ANDREA DOSSENA: Official Thread - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:31 pm

Someone look him up on football manager I uninstalled mine on the weekend and dont want to re-install it.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:33 pm

Never seen the lad play well i dont think i have :D Ill make a judgement on him when hes got the red shirt on. Hope hes a good find though similar to Agger and Skytel ill be made up then
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:50 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Never seen the lad play well i dont think i have :D Ill make a judgement on him when hes got the red shirt on. Hope hes a good find though similar to Agger and Skytel ill be made up then

Thats why i think he will be a good un!
Rafa brought some shi'te defenders to LFC early in his career.That could be put down to ignorance due to lack of understanding of the English game and limited funds!

Now that he knows the score,hes splashed out decent money on Agger and Skrtel and both hit the ground running and are worthy of the shirt.
Thats made me confident he knows that Dossena has what it takes!

Oh when i say hit the ground running,i dont mean Skrtels nightmare debut against Havent and Waterloovile! :D
Ffs i thought we had another Pelligrino or Josemi!
Hes done good since though!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:21 pm

bavlondon wrote:Someone look him up on football manager I uninstalled mine on the weekend and dont want to re-install it.

Hes cr@p on footy manager, and him as a player won't show up unless you put selected nations Italy :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:31 pm

I always wondered why we were lacking Italian players.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:17 pm

Andrea Dossena flies in to sign £7m Liverpool deal
Jun 4 2008 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

ANDREA DOSSENA was today undergoing a medical ahead of his expected £7m move to Liverpool.

The Italian left back is due to get married this weekend but such is his desire to sign for the Reds he has taken time out from his wedding preparations to fly to Merseyside to undergo his medical.

A fee in the region of £7m has been agreed with Udinese and terms have also been agreed with the player who was revealed as Rafa Benitez's number one target for the left back position in the ECHO last month.

The deal to sign him was held up by Udinese's initial demands with the Serie A club seeking up to £8m for the 26-year-old but a compromise has now been reached and, barring any last minute hitches, Dossena will become Liverpool's second signing of the summer following the arrival of Swiss right back Philipp Degen.

Dossena's agent Federico Pastorello admitted: "Everything is confirmed and we have already exchanged all the documents via fax. The deal is practically done."

Although Dossena has not made the Italian national squad for the forthcoming European Championships in Austria and Switzerland, he is considered one of the most improved players in Italy over the last 12 months and his impressive displays for Udinese led to him being awarded his first full cap in a friendly against South Africa last season.

His form alerted Benitez, who had made the recruitment of a top class left back one of his priorities for this summer.

With the out of favour John Arne Riise having been told he has no future at Anfield, the Reds boss is hopeful of recouping the majority of his outlay on Dossena by selling the Norwegian defender – with AS Roma and Newcastle leading the chase for his services.

Dossena only recently signed a new four and a half year deal with Udinese but that has not stopped Liverpool from coming to an agreement with his club and Benitez will be delighted that another piece of his summer rebuilding programme now looks set to fall into place.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:25 pm

Ciggy wrote:Andrea Dossena flies in to sign £7m Liverpool deal

ANDREA DOSSENA was today undergoing a medical ahead of his expected £7m move to Liverpool.

The Italian left back is due to get married this weekend but such is his desire to sign for the Reds he has taken time out from his wedding preparations to fly to Merseyside to undergo his medical.

A fee in the region of £7m has been agreed with Udinese and terms have also been agreed with the player who was revealed as Rafa Benitez's number one target for the left back position in the ECHO last month.

The deal to sign him was held up by Udinese's initial demands with the Serie A club seeking up to £8m for the 26-year-old but a compromise has now been reached and, barring any last minute hitches, Dossena will become Liverpool's second signing of the summer following the arrival of Swiss right back Philipp Degen.

Dossena's agent Federico Pastorello admitted: "Everything is confirmed and we have already exchanged all the documents via fax. The deal is practically done."

Although Dossena has not made the Italian national squad for the forthcoming European Championships in Austria and Switzerland, he is considered one of the most improved players in Italy over the last 12 months and his impressive displays for Udinese led to him being awarded his first full cap in a friendly against South Africa last season.

His form alerted Benitez, who had made the recruitment of a top class left back one of his priorities for this summer.

With the out of favour John Arne Riise having been told he has no future at Anfield, the Reds boss is hopeful of recouping the majority of his outlay on Dossena by selling the Norwegian defender – with AS Roma and Newcastle leading the chase for his services.

Dossena only recently signed a new four and a half year deal with Udinese but that has not stopped Liverpool from coming to an agreement with his club and Benitez will be delighted that another piece of his summer rebuilding programme now looks set to fall into place.

This guy will be a good signing, believe me.

A couple of his goals by the way.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=LIg7s3sFVFU

They guy looks like he has plenty of pace and making attacking runs like that will make him popular, as long as he doesnt leave great big gaps in defence but then again surely thats what two defensive midfielders are for.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Aussie Style » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:28 pm

Yeah I must confess I had never heard of the bloke until he got thrown into the speculation, however I have full confidence in Rafa and I'm sure he will only bring in players that will improve us as a team
Last edited by Aussie Style on Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:30 pm

Looks tough as well

Him and Skrtel in the team and Piers Morgan will make a documentary about us  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:22 pm

metalhead wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Someone look him up on football manager I uninstalled mine on the weekend and dont want to re-install it.

Hes cr@p on footy manager, and him as a player won't show up unless you put selected nations Italy :D

That means he is really :censored::angry:

We have bought another flop ffs.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:43 pm

stmichael wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Andrea Dossena flies in to sign £7m Liverpool deal

This guy will be a good signing, believe me.

A couple of his goals by the way.

They guy looks like he has plenty of pace and making attacking runs like that will make him popular, as long as he doesnt leave great big gaps in defence but then again surely thats what two defensive midfielders are for.

:D  You posted the same goal clip twice.  Trying to build the lad up a bit too much, methinks, mate? :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Alonso14 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:58 pm

bavlondon wrote:
metalhead wrote:

calm down lad, when i used to play that game a few years back, Antony Le Tallac was worth over £30m for me.

i agree they have a very good extensive database but its just a game at the end of the day. im sure rafa's scouts are just as good as the ones that compile the football manager databases.
Last edited by Alonso14 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:10 pm

bavlondon wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Are you for f@*king real?  :laugh:
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:19 pm

ever heard of sarcasm boys....  well at least I think he was being sarcastic
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby taff » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:22 pm

Whatever hpened to Kennedy Bakirioglu from Championship Manager 00/01 he ws amazing. Maybe Rafa could look him up  :cool:
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge