ANDREA DOSSENA: Official Thread - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Owzat » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:01 am

Rockthekop wrote:Carragher unfortunately was up against two outstanding players. Terry and Ferdinand are the best two CBs England have, they are my first choice.  Carragher would have been my third choice without question.  Terry and Ferdinand have more to their game, they are better all round players.

I'd say Carra is up there with those two, problem was Carra wasn't getting even a look in and other lesser players were getting games ahead of him. I don't blame him for turning his back on England, to never get given a go and turn out whenever called upon is a right stab in the back.

Even if he tells Crappello he is available if needed, Fabio may well do the same to him.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:09 am

PabloAimar wrote:why do skysports.com always use the most retarded snap shots?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_3648542,00.html

:O  :laugh:
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:12 am

Has he been signed yet? This has gotten to be the most detailed medical ever
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:59 am

SSN:

Dossena delight at Reds deal

Andrea Dossena is delighted to become the first Italian international to play for Liverpool

The Udinese left-back will complete his move to Anfield in the coming days after undergoing a medical on Merseyside earlier this week.

Speaking exclusively to skysports.com, Dossena's agent Federico Pastorello revealed his client's delight at signing for Liverpool.

"I understand he is the first Italian international to play for Liverpool - a great opportunity for him and he is really happy," Pastorello revealed.

Dossena is expected to finalise his transfer in the next 48 hours before being unveiled by The Reds next week in a deal believed to be worth around £7million.

"He had his medical on Wednesday and we are just awaiting the formalities of that but we would think everything will be signed very shortly," he continued.

"An agreement between the clubs was hard, but we all found it and everything is now ready."

The 26-year-old had a tremendous campaign with Udinese, which included his debut for Italy, and Pastorello admits Liverpool beat a number of clubs to seal his signature.

"There were many teams interested in him," he confirmed.

"He was the best left-back in Italy last year, arguably along with the boy [Juan]Vargas at Catania.

"So it was natural that there will be interest in the best left-back in Serie A, but to have the chance to work with a coach like Rafa Benitez was something he could not turn down. That was an important aspect of his decision and he cannot wait to get started."
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:07 pm

Rafa's first training session with Dossena will go something like this...

"OK Andrea, If a cross comes in hoof the fk'er, do not head it into your own net".

end of training for today.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AkifDede » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:10 pm

I think Riise go to different country.:cool:
AkifDede

Postby red37 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:47 pm

AkifDede wrote:I think Riise go to different country.:cool:

STOP!

You are in danger of receiving an Umbongo for rationale similar to that!

He might go the Barcodes yet. Mind you....that IS a different world i suppose  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:54 pm

Lee J wrote:Rafa's first training session with Dossena will go something like this...

"OK Andrea, If a cross comes in hoof the fk'er, do not head it into your own net".

end of training for today.

Doss : "But boss, what if it looks like a dead cert header over the bar and out for a corner?"

rafa : "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why you no listen?" :veryangry

Doss : "sorry boss"  :down:
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:58 pm

Can see this lad getting a good pizza the action, once he can pasta ball at the right time though even that dossena really matter.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:11 pm

stmichael wrote:Can see this lad getting a good pizza the action, once he can pasta ball at the right time though even that dossena really matter.

taxi !
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:41 pm

stmichael wrote:Can see this lad getting a good pizza the action, once he can pasta ball at the right time though even that dossena really matter.

:no  :no
heimdall

Postby sworth26 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:44 pm

Rafa: "Andrea...It's for the good of the Cloooob"!
sworth26

Postby Jimmymac » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:10 pm

I have a friend who is a milan supporter, watches Seria A very closely so I asked him for a quick run down on Dossena and what the thoughts are on him, this was the answer he gave :

you've got a gem of a player there, very good business by Rafa. The biggest concern some of my mates had was why he was'nt in the Italian squad for the Euro's. Well basically, Grosso is first choice & Donadoni prefers Chellini's defensive ability as back up & Zambrotta can play there as well. It's soley because the others are defensively better players rather than overall better players than Dossena that have them in the squad.

Now don't be alarmed thinking he can't defend he can. He's a solid player. People who look at his attacking assists may think he purely bombs up the field but he does his attacking duties well without looking a spectacular player like clichy or evra maybe but very effectively. The kind of player like Finnan who just gets on with his job and does it well without ever getting the headlines the next day. Got his Italy cap last year and will be part of the new Italian generation after the Euro's. Has European experience as well so should be fine. Played in a good attacking Udinese side with De Natele and Quagliarella so should slot in perfectly with Liverpool and Gerrard and Torres. Likes his cross field passes to open up the other side of the pitch so Babbel and Finnan better be concentrating!

certainly sounds pretty good and some part of an explanation for his exclusion from the italian squad too. He also made a good point to me that Italian defenders generally stay in the academys a lot later than over here and thus blossom quite late, hence why half of them are still playing extremely well into their 30's.

Liking the sound of this lad so far :)
Jimmymac

Postby Effes » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:34 pm

mistyred wrote:
bavlondon wrote:I guess I probably shouldnt be slating him as I havent even seen the lad play but he isnt in the Italy team right? Im sure there is a chance that he is decent enough but still didnt make it on the squad. But I doubt he is top or world class as surley he would have been included. I wonder what the chances are of him having an absolute binder of a season next year and then all of us coming back to this thread. :laugh:

Many excellent players don't make national squads mate.

I remember Hansen got overlooked for the Sctotland squad in the late 80's.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:54 pm

Jimmymac wrote:I have a friend who is a milan supporter, watches Seria A very closely so I asked him for a quick run down on Dossena and what the thoughts are on him, this was the answer he gave :

you've got a gem of a player there, very good business by Rafa. The biggest concern some of my mates had was why he was'nt in the Italian squad for the Euro's. Well basically, Grosso is first choice & Donadoni prefers Chellini's defensive ability as back up & Zambrotta can play there as well. It's soley because the others are defensively better players rather than overall better players than Dossena that have them in the squad.

Now don't be alarmed thinking he can't defend he can. He's a solid player. People who look at his attacking assists may think he purely bombs up the field but he does his attacking duties well without looking a spectacular player like clichy or evra maybe but very effectively. The kind of player like Finnan who just gets on with his job and does it well without ever getting the headlines the next day. Got his Italy cap last year and will be part of the new Italian generation after the Euro's. Has European experience as well so should be fine. Played in a good attacking Udinese side with De Natele and Quagliarella so should slot in perfectly with Liverpool and Gerrard and Torres. Likes his cross field passes to open up the other side of the pitch so Babbel and Finnan better be concentrating!

certainly sounds pretty good and some part of an explanation for his exclusion from the italian squad too. He also made a good point to me that Italian defenders generally stay in the academys a lot later than over here and thus blossom quite late, hence why half of them are still playing extremely well into their 30's.

Liking the sound of this lad so far :)

Well that sounds very promising.  :cool:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge