characterizes me, i.e. my desire, my passion and today thanks to god, all goes well. Did you already took part in an opposition against Martigues Tuesday, how live it? I had very good feelings and I had a very good agreement with my fellow-members for a first match. My match was crowned by a goal, it was thus very good after midday. After the green light of your surgeon, there remains nothing any more but that of Albert Emon… Here. The surgeon did not say that there were no more risks because there is always even when one is at 100% but it especially said me that my wound was to be put at the dustbin from now on. Me mentally and physically, I feel ready.
kobashi

Postby zarababe » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:05 pm

Lots of speed but no skill or awareness around him. Hope we get a good deal for selling him off. Bad attitude etc.. thanks but be gone !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:46 am

kobashi

Postby Amne » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:06 am

I hope he comes back. He can bring that finishing touch. He's just what liverpool needs.
Amne

Postby tommycockles » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:32 am

what is it with digging up old Cisse threads- are you his brother? He's not coming back and that's it!! :p

WUM!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby LiverpoolForLife » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:14 pm

i'm worried about this. we bought him for 14 million, record fee at the time. because of his injuries, we will have to let him go for next to nothing. i feel we should bring him back, give him some games and if he proves not good enough, we will at least have inflated his value somewhat.
what do you think?
LiverpoolForLife

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:19 am

LiverpoolForLife wrote:i'm worried about this. we bought him for 14 million, record fee at the time. because of his injuries, we will have to let him go for next to nothing. i feel we should bring him back, give him some games and if he proves not good enough, we will at least have inflated his value somewhat.
what do you think?

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby europian-kings » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:35 pm

LiverpoolForLife wrote:i'm worried about this. we bought him for 14 million, record fee at the time. because of his injuries, we will have to let him go for next to nothing. i feel we should bring him back, give him some games and if he proves not good enough, we will at least have inflated his value somewhat.
what do you think?

benitez didn't like him. he rarly played him and when he did he was usually put on the wing. He hasn't done much at marseille and he didnt do much at anfield. Id like to see him back in the premiership, just not at liverpool.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:47 pm

Cisse was the 'next big thing'...but like many of Houlliers "future stars" he turned out an average one trick pony. Rafa obviously found this out in training and we all found it out on the pitch.  IF he had cost 3 million i would have said he was an OK signing....but at 14 million he's cack!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:55 pm

In the immortal words of...erm...whomever first coined the phrase:

"Djibril Cisse can trap a ball further than I can kick it."

And;

"He couldn't trap a bag of cement."

Not forgetting:

"He looks an absolute TIT with that hairstyle."

Do we really want this back? I think not. :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:35 am

mind you....is he any worse than Kuyt?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:17 am

7_Kewell wrote:mind you....is he any worse than Kuyt?

IMHO..... yes..... at least Dirk works his @rse off for us.... Even if he couldn't find the back of a net with a tom-tom showing him the way.......

:D
ConnO'var

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge