WIGAN VS LIVERPOOL - Lets look forward not back,

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Rafa D » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:40 am

Its been a disapointing time for us reds recently. Losing to Charlton, Chelsea, Man Utd and drawing with Birmingham isn't exactly great form, but as Rafa says it's all been down to "small details".
  Against United they were very lucky to beat us, Cisse's howler, and Kromkamp losing Rio was our downfall, but to be fair to the lad, he is new, doesn't know the system yet.
  Against Birmingham, we dominated, looked solid and cruising, there was nothing Xabi Alonso could of done. It Happens.
And last night we were dominating the game first half, looked solid and Kewell was superb. Just a moment of madness from Dudek and it was over, although Charlton played a lot better 2nd half.
   I would be a lot more concerned if we were playing badly in these games but were not , we looking good.
  A lot of knee-jerk fans have been blaming Rafa's zonal marking, our strikers lack of goals. I truly believe Cisse, Crouch and Morientes can do the job for us. Lets stick by the lads, theres nothing we can do. Cisse and Morientes seem to play on confidence, Cisse's confidence has been shot to bits this year and its showing. Morientes, plays brilliant when the team is performing. As for the zonal marking issue, I won't even explain why we should keep it.
H. Kewell is a amazing player, now. He was our best player on the pitch last night and I am so glad for everybody involved he has come good.
  My only concern is really S. Hypia. He is a rock for us but he does really look tired and when we concede his head goes down, because of this I would bring Agger in for a run of games.So heres my team for Wigan - lets stuff em!!

Carson

Finnan       Carragher         Agger      Riise

Gerrard           Xabi Alonso

Luis Garcia                                    Kewell

Fowler
                                       Cisse

* Fowler and Cisse up front as just read bigmicks post and totally agree that is could definetly work. Also Cisse pace will exploit Henchoz and De Zeuw.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:43 am

I would also prefer Scot Carson in goal as Dudek didn't seem too convincing in goal yesterday nite.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:59 am

Agreed, as I said in another thread, Dudek is not in the position now to take over #1 spot. Carson deserves a go.

Gerrard is going to be rested this game, so again, here is my team vs. Wigan.

Carson
Finnan Carra Hyypia Riise

Garcia Hamann Sissoko Kewell

Alonso

Morientes.

Subs: Fowler, (early 2nd Half for Mori), Crouch, Kromkampp, Agger, Dudek
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:55 am

I'd stick with Dudek. Dropping keepers after a mistake or two is ridiculous, and he'll feel like he has something to prove against Wigan now.

Any word on Gerrard's availability for the game? If fit, he has to play.

I'd start with Crouch and Fowler, with Cisse on the wing. Would be interesting to see Cisse up front with Robbie though, as their centre backs do definitely struggle against pace.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:20 am

Do you think if I post my team Rafa might give it a go ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:08 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:Do you think if I post my team Rafa might give it a go ?

Who cares, its fun!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:21 am

glad to see there are some good football threads today and not doom mong everywhere. ::)

Kewell was fantastic last night and is clawing back all the bad time he had due to injury.

I am guilty of asking for his head on a pole outside andfield but i am not the only one.

Sami out turned a treat last night for the second goal, he is have one of the best season in ages but wigan have a lot of pace out wide with teale and chipbuttie and if sami gets draw out wide because traore has let big gaping holes at left back again we could be in trouble.  will rafa risk agger in a important game i don't know but rafa see's thing we don't(potential in traore) so we have to have faith.

I would like to see robbie and cissie because of the pace element but imo rafa will stick with crouch.

lets all keep an eye out for handball ???  stefan you've been warned
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Robbie Fowler is Back » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:27 am

Lets look forward not back,

what again ?

if we dont get this goal scoring business sorted out, we can kiss our season goodbye. we wont get very much further in the Champions league playng like this, and Ar*eholes and Tottenham catching up in the league.

If we didn't get 4th for some reason should Rafa be told off?

I'm worried.
Robbie Fowler is Back

Postby el_stinger » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:29 am

Robbie Fowler is Back wrote:Lets look forward not back,

what again ?

if we dont get this goal scoring business sorted out, we can kiss our season goodbye. we wont get very much further in the Champions league playng like this, and Ar*eholes and Tottenham catching up in the league.

I'm worried.

Rafa's aim this season would be top 3.

Should rafa be told off?? What are you 8?
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:51 am

almost rafa-dodd... tho Gerrard wont be fully recovered so will be rested. I'd put Hamann in the centre and also keep the faith with Dudek... as above you cant just change keepers every game - if carson were to make a mistake and concede, who do you play then? - keep the faith and stop the rotation
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:53 am

el_stinger wrote:

what again ?

I'm worried.

Rafa's aim this season would be top 3.

Should rafa be told off?? What are you 8?

:D   rafa... your a very naughty boy... now go to your room!  :D
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:37 pm

I would prefer Gracia combo Crouch up front. Wigan is a wonder for this season and we should have to beat them. Oh please let us a victory.
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby Rafa D » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:42 pm

what again ?

I'm worried.

Seems like a knee-jerk reaction from you here. Rafa is a legend and derserves all our support in whatever he decides. Yes recent results haven't been good, but we will start scoring again. I know our forwards haven't produced the goods on a regular basis, but just keep giving them our support. Sometimes Owen didn't score for ages. It happens.

To suggest we won't finish outside the top 4 is ridiculous. We will finsih 2nd this year, I have to believe this from what I have seen. Rafa has brought us on leaps and bounds in the last 18 months.
   Lets start another winning streak this weekend. I have no doubt we will finish 2nd and good a really good feeling about CL!!!!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rastalovich » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:01 pm

Is Mellor playing ?
Bill Shankly: (About the This-is-Anfield plaque)
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."
Rastalovich

Postby redmikey » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:40 pm

loan players don,t usually play against their clubs..

wigan are a good football team who will run their asses off. biggest treat is chimbona down the right and teale on the left , finnan will be ok but traore worries me playing out on the left.

we will need to take our chances when they come..  harry kewell will score the winner and complete the turn around of his liverpool career. he has been our best player lately gerrard aside. 

result will be close but in our favour 2-1   crouch and kewell
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games