WIGAN VS LIVERPOOL - Wednedsay 10th november 19.45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:I disagree, i think he was very good against both Chelsea and Bolton.
He doesnt beat men like most wide players do and isnt a stand out player but he is one of those players that hardly ever seem to give it away and pick the right pass virtually all of the time.

When we play with plenty of movement he looks a far better player for me.

That's it in a nutshell for me too Ben ...when the team is buoyant
and playing one touch passing Maxi flourishes
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:41 pm

scrappy 1-0 win
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Yep I've been plenty critical of Maxi myself, but even when he was anonymous you could see he has ability. The issue always was whether or not he could get into the game enough, if he could then he would have an impact. I must confess it's egg on my face over this one, because despite his undoubted quality (you don't play every game for the Argies in World Cups if you can't play) I had just about written him off. He's come back though and has been the beneficiary of some very patient team selections from the manager.

When he's involved in the game he looks like a good player, and we look like a better team.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:12 pm

bigmick wrote:Yep I've been plenty critical of Maxi myself, but even when he was anonymous you could see he has ability. The issue always was whether or not he could get into the game enough, if he could then he would have an impact. I must confess it's egg on my face over this one, because despite his undoubted quality (you don't play every game for the Argies in World Cups if you can't play) I had just about written him off. He's come back though and has been the beneficiary of some very patient team selections from the manager.

When he's involved in the game he looks like a good player, and we look like a better team.

With you on this one, I have just as much egg on my face with this one.  I had completely written this lad off, he was anonymous in so many games since he arrived I just thought he would never adjust to English football.  Some turnaround though.  At the Bolton game I was thinking this is his best performance for us, then he topped it off with a goal.  That's the first time I'd heard to Maxi song to the tune of the heartbeat theme, quality!!

Back to Wigan, I can remember watching this fixture last season.  A midweek game also, depressing weather and an even more depressing performance.  We lost and deserved to lose.  This is an important one, if the lads are up for it and play like they did at Bolton we'll do them.  I fancy us.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:27 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:I disagree, i think he was very good against both Chelsea and Bolton.
He doesnt beat men like most wide players do and isnt a stand out player but he is one of those players that hardly ever seem to give it away and pick the right pass virtually all of the time.

and when we need to grind out a result, or the going gets tough, he goes AWOL.

Fair enough that some rate him, but for me he's a shadow of the player he was before injury. Too lightweight for a central midfield role and too slow and poor at crossing to be a winger.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:25 pm

I would be tempted to drop Maxi for Cole.  Maxi has played well but we need to get Cole going, he could be huge for us down if he gets some form.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby haps » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:46 pm

crim cram wrote:I would be tempted to drop Maxi for Cole.  Maxi has played well but we need to get Cole going, he could be huge for us down if he gets some form.

Yeah, I kinda go with this.  I do think Maxi has picked up a lot lately and it's good to see but I really feel Joe Cole in form is important for us.  He's been immense for Chelsea in the past.  He can be immense for us too.  Now the team is starting to understand each other and get into some form and confidence, I'd like to see him in there every week, linking up with Stevie and Nando.  that was one of the things I was most looking forward to this season.  The the season started and, um ... well, we're back on course a bit now; a win tomorrow night will be massive for us ans put the sh*t up Citeh and those feckin pretenders, Spurs.
haps

Postby haps » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:48 pm

p.s.  I really hate Spurs now.  Mostly because of the shi*e  'arry Redknapp talks.  Just saying.
haps

Postby dawson99 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:00 pm

dnot worry lads, i'll nail another correct score/scorers for you guys tomorrow :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:22 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

Fair enough that some rate him, but for me he's a shadow of the player he was before injury. Too lightweight for a central midfield role and too slow and poor at crossing to be a winger.

Like popping up with the winner during a battling game against Bolton  ???
Benny The Noon

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:33 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

Like popping up with the winner during a battling game against Bolton  ???

right place, right time. He did feck all for most of the match, which is fine if you're a stiker, but not fine when you're in midfield.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:15 pm

From what i remember and going through the rest of the match thread he was one of our best players that match - but at the end of the day he scored the winner - anything else is moot .
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:18 pm

I've never rated Maxi, thought he was too old now, but hes starting to change my mind, not yet, but soon
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:38 pm

crim cram wrote:I would be tempted to drop Maxi for Cole.  Maxi has played well but we need to get Cole going, he could be huge for us down if he gets some form.

Don't fix something that's not broken.  It would be insane to drop an on form Maxi for struggling Cole.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby tubby » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:43 pm

Spudz currently drawing at home to Sunderland. We can go above them if we win tomorrow.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games